7/1/18; Miss LunaMae; AMPS 197

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MissLuna, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissLuna

MissLuna Member

IMG_7877.jpg Thanks to all the guidance here, we may have found the "sweet spot" for the amount of insulin for LunaMae! Yesterday was the first time since I've been measuring when she hasn't gone way too low. She did go down to 92 in the evening at the nadir, and this morning AMPS was 197. As I did yesterday evening, I administered 0.1 dose (SO hard to be sure!!!) and her numbers look pretty good, I think. It is AMPS+3, and her BG is 157. It should go down a tad for another hour. I understand that this might change, as the "depot" depletion may cause her to require a dose increase (a "tiny" one!), but right now I'm staying the course to see if things even out.

This morning she has come out with loudly repeated "mrooowr's!!!" holding a stuffy in her mouth, then dropping it for praise. Yay for her feeling better!!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Reason for edit: added photo
  2. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

So great to hear she is feeling better!

Love the pic! My Rose likes to "announce" when she has captured a milk jug ring. :cat:

MissLuna likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Now that is a way better cycle! Really nice versus all those nasty dives! Keep to the plan, she will let you know if she needs more or less!

MissLuna likes this.
  4. MissLuna

MissLuna Member

If anyone is still following, Luna's BG went up to 183 at +8, then at PMPS, it was down to 156 again. (It is fairly hot in our house, but I have read that can cause BG to rise.) I am skipping her dose tonight. She has had such "lows" that I'm a little leery. Anyone think that is a mistake?

Also, I've counted at least 6 "stuffed-toy-kills" today, which Luna has been SO vocal about. She is still fairly skinny, and is still on her antibiotic for her kidneys. Yesterday I received a bite and a scratch, which I'm sort of glad about (much better than weak acceptance!) Winky, our other "Harry Potter Character named kitty" is getting her stitches out tomorrow, and will be thrilled to get her "cone of shame" taken off. (I'll be glad that she can no longer "head butt" me in the middle of the night with the cone.) They even had a little squabble today. It feels as if I have two sick toddlers in the house who have begun to feel better, and are starting to drive me crazy. Life is good!

5. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I think she still needs some insulin. It would be good to stay consistent if you can. It would stick with your version of .1 (don't be perfect but consistent).

Sounds like she feels better, so I would say stay the course - it's working!

6. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

You finally found a dose you could shoot 2 cycles in a row and Miss Luna is feeling beter!
    YAY!

That was a very shootable number. Being that Lantus effects are cumulative, it works best when you can consistently give the same dose every 12 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.