7/13 Kris Kringle (KK)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it has been a while since KK has had a condo, so I thought I would provide an update.

KK is doing well on Levemir. He is down to about 1 unit BID. He still hasn't really flattened out as much as I would like, but a lot of that is because I am being very conservative with dosing. Work (and age!) gets in the way of being able to push as hard as I did when Lucy was on insulin. I'm very happy with how he is doing, though.

Personality - OMG, what an AWESOME cat! He likes nothing more than for me to pick him up, plop him on my chest, and settle down for a long nap. He will stay for as long as I can sit still. He loves everyone. He is also one of the most helpful cats I have ever had. The rule is if you are in the kitchen, you must look down before moving your feet. He will be there, and he is so trusting that he will not get out of the way. It is YOUR job to be sure he doesn't get stepped on, not his. :lol:

Health - well, that's the bad news. KK is a cancer kitty. :sad: His diarrhea got so bad that I had an abdominal ultrasound last month. Based on the ultrasound, the vet said he definitely has cancer, and that it is most likely liver cancer. There is "very little normal liver tissue remaining." Liver cancer is not treatable. There are some additional diagnostics that could be done, but since the results are not likely to change the outcome or treatment, I haven't pursued anything. We'll add meds to treat the symptoms as needed. So far he isn't on any meds and doesn't seem to have any pain at all, though I think it's time to pick up some anti-nausea meds. He is the happiest cat I have ever had, so I want to keep him that way for as long as I can. I'm choosing to focus on the awesome, which he has in spades. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cat!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/LibbyL1/Facebook/iOS Photos/KK_zpsdb72774c.jpg

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Kris sure does appreciate how lucky he is to be with you, Libby. :D :D :D I'm sorry about the cancer. :sad: I'm sending vines for him to feel as well as he can.
    Liz

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to know he is so happy :D
    Sending vines that he is happy for a long time. I'm glad he found you :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.