? 7/15 Oscar AMPS 168 , PMPS 464

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam & Oscar, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

So, I don't feel like I have enough info to shoot at this low of number, but I don't want to undo progress. I switched him from half and half LC/MC to all LC on Friday. What do you think? I have to work today and could come home to test, but not every hour...

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It may be best to skip if you can't monitor as much as you may need to. You don't really have the data to know what he'll do.

3. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Thanks, that's what I went for. I was concerned this would come up after switching him to strict LC. But was hoping it would happen over the weekend when I could monitor. Will see how he is this afternoon.

Tanya and Ducia and Sonia & Leo like this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Good job keeping Oscar safe :) Eventually you will gather the data you need to shoot lower and lower numbers :)

Have a great day Samantha :joyful:

5. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

If you are at home for a while and able to take the +2 test you'd have valuable piece of data.
    What did yo feed him at the preshot? His regular food or something higher in carbs due to low #?

6. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

I gave him his regular food, I didn't even consider that he could drop since he was up (though not much) from his +6 last night. I didn't see your message until much past our +2, and only got home from work around +10.5 so I waited to test again until PMPS, since I'm still a little worried about how his ears are holding up here in the beginning. He's also still a little dubious of the whole poke, test, shot, poke, poke situation. Much easier when he's dozing and much more difficult when he's demanding breakfast/dinner.

Anyone have any advice on what a "no-shoot" number would be if I am not here to do regular checks until I have a better understanding of his response?

7. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

For the newer members with limited BG data it is 200 on human meter I believe.

Take a look at the yellow starred Sticky Notes @ the top of L&L Forum - and choose which method you prefer and follow the guidelines - TR or SLGL. The latter may suit better your busy schedule.

Another Sticky is on How to Handle Low numbers - good to print out and refer to in case of another low pre-shot regardless of what protocol or dosing method you do.
    Do yo offer treats before and after the poke?
    A small piece of plain chicken in enormous incentive to cooperate for most cats.
    Using just a tine bit of Neosporin with Pain Relief Ointment after pokes helps the healing.