7/16 Perry AMPS 373, +5 127, +8.67 90, whoa green! PMPS 262, +4 263

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry & Jenn, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Perry ate about 1:30 before his AMPS, so we think that's a hair elevated, but his +5 is looking really good (for him)!

Zorro's mom likes this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice slide for Perry today!

Have a great day Jenn :D

3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Thanks Amanda! The slide continued -- Perry napped after his +5 and I just got him at 90 at +8:40. Holy cow, that is his lowest test since I started in June.

Zorro's mom and AmandaE like this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to go Perry! :D:D:D

Perry & Jenn and AmandaE like this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

AMAZING!!! you must be so pumped!!

Way to work that juice Perry!!!

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Whooo hooo a green, great job

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice slide today. :D

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  8. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jenn,

Sorry that we've not met before, but I just reviewed your spreadsheet. Didn't see that you've ever taken a reduction since you were diagnosed, but you absolutely earned a .25 unit reduction today regardless of what method you are following it what meter you are using (I do see SLGS and AlphaTrak, but just making a point). Because if I am reading correctly and you tested at a 40 on an Alphatrak, for a fairly newly diagnosed diabetic, that is really low. According to SLGS, you reduce if below *90*. And even with a .25 unit reduction tonight, especially if Perry is food picky this evening, I would recommend you get a +2 or +3 test if you can.

If you have any questions, I might not be around much longer tonight, but add a question mark to your post and someone should be able to help. And if there is something in your history that changes the approach...but like I said that is really uncomfortably low on an AlphaTrak... or you are aware of all of this already, then you can just ignore me :p

Best,
    Sandi.

Edited to add: if you have a much lower than usual preshot, I am not saying that you SHOULD give 1.75, I just wouldn't give any MORE than that. But if you are still in greens or even low blues at your next preshot, please post for advice.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Perry & Jenn likes this.
  9. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Hi @Sandi & Whisper , I'm so glad you did reply, thank you for looking out for us! We tested at 90 earlier on the Alpha Trak 2, not 40 -- that would have really freaked me out! Perry was back up to 262 for his PMPS, and because we had to leave for a bit, I left out some of his (ugh higher-carb) DM savory ... which he didn't touch. He was at 263 at his PM +4. I guess he's surfing this one? I wish I had more experience to know for sure. If anyone has thoughts, please share! At any rate, he just had his dinner, and we leave a bit of wet out plus a meat popsicle overnight (still working on getting an automatic wet food feeder here), so I'm hoping we are good for the night.

10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Ahhh... I though your title and your SS was saying you tested 40 at +8! Now instead I see you meant it in actual human time, 8:40 , he tested at 90 (which is still technically a reduction under SLGS). Totally my mistake, sorry! I don't ever assume though, because we've had too many newbies who literally don't even know to freak out at 40, which is really frightening.

Sometimes people use decimal for the time like +8.5 or +8.67 in their titles and SS.

Yes I think he is good for the night. He'll either surf, or possibly rise as a bounce in response to his first green. Only time will tell!

11. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

WHEW well I bet you were alarmed! I'm still learning the lingo here, but yep, in hindsight, I really meant +8.67 for that 90. (In fact, I'll edit the title now.) Thanks again for checking on Mr. Perry and his fallible human. :) It's good to have someone looking out for us.