7/17 Harley AMPS 237, +5 94, +6 136, +10 200, PMP 359

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Rob & Harley (GA), Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning,

I went ahead with the dose increase to 1.4, I'm not going to let him fool me anymore with a low #. While his #'s are getting lower they are not perfect and I will be home to do a curve today.

Robin

Yesterdays News
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=19937 nailbite_smile

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 7/17 Harley AMPS 237

Have my fingers crossed and Blackie has her paws crossed for good #'s today. :)

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/17 Harley AMPS 237

If you get a blue PS, I'd consider lowering back to 1.2u. You may find that the 1.2 is enough insulin on a shot that's right at +12, but not enough for one a little late. This morning's PS is really pretty good given the shot was a little late last night. 1.4 seems like a reasonable choice - I probably would have stuck with 1.2, but I think either one is fine. Just keep an eye out when you get to the next cycle or two on 1.4, as the overlap will be building up and you may find the results are better than you expect.

Hope you see some nice blues today, and hopefully it will be contagious and Blackie will see some too!!! :mrgreen:

4. Rob & Harley (GA)

Re: 7/17 Harley AMPS 237, +5 94

Oh oh, +5 is 94, nailbite_smile a nice number but too much of a drop. I've fed him a little to slow the drop. I guess I should have stuck at the 1.2 but he wasn't coming down on that dose or am I missing something.

The board had been down all morning at least here. What should I do?

5. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

The 94 is really only about 20 points lower than what you guys were at before. Test again in an hour and see where you are at. I personally don't think it is too steep a drop, but we need to find the nadir for today.

6. Rob & Harley (GA)

Thanks Kelly & Oscar, I was starting to panic. I fed him a little and his +5 1/2 was 106.

Am I going to see really high numbers after this?

7. Rob & Harley (GA)

Re: 7/17 Harley AMPS 237, +5 94, +6 136

I keep getting thrown off the board.

He's going back up a little early, his nadir is usually around +7. I'll test again then.

8. Kelly & Oscar

Yeah, the board just went wako :lol:

You might see a bit of rebound zoom since he hasn't seen a green number yet. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You should theoretically start to see the same sort of drop a cycle or two from this one once the rebound clears (if he does rebound high).

9. Joanna & Bix (GA)

I don't think that's too steep, looks really good to me!!! I know I freaked out the 1st time I saw #s like that before nadir, but I think it's good. It's about 60% if I did the math right, so could be a little more than that to the actual nadir, which is fine. I wouldn't want it steeper than that, but I think this is fine. Really unless you are nearing 50 or so you are probably fine, and +5 is most likely close enough to nadir time that there's not much to worry about. I'd worry at a +2 or +3, but not by +5. Fine to feed though!

Like Kelly said if you see rebound after this it's probably liver-training, and nothing to worry about. I would hold this dose, or reduce by a hair, maybe 0.1 or 0.2, depending on how much improved the PSs are. If you get a PS below 150 or a nadir below maybe 60, then I'd definitely go back to 1.2 and of course wait for a shootable PS if you get one below 150. But today looks really nice to me, YAY!!!!

My thinking was that the 186 might be the start of a nice breakthrough to consistent blues. Because that shot was 30 min late (which was a good move, not criticizing...), the #s after that don't really count til you are back on schedule with 12/12. So I would have probably held 1.2 for 3 cycles once back at 12/12 shots to see if the overlap got things back to a blue PS. Some cats are more affected than others though by those timing changes, so it might not have happened that way, and if not then the 1.2 definitely would not have been enough.

I think it's fine to be at 1.4 though, just like I said I'd watch out for more improvement than you want once the overlap builds up. With Bix the results sometimes were quite a bit improved on cycle 3 or 4 of a dose, so if you see the PSs coming down, just be aware that you might want to reduce the dose a bit once they are where you want them so they don't start going lower than you want.

10. Rob & Harley (GA)

Thanks for the answers. I needed to know what to do tonight if I can't get back on.

We have tornatos, thunderstorms & hail coming through here in the next 15-30 minutes so I'm herding everyone into the basement. I'll try to get back on later.

The storms are hitting where Carol-Charlie live right now.

Please send safe prayers for us and Carol-Charlie.

Robin

11. Rob & Harley (GA)

The storms have passed for now.

Where can I sign up for spreadsheet 101?

He's already over 200 so I know that his PMPS will be ok to shoot. But how much would you shoot. I want to go back to the 1.2. If I do what will happen.

Robin

12. Kelly & Oscar

Re: 7/17 Harley AMPS 237, +5 94, +6 136, +8 166, +10 200

If Harley were my kitty, I would stay at 1.4u. That 94 you had today is a great number for a nadir I think! He is your kitty - and you have to make that decision ultimately.

13. Joanna & Bix (GA)

You may see some higher #s overnight & tomorrow morning in reaction to the pretty #s today. Since you are already at 1.4 and got good #s today, and tonights PS isn't low, I'd probably just stick with it. Staying with 1.2 wasn't me trying to say you did the wrong thing by increasing, just saying that I probably would have held at 1.2 a little longer. And odds are then I would have had to raise the dose to 1.4 in a few cycles :D so you just cut to the chase most likely, which is good... no need to wait really. If this dose is making you nervous, there's nothing wrong with going back to 1.2 either, or you could split the difference and try 1.3. But really, these were awesome #s today, so there's no arguing with that!!!

Hope the storms are all over & didn't do too much damage!!! Sounds scary!!! nailbite_smile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.