? 7/17 Leonard AMPS 276 - opinions please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marie&Leonard, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Marie&Leonard

Marie&Leonard Member

Need help/opinions please...Leonard’s numbers have been crazy since we upped his dose from 2.75 to 3 units of Lantus. It’s only been a few days, but I’m wondering if the dose is too high ? Or, do I just need to be patient and give it a few more days ? The 2.75 wasn’t getting him where we need him either, but we didn’t see these highs and lows with it. Thanks !

2. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

I don’t see a lot of mid-cycle testing, could it be that Leonard is getting a little lower than he is comfortable with and may be bouncing a little?

I’m sure someone more experienced will come along with more to add than just that! :)

3. Marie&Leonard

Marie&Leonard Member

Sunday is our only day for that ( it takes 2 of us to test him ) and we have just started trying to get some evening numbers for him too ! I was just reading about new dose wonkiness (NDW) and wonder if that’s what is going on. It said to be patient (LOL - trust me I am trying) !

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

When we started out it was a two-person operation to test Luci as well...an exhausting two-person battle to wrangle and hold her in position while I clumsily tried to position and poke her ears...believe it or not it got easier with time - after a while I could even manage to get Luci into position and get the poke all by myself - she was all about the treat she was going to get for allowing me to do what needed to be done. I kept telling myself it's this or your life - so this is what I'm choosing.

I hope you can get some mid-cycle tests, otherwise if you look at Luci's SS, you'll see she likes those 'yellow bookends' I call them - she's always in the yellow at AMPS and PMPS - if I didn't test her in between those two times, I'd never know what was going on with her. If you're gone all day to work, then night time will have to do - yes, that will mean setting an alarm to get up (ugh, I know) in the middle of the night a time or two - it's important to find out when he's hitting his nadir (the lowest point to which the insulin may be taking him)....without getting some readings mid-term you should not change his dosage again - let's find out what he's doing between those AM and PM readings...??

Marie&Leonard likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Marie&Leonard likes this.
  6. Marie&Leonard

Marie&Leonard Member

Just did the PMPS @ 238 - more a number we are used to seeing. I plan on a +4 tonight and a curve on Sunday. Glad you still don’t think he is overdosed at the current 3 units. I guess he just is sensitive to dose charges. My luck :)

7. Marie&Leonard

Marie&Leonard Member

Thanks for the info that it may get easier- yes, thank goodness, treats do help with the testing. I’m hoping to convince hubby to do a +6 (midnight-ish) Saturday night! Wish me luck LOL !

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Marie&Leonard

Marie&Leonard Member

+4 pm 187 ! Yay - another blue !!

Sue and Luci likes this.