7/17 Zoot! - how do I change his dose schedule to one hour later

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnie Cole, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Zoot! is doing fine but we have to change our schedule from 6AM/6PM to 7/AM/7PM.

I looked at the stickies, but don't see any guidance about making a permanent change as opposed to a delay.

Any help on doing this would be great.

Thanks!

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/daylight-saving-and-insulin.145344/

Hi Cinnie, you would treat it like you would for daylight savings. See Chris's comments in the thread attached. Each shot time you would move by 15 minutes ahead until you get where you want to be. I am sure someone else will stop by to confirm in case anything has changed in the way they do things but it needs to be a gradual increase.
    Hope that helps and makes sense.

3. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Thanks! I knew someone had to have covered this before. Very helpful!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Great. Glad to help.

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking at Zoot's SS, I saw you were ill ! Hope you get better soon and Zoot goes down a little !

6. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

He had a pretty high reading for him today 426 AMPS after a blue yesterday. I am wondering if the 15 minute delay in dosing for two cycles as I adjust might cause that high reading. Watching him closely today.