7/18 Mickey pmps

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peggy and Mickey (GA), Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

252...did not get BG for the last few days. being very uncooperative. I am thinking when my u100 needles come in I will increase to 1.02? not 1.5.....

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Probably either one is just fine! If it were me, I would go ahead and eyeball a teensy bit over 1u with the U40 syringes for now, and then when you get the U100s if the #s haven't improved much on the 1-and-a-bit, I'd probably go to 1.4u. If he is acting ok-ish and no ketones, I think either dose is ok though. You are far enough away from good nadirs that 1.4 doesn't seem risky to me, but I think 1.2 is ok too if that's what you prefer.

If you are having problems getting tests and think you can only get in one here & there, I would try for one at mid-cycle now & then, even if it meant sacrificing a PS attempt. Not necessarily every day, but just to be sure you have a sense of what the low #s of the cycle might be (especially on a dose increase).

For testing, you can also try the clothes-pin trick if you haven't before - those who have needed it say it works wonders (I lucked out & have never had to try it). It sounds icky but it isn't - basically it's scruffing them. http://www.felinecrf.org/giving_sub-qs_ ... _peg_trick.

You might also be able to get tips on Health for making testing less stressful. I had a hard time with it until I got a setup that Bix liked - the meter came with a tiny plastic bag for the lancets, and I discovered by accident that he LOVES the little bag, and it turned the whole testing thing from a stressful event to a semi-fun one, since he started to think it was toy time. Everyone has their little tricks that work for their cat... if you can find a routine that he likes (or at least tolerates), it will really help take the stress out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.