? 7/19 Beenie neuropathy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beenie (GA), Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I've been so focused on trying to get Beenie regulated but now I need to focus on her hind legs. While she isn't on her hocks, she walks briefly than has to lay down all the time. Her rear paw pads are dry too...very dry.
    What is the best treatment, B12 or Zobaline, or is that the same?
    I know I've read threads on this but I forgot where:bookworm:. I was told when you get the kitty regulated that neuropathy will improve. Since we're not getting there in a timely manner I want to try and address it now.
    Any suggestions on the best med?

Thanks!!!:cat:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Many use a supplement called Zobaline that they order online.

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Zobaline is Methylcobalamin B12 :smuggrin: but it has folic acid (B9 I think) which helps the M-B12 absorb better. Maury was almost fully on his hocks and front paws were kind of on his wrists and he had a plantigraded stance and hind leg numbness. He couldn't feel when I "tickled" his back feet :(. Aaanyways the point is, I only did BG control so it took about 4 months before I noticed an improvement. Since neuropathy went back to front, when it was reversing it went front to back. A bit into month 5 his front paws were looking great and he felt me "tickle" his back paw. From that month until now I can barely tell he had neuropathy :D.

Last month I did get some leftover Zobaline from another member but he only got it like 4 days before his pancreatitis flare started. Just coincidence it was shortly after Zobaline ;). So the short story for us is with BG control (not necessarily regulated) it's taken about 6 months to reverse his neuropathy. You have to be extra patient with nerves, they are the slowest thing to heal when they are able :). The Zobaline should help boost the recover though :).

4. Beenie (GA)

Oh! So just controlling the BG, not necessarily regulated, will help heal. I thought in order for the neuropathy to begin to improve we needed be is a sea of blue and green. I just assumed that nothing would begin to heal until I got numbers in that neighborhood. I think I will try the Zobaline to see if it will assist in the healing process.
    So happy to hear that you can barely tell that Maury even had the neuropathy!! That's really good to hear :)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  5. Beenie (GA)

Thanks Kris!! Found it on Amazon. Is there anything that Amazon doesn't sell ?!? :facepalm:
    I needed to get more treats in the house and my local Choice Pets store now carries Orijen freeze dried treats. I'm all about supporting the local business but when the price difference is $3 + I just can't justify it. I can order freezer dried treats (that are already expensive) on Amazon or Chewy for a fraction of the cost the small pet stores sell it. Makes me sad:(
    Sorry that was totally off topic

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Orijen treats are expensive and are often sold mainly in small stores, not big chains. Go with your usual suppliers because FD is expensive anyway! :)

Beenie (GA) likes this.
  7. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Same here, I like to try and buy from the local stores but my moth-filled wallet does not :oops:. There is one that I have to buy from if I want one of Maury's treats, my CC is more content with shopping there :blackeye:. They will probably be the first things I pay down though :smuggrin:. I dislike using them but I have one mainly for Maury's supplies (he does not know the credit limit ;)).
    At least with my experience, it's just been controlling it ;). I thought I needed to see low yellow PS's and a sea of blue and green as well until I noticed his improvements :cat:

Kris & Teasel and Beenie (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.