7/19 Catcat AMPS 267,+2.5=194,+5=88,+11.8=92,+12.3=101

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 19, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Nice to see you made it to blue, Catcat! :cool:

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  3. CandyH & Catcat

dabbling in the water at the ebb tide line, I guess -- watch out for that 7th wave ...

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Catcat - ya gotta get closer to the beach if you're going to get into the cool water today...I is on the tree...Luci said that...:cat::cat:

Luci is still stalling up in the trees... she needs to get on down to the beach with the rest of the cool kids...just can't seem to get her moving...:(

It's a mighty hot day out there...all us beans want to talk about...hot stuff...go swimming kitties...go swimming!:cool::cool:

5. CandyH & Catcat

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. CandyH & Catcat

cloudy and low 70s today but that pool will be a mass of humanity on Sunday -- predicted high is 88 !!!!!!!

7. CandyH & Catcat

computer would not listen to me, finally back ...

8. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesss... Catcat at the lagoon :D! What a nice pool with waterfalls ! :)

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Yeah! I see some green again! Work that juice Catcat!

CandyH & Catcat and Perry & Jenn like this.
  10. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Well done, Catcat! :D

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today. It looks like 0.75 is a fitting dose, with a little bounciness. Not all our diabetic kittehs have perfect curves.:bighug:

That predicted high of 88 is a good day for a swim. That is a neat quarry pool. I lived in North Seattle (Lynnwood) ~1980 and it was 95 for a week. That was pretty toasty without air conditioning.

12. CandyH & Catcat

not-a-PMPS = 92 --- will stall and retest

ETA, update 20 minutes later 101

@MrWorfMen's Mom

Linda, I feel brave tonight, should I go ahead and shoot the .75 ?
    or shoot a reduced dose?

I have Friskies to feed, and it's only quarter to 7 --

13. MrWorfMen's Mom

Since you are following SLGS you technically should have reduced the dose a couple of days ago to 0.50u when Catcat dropped below 90. That said, the 0.75u seemed to be working very well. You have never shot a pre-shot that low before and we usually suggest you work your way down gradually. So first off, I'd reduce the dose to 0.5u and it's up to you whether you shoot or not bearing in mind that you could potentially be chasing numbers for several hours given it appears Catcat's nadir is at least +4 or later and today he didn't really come up much past +5. If I were you, I'd probably opt to skip tonight.

14. CandyH & Catcat

looking at what happened last time -- following day was a flat yellow which isn't all that bad -- I'm thinking I need to get more mid-afternoon test number to see if this is the +10-11 slump that some cats get, or if he truly stayed down in greens and low blues all afternoon (I wound up with another nap I hadn't intended)

so yeah, even though I have things all set to go, I'm gonna skip again, feed him the regular stuff and see what transpires, if he's still dropping I'll open the Friskies

the thing is -- the "below 90" was not a nadir -- that's why I didn't reduce --
    these late late numbers aren't nadirs, are they?

wait a minute, rereading, yes it WAS at nadir time

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  15. MrWorfMen's Mom

You don't need to carb him up tonight with a skipped shot unless he starts going too low which I doubt he'll do. Regular LC is all he needs. :D

JeffJ and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  16. CandyH & Catcat

thanks for your wise words -- I guess I was just so excited to see greens appearing -- I do want his body to get accustomed to them

okay, Fancy Feast tender beef and chicken, deployed --
    one of his favorites

AliceMeowliss (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  17. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Great advice. I'm just watching. You will have a nice restful evening - no hypo worries tonight.:bighug:

18. MrWorfMen's Mom

Just to clarify - Nadir is not a fixed point in the cycle. It's simply when the peak insulin action is occurring or when the BG is at it's lowest in the cycle. Since we aren't testing every hour on the hour, we may not catch the precise nadir every day but those lows we do catch are indicative of how low the insulin is taking BG and suggest when nadir might be/is occurring. While we may expect nadir to occur in a specific timeframe, some cats can be later or earlier and nadir is not necessarily at the same time every day.

AliceMeowliss (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  19. CandyH & Catcat

yes, that's why I may try checking later in the daytime cycle -- to see if it's a late dip after a rise, or if it's stayed low for awhile

second time he's done this -- makes me wish for a Libre for a few days, I really would like to see more points on the curve, but OH his POOR EARS
    he has a tendency to flinch just as the lancet approaches, so he has several slices across his ear, rather than nice round holes that close easily

he can jerk away even from those nubby finger protectors you mentioned, I still had a few left over from back then -- albeit crumbly

JeffJ likes this.
  20. CandyH & Catcat

+1 after the no-shoot = 217 .. will check again at +3 but he's probably set for the night

21. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Oh those accidental naps! I feel you! :joyful:

I bet you are free to rest for your night, with the skipped shot!
    Whoo good job reducing, Catcat!!!!

Now you can all follow Alice’s lead and take another nap. :D

22. MrWorfMen's Mom

If you want to check again that's fine but with no shot tonight and BG obviously rising, you could use the opportunity to get some extra shut eye. :)

JeffJ and AliceMeowliss (GA) like this.
  23. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Beep, beep, beep!!!
    This just in, straight from the current bed of Alice: B9D11F1C-4240-4D76-AB94-F3F1512A96CF.jpeg

24. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Very cute pic