7/2 Alexia's Blue AMPS 245 - Last Report From Camp

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hillary & Maui (GA), Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Well today Blue's bean returns and I'm sure they are both going to be thrilled with the reunion.

While I wasn't able to return a completely broken Blue, I will be returning a somewhat broken Blue, who over the course of his time at Camp Happy Hillary's, he's dropped to 50 and is on a dose of .4 (U40) 1.0 (U100).

His PS's have averaged in the 200's and his nadir appears to be in the 2-3 hour mark where he can drop 100+ points. Then with my experiment of playing with carbs, will slowly rise up. I've also managed to stop the steepness of the drop, by feeding 7%, along with the 2-4% carb foods.

We've become friends, MR. Angry Pants is long gone (ok, he occasionally shows up, but only briefly). I can easily test him without any growls, snarls or smacks. He doesn't notice the U100 syringes which is good, since I can micro dose easily on those.

He's got free rein of the house, without any restrictions. He does know that he has "his room" and often I find him in there snoozing.

He fell in love with my civvie Sydney, who didn't appreciate the attention and stayed on tables to avoid his advances.

Maui still hisses at him and he doesn't hiss back (I will hear a little growl from him) but for the most part, he does his best to steer clear of Maui. Of course Maui being Maui, will walk up to him, put her face into his and hiss. She will also walk into his pathway and hiss and he tries to give her wide berth....sigh....she still holds the grudge from day 1 when he hissed at her. She also let him know that this is her house, her rules, by using his LB, trying to eat his food.

Last night, I put Blue in bed with me, and he wrapped himself around my leg and put his head on my foot. Eventually, like they all do, he left and gave me a 5 am starting the crying of hey, I'm all alone where are you, I'm lonely AND I'M STARVING!

He's eating well, the P's are in place, although he's not a big player, we did play fishy pole a few times (without any attachments on it). He got to watch fishvision anmd the squirrel syealing cat food and he got a full spa treatmen including a pedi and furminator session.

He had breffis, is about to get his shot and is now resting comfortable in his room on his futon.

Yes, I will miss this boy, we've now bonded and become friends. But he belongs with his bean, who will finish what I started and break this boy, but good. And I will be able to get our house back on it's routine.

So, I'm signing off now, this is the last report from Camp Hillary. The next reports will come from mommy. Here are a couple pics from Camp. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Great report Hillary.

Blue's going home!
    He was very lucky to have you there to help him along.
    He's come around nicely and he's soooo sweet!!

Good job!! :thumbup

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Great report Hillary! You did such a good job with Blue. Love to hear about the interaction between the 4 of you.

4. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

:lol:

i guess sydney will be happy to see him go home ;-)

5. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

great job, hillary.
    thinking she might want to increase the dose a tiny bit. even with the big drops it looks like the preshots are remaining a little high. haven't seen any rebound response from this kitty, which is great, so i think he can tolerate a tad more. of course, this also depends on whether he has the same response at home.

blue was so lucky to have a safe place and knowledgeable bean to stay with while his mom was gone. but i know sydney and maui are glad to have their mom back to themselves! :)

6. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Hillary-

You are awesome. What a great job you did. Sounds like you and Blue became friends. Alexia was mighty lucky to get such a seasoned petsitter. You have a big heart and are mighty generous. I know he will be glad to see his Mommy and get home...but I bet he will miss you...and you him after all this. Ya'll are now bonded. Maui, not so much.
    You're a great bean!

7. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Hey Hill!

Ya done good my friend!! Blue was a lucky boy to be in such good hands while mama-bean was away. Loved the pics from Camp Hillary!! He looks mighty comfortable and is a cutie to boot!

Great job!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.