7/2: Nova--pmps 135-update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Jul 2, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

I had to take a few days off to re-set my brain. In the last week, Nova's #s have been steadily rising. Once from a supposed bounce, and then maybe another bounce.

I was seriously exhausted by testing and posting--hoping for change, but not seeing it. :rolleyes:

Why she was/is bouncing at high greens is beyond me. Anyway, I've since upped her dose again, and waiting for the small increase on the depot to take hold.

I really have to remember that she is doing MUCH better and not get too upset when things don't go the way I expect them to.:confused: This could be a very long road we're on, and I need to settle down. It reminds of parenting my first child (still)....everything was a first---you don't really know how to handle anything without input from others & trusting your gut. The second one is a breeze.:joyful:

Any input, words of encouragement, similar stories, are SO much appreciated.

Thanks for listening. :bighug:

OT: Our camping trip close to home is coming up & I hope she handles it well. DH is being very accommodating, even tho I know he just wishes we didn't have to deal Nova's beetus...at. all. I'll take what little I can get. :)

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2589590/

Susan & Claudio likes this.
  2. Susan & Claudio

Susan & Claudio Member

Glad to see you and Nova are back.
    I can't give you any words of wisdom because I'm in the same boat. But I will offer these hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug:. At least she doesn't have other things going on also.
    As for parenting, my 1st one was a breeze. My 2nd one was and still is annoying at times. She was and still is a whiner :arghh:.
    Here's hoping your camping trip goes well and everyone has a good time. :joyful: :cat:.
    Don't be a stranger.

LindyNova likes this.
  3. LindyNova

Thanks, I needed those hugs. They are few and far between. Here's a few for you, too :bighug::bighug::bighug:

You're absolutely right, that she doesn't have anything else to deal with is a blessing. I actually shed tears for those whose sweet fur babies take turns for the worse. It's heartbreaking.

My boys are actually cool and never gave me a hard time, but with the first, you're always guessing if you're doing the right thing at the right time. It's like that with the Noves. I hope I don't fail her.

Thanks for the good vines for camping as well. I hope it leads to more adventures with her. I am SO tired of not going anywhere this year with the COVID and all. I can't even get DH to go for a short walk with me in the hood, much less a hike in our beautiful foothills and mountains. I guess I'll just have to learn to go by myself.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I know it's frustrating when it seems like their numbers are doing great and then you have to increase the dose, but sometimes insulin needs just change. Unfortunately with this disease you have to go back and forth sometimes. That's why we say it's a marathon and not a spring. Try not to get caught up in just the numbers and focus on how Nova is doing overall. She is lucky to have you to make sure she is taken care of. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I hope your camping trip goes well and Nova enjoys it.

LindyNova likes this.
  5. LindyNova

Thanks, Carla. Something to remember for sure. She really is doing so much better.:bighug::bighug: