7/2 Tiger AMPS 109; +2=74;+3.5=41/39;+4=45;+4.5=68;+5=92 ;+6=68;+7=66;+8=56;+9=67 C&S results

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiger(GA) and Ruth, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Previous Condo

7/1
    AMPS 85
    +2.5=47
    +3.5=136
    +4=88
    +6=61
    +7=76
    +9=88
    PMPS-98
    +2=107
    +4=90
    +6=91
    +9=89

We have had my sister and BIL staying with us since Monday morning, so I reduced Tiger's dose so as to keep her safe since she's been dropping significantly. What started out as BCSS shots, now I am afraid to go back up again. I am having to prop her numbers with HC foods for more than her allotted mini meals. She needs her Cerenia to eat, but eats very little Wellness Core because I've had to dish out the HC and Karo syrup every cycle. Worse yet, her weight has increased, her tummy is rumbling and I have a sinking feeling her IBD is now completely aggravated. This morning(warning:stop reading is you're squeamish!!! :eek:) she went to the LB to poop, it was completely normal but at the very end, it turned softer perhaps, because she shook her butt, sent it spattering on the walls and sides of the clean box, then she stepped in it and before I could intervene, she left "paw prints" all the way to my bedroom...:arghh: She is still peeing outside the box every now and again as well.

Dr R called and sent the labwork Tuesday. I updated her SS finally- good news no C&S shows no UTI and kidney values are normal,but vet thinks peeing outside box could be cystitis? BW showing elevated Neutriphils,Monocytes, WBC and my worst fear is IBD imflammation, probably triggered by all the HC (Soulistic Good Kharma Triple Harmony, Weruva Chick Magnet) I quit giving Fancy Feast for HC over a year ago due to her CKD.

I have not called the vet back yet, I wanted to run this here first. I am trying not to freak out yet. I don't want to screw up her numbers, but I think I need to cut back her insulin so I can quit having to feed to much HC and Karo. Otherwise her IBD is going to become an even bigger problem that I don't know if I can handle Any ideas or suggestions would be so welcomed.

As always, sending tons of vines to all other kitties in need and their humans. As well as congrats to the kitties on OTJ trials, it's so good to have the positive effects of OTJ!

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Ruth}}}

I'm so sorry Tiger is giving you fits. The litter box episode sounds so much like what has been happening here, so I can totally sympathize!

As I was reading your condo and the questions about HC upsetting Tiger's IBD, I was wondering if you should ask the vet about using one of the prescription foods for GI as her HC food? For instance, the Hill's d/d Harvey's IM sent home are 16 and 17 % (two flavors). Low in Phosphorus, and all my kitties, except Harvey of course, like it. That shouldn't aggravate her IBD. Just a thought.

Wow on the BGs. Is she eating well, once the Cerenia kicks in? I'd keep the dose reduced, too. Hopefully one of the more experienced members will come along with some dosing advice.

Sending lots of good tummy vines and a few :bighug: for the bean.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Finally a Tiger condo but at least now I know why. She is definitely asking to reduce with the 40's and having to prop her up with hc. You know I usually won't give dosing advice and please see what others say but that is my take on it and I'm sticking to it.

It does show inflammation with the high white count and no infection. The only other question is I'm sorry but I don't remember when she had her last dental.

BTW does she love a Triple Harmony as much as Max does?

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree she needs a reduction if you're having trouble keeping her up. I don't know about the test results. I'm sorry things are so stressful right now. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

5. tiffmaxee

I forgot to add cystitis is quite common and would be shown as inflammation as well on the labs. Do you belong to the yahoo CRF list? There are people that really know about this there are it's not going to give you tons and tons of emails like Tanya's.

You are doing a fabulous job with the BG.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

@Wendy&Neko - Wendy's civvie has had to deal with cystitis. Maybe she can help.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Just typing in now Carla. :p

Add mine to the list of people chiming "time to reduce". I spy a 39 in there too. :eek: For HC, another option might be one of the Rayne vet products. It's available through vets and better quality that the Hill's stuff. Not sure if it's high carb enough, but you can always add a drop of honey to LC to turn it into HC. They have been temporary supply issues with Rayne right now, they are moving manufacturing sites. I too have been looking for low phosphorus HC - not all the ones are available in Canada. :rolleyes:

As for cystitis, lots of experience with the civie. BTW - it's most often idiopathic - ie. they don't know what causes it. :rolleyes: Things to do: The usual low carb, low phosphorus wet food with lots of water added - but you are probably doing that already. Theo won't drink out of a dish or fountain, so I have to make things quite soupy, especially in this weather. Cystitis is often brought on by stress. I try to keep Feliway's going where he most often hangs out. There are a couple of things you can do to help firm up the bladder wall - glucosamine condroitin (Cosequin) and Cartrophen (Adequan might be equivalent in the US - ask the vet), has been shown to help. Check out this paper. At the time of the episodes, they can be quite painful. Theo usually gets 3 days of buprenorphine to help out. There can also be urethral spasms, and he has had prazocin for that. He has also gotten fluids to help flush things out. I've read that d-mannose can help as a preventative, and I am giving the Pet Naturals of Vermont UT- support treats for that. Best of luck. :bighug:

8. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Oh you guys, thanks so much for putting up with my babbling on and on........If only kitties could talk and tell us what is going on!
    @Tricia & Cinco -Tiger will eat once Cerenia and Pepcid are on board, but I often have to hand feed especially breakfast...but yet there's that weight gain due all the HC foods....I cannot say enough how I admire you- I don't know how you do it with 4 kitties when one little one has me in tears and a nervous wreck.

Thanks Elise @tiffmaxee Yes she does very much like Triple Harmony but I worry because it has fish in it as does the Chick Magnet. I agree it could be her teeth, she's not had her dental as of yet, however, this latest BW is showing imflammation/infection where it wasn't a month ago,which is why I fear it is IBD or worse, lymphoma since her GI is involved. Do you mean there is a different CRF list? I only knew about Tanya's?

Thanks Carla @carfurby I appreciate your support more than you know!

Thanks Wendy @Wendy&Neko Mariko had sent me that link for Rayne,but I couldn't tell if it was low phosphorus? That's the problem with more HC food, it has fish in it and I am suspecting fish doesn't agree with her. I thought you gave Cosequin and Adequan to Neko for arthritis? I didn't know they were for cystitis? How can you be sure that's what is going on with Theo- is there a test that makes it clear? She's never peed outside the box like this before! Thanks for that link Wendy!

9. tiffmaxee

Yes there is another CRF list that gave me extra time with Tiffany. I'll send you the link in a PM. I read there today that high eosinophils shows an allergic reaction.

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  10. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

oh my....
    your lb issues sound the same as what's going on here as well.

I am really hating ibd.... it kicks fd's ass and then some.

sending hugs....

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruth, I am sorry you are having all these worries with Tiger.
    Sending lots of healing vines to Tiger and :bighug: to you. I completely empathise with how you are feeling

12. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

No insight from me, Ruth. Just vines. Lots and lots of them.

Marilyn and Polly

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you scroll down the Rayne link, it has the As-Fed and DM amounts for phosphorus. Turns out that glucosamine and Cartrophen can both be used for arthritis and cystitis! So both cats are getting that - less to worry about if Neko steals Theo's fuds. And Theo has a little bit of arthritis too. Cystitis was a little easier to figure out with Theo. He was doing dime sized pees in multiple boxes, and then licking himself afterwards. He did have a urinalysis/C&S to rule out infection and he did have some crystals, but not for every episode. Mucal plugs can also cause blockage. So not really a test to make it clear, but a process of elimination.

14. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Thanks to Elise Rhiannon Bron Marilyn and Wendy. I skipped the shot tonight, she was 67. With no grav y tonight maybe she will feel better. Tomorrow hopefully will be a better day.

Thanks Wendy-duh, I couldn't read that far down, I can't concentrate tonight. :oops: I'll ask the vet about these meds as long as they don't mess up anything else with her. I should have known it is a process of elimination for cystitis, now i need to look up what a mucal plug is.

15. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

No advice from me Ruth, just tons of get well vines for Tiger, hope she soon feels better :bighug:

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

FWIW, while Gabby doesn't have IBD (as far as I know), she is sensitive to gluten and she can't eat beef. (I've never fed my guys fish so they think it's weird and won't eat it.) I use either Karo or honey to bring up numbers if Gabby is running low. I add a few drops to her LC food. Unless you know that syrup will aggravate Tiger's GI issues, it should be fine.

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ruth :coffee::coffee::coffee:

oh my.... Tiger certainly has been keeping you busy. I too would reduce, seems Tiger is asking for it, esp if you are seeing 40's on HC fuds. Hugs to you. it is so hard sometimes when one is dealing with multiple health issues in their furkid. many many vines for Tiger!

18. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the wellness signature select as a possibility? There are fish free varieties but I don't know if it will tick all the other boxes for Tiger.

That was quite the lb incident, are we at the point we can laugh about it yet, if not I apologise because I am giggling at the picture you painted :oops:

Congrats on the reducie :D

19. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Serryn, the picture she painted, or the one Tiger painted??

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ruth,
    I can't help with the meds or the special foods for IBD, but wanted to add my 2 cents that you should reduce Tiger's dose. The LagoonMeister agrees. Tiger is needing the waterwings too often!

The litterbox episode! What to say except that we hope it won't happen again!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Tiger and Ruth:

In response to your note in Gabby's condo, both Gabby and Giz are fed Wellness -- either chicken or turkey -- as their usual LC food. (I alternate between the two flavors.) When Gabby needs HC, I add a couple of drops (literally) of Karo to her regular food. Most of the foods with gravy contain gluten. When we first started this journey, she would end up with the runs whenever I fed Fancy Feast that was a gravy-based HC food. One of the very knowledgable, long term legends here (Jojo) pointed out that gluten was likely the cause of the GI upset Gabby can tolerate a little but not lots of gluten. I also think she's allergic to beef since that has the same result on her GI track.

Keep in mind that you can use any simple sugar (e.g., Karo, maple syrup, agave) to bring numbers up.

22. tiffmaxee

Tigers ss has really become very green lately. Hope she is feeling better. :D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.