7/20/18 Olive AMPS 356; PMPS 304; +4=228; +6.5=182

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Have to get use to new kindle. Yesterday we were able to get dad out for lunch. Here I thought he would go for a Manhattan cuz it's all he ever talks about and he says I don't want one of those. He gets a screwdriver instead. And people want to know why I don't know if I'm coming or going. Everyone is like a cat constantly changing things up.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice that you were able to get out for lunch with your dad!
    Come on Olive, work the juice!

3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Nothing surprises me anymore and I always expect the unexpected :p Glad you were able to get your dad out for lunch.

Hope Olive clears the bounce soon.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Glad you got to go out with dad and have a break:bighug:
    And Olive:eek:whatcha doing up there, bring it on down:D

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Welcome to my world.......with a geriatric, nothing is ever dependable. I am sure he enjoyed his day out, screwdriver and all!

6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Which Kindle did you get? I treated myself to the 10" in June, what a difference from the little one. I have disabled all the Alexa stuff on it tho. I don't want to talk to my machines, or have them talk to me. :confused:

7. Olive & Paula

The 8" but it has the rear camera and more space I didn't want bigger. Actually still preferring the 7" I had. I disabled alexa also. How do I get the preinstalled icons off the home screen! I want to see my kitty wallwall?

8. Idjit's mom

I don't know how to get the preinstalled icons off the home screen, so I just dragged the ones I don't use on top of each other, so they are in their own little area, all by themselves, with their noses to the wall!! At least for now they are kind of out of the way. There is a website devoted to Kindle Fire Lovers so I'm going to try to remember to look there and maybe ask how to make the home screen look like I want it to. www.lovemyfire.com if you want to look

9. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

On Android (Samsung) press and hold icon till the waste basket/delete icon shows up at the top and then drag the icon to the basket. You are not deleting the app or uninstalling but just removing the icon from the home screen. Not sure if Kindle is the same but the OS should be very similar. There should also be a user manual (pdf?) on the devise somewhere.

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you lead a very busy life! Sometimes it can feel like a merry go round:blackeye:
    :bighug::bighug:

11. Olive & Paula

The kindle doesn't do that. Some icons you can remove. Some preinstalled you can't remove. And those are the ones I want off because I never use them.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  12. Olive & Paula

I checked out the site. Maybe I have to delve into it further but so far I have not seen anything that relates to hiding the icons or even removing the search bar at the top of the screen.

13. LizzieInTexas

I hate that. I have the same issue with the preinstalled programs. I can at least remove the icons but not the apps. :mad:

14. Olive & Paula

Can't remove the icons. Why have custom wallpaper or any wallpaper if you can't see it.

15. LizzieInTexas

16. Idjit's mom

17. Olive & Paula

@Idjit's mom .
    @LizzieInTexas .

I called Amazon and got solutions to the kindle. To get rid of icons on home page you drag on on top of other and it creates a folder that you can name. The folder can be moved to bottom of page but not removed from it.

You can download an app called Nova launcher version 5.5.4 (Amazon supports this one) from here you create a new page although to get to it you have to click on the app. You can delete the search bar, pull the icons you want up to the top.

Amazon rep I talked to is going to inquire how to make this the default home page. The option is there it just doesn't allow it to be turned on.

I also mentioned why does Amazon include a regular charger instead of rapid charger, who wants to wait 6 hours or a full charge.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  18. Idjit's mom

Thank you for researching and sharing. How is your foot? I haven't read anything lately, but might have missed.

19. Olive & Paula

Nothing wrong with my foot at least recently anyway.

20. Idjit's mom

i know now,sorry, I got you mixed up with Squaliie's Mom, old age setting in=brain cells failing/dying? LOL Either too much medication or not enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.