7/20 Harley AMPS 362, PMPS 273, shot at +10.5, +3.5 226

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Rob & Harley (GA), Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Re: 7/20 Harley AMPS 362

Robin, I'm with Joanna on this, 1.2u looks too low, 1.4u looks a tiny bit too high. Remember with Prozinc, small dose adjustments often yield big results......I would try 1.3u and give it a few days, then you may want to skinny or fatten the 1.3u. I see dramatic differences with adjustments of 0.05u, so sometimes just skinnying or fattening a dose by a tiny amount makes a BIG difference. Have you got a magnifying glass? (I'm kidding, but this is why the u100 syringes are so important!!)

The other thing to remember is that it's a marathon....it takes time to get a kitty into good numbers most of the time. It would be great if we could get everyone regulated overnight, but it doesn't usually work that way. I know it's hard, but patience is important. ;-) I think you are doing fantastic, you are making fast progress!

3. Rob & Harley (GA)

Laurie,

Have you got a magnifying glass? (I'm kidding, but this is why the u100 syringes are so important!!)

:lol: I DO! I went out and bought +3 readers and a syringe magnifyer. They really do help.

I do use u100 needles. I thought you were supposed to hold the dose for a while to let them get used to it. Don't they bounce around a little with any change?

To complicate things even more, today is the day I will have to shoot 1-1/2 Hours early or 30 minutes late. We thought that early was better but with the amount of time difference would that change your opinions.

Robin

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I already need my reading glasses to draw the dose no matter what, so I'm with you on the magnification! :lol:

When I said go with 1.3u, I meant as your next dose adjustment. The timing is up to you, but I do think it's best to wait at least 2 days on a dose, unless it is too high, while you're still in the first 45 days. Harley doesn't seem to bounce around very much, so I think you can do adjustments more frequently than what I usually recommend (5 days). ECID, and it looks to me like Harley has gotten a lot of the liver training out of the way already.

If you are planning on shooting early tonight, are you going back to your normal time tomorrow morning? Meaning, tonight's shot at +10.5, tomorrow morning at +13.5? If so, if his ps# is high enough at +10.5, I would be tempted to try the 1.3u tonight. You seem to be comfortable with taking a more aggressive approach, so that would not be unreasonable. However, if the ps# is low, I would stick to 1.2u and shoot a half hour late instead. He seems to have an early onset and nadir, so you need to be careful of too much overlap.

5. Rob & Harley (GA)

Thanks, I'll see what his PS is and go from there, but I really would like to wait another day.

I don't know if I will be able to get a mid day test in or not.

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it were me I would go right to 1.3, but I don't think there's anything wrong with staying at 1.2 a little longer if you want. Generally on a dose reduction if the #s go higher you know you reduced too much, so to me there is no need to wait a few cycles - it's most likely only going to get worse.

The reason you wait for a few cycles on a dose increase is because the insulin is building up in their system, so you may get better results after maybe 3 or 4 cycles than you did at first. On a decrease though, it is working the other way, the insulin is lowering in their systems, so the results will tend to lessen over the first few cycles.

So if you try lowering the dose and the #s go higher, you know in that 1st cycle that this dose isn't enough, there's no need to wait to raise back up. Vs. if you don't get good results on a dose increase in the 1st cycle, you can't necessarily conclude it's not enough insulin, b/c it might improve when you get a couple back-to-back cycles on that dose.

I don't think there's any big rush though with Harley - his #s aren't bad, and you know he got a good response on 1.4u. I wouldn't wait for days to increase, but if you aren't home to test and want to play it safe with 1.2 for a couple cycles, that makes sense to me. It may mean you'll need to go to 1.4 again to bring the #s back down if 1.3 doesn't do it, and then back off to 1.3 once the PSs improve. But the good news is you now know the upper and lower brackets of what works for him, so you are just in the fine-tuning stages, yippee!!!

7. Rob & Harley (GA)

Yes I'm going back to 12/12 the rest of the week. It's just one day a week that I have to shoot early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.