7/20 Lanky's LL Condo + sick last evening

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by sehjak (Susan & Lanky), Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Lanky's 7/20 LL Condo
    From above condo:
    Lanky has these periodic attacks that I have marked on his SS by highlighting the notes on those days in light purple. Could this be pancreatitis? Is it ACRO stuff? Any ideas on what I should do about it? His AMPS is 276 & his Levemir dose was 9.5u.

2. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to your questions, but it does sound to me like it could be pancreatitis. I'm glad the fluids help. If it is pancreatitis, he probably needs some pain meds, too, I think I would see what the vet thinks.

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Sounds more like P'itis than acro

Do you have any pain med for Lanky?

4. sanrun

sanrun Member

Cecil had episodes like that, too. He tested positive for Panceatitis.

Sandy & Dottie

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Borrowing this from Meadow's condo:

6. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion on using pain meds. I done that & I think they are helping. Also, excellent reference on Pancreatitis!!

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Next time he has an attack, see if you can get the fPLI test done - quick blood draw and you will be able to tell from the results if the attack is p-titis caused.
    Yes, pain meds are good to have as it's quite painful. I got bupe for Shadoe's big attack, and then I still have some of a couple tubes of codeine transdermal get to rub on her ear flap if pains.
    Testing too much after the attack won't tell you a thing as the numbers may be back to normal again. Like taking his temp, best to take when he feels hot rather than wait till he feels better because by then, the temp will be back to normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.