7/21-Roger-PMPS-147

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Roger10, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger10

Roger10 Member

Vet lowered his dosage and tonights pmps was in a much better range. Did not give any insulin. His amps levels are usually in the 300's but we'll see how this dosage works out. Had to chase the poor guy from under my bed. He's been such a trooper thru all this.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you skip the shot altogether normally if you get a low PS? Or wait 1/2 hour or so and retest and then give insulin once the # is high enough? Generally the 2nd is what's recommended, but I'd be hesitant to shoot 1.5u on anything lower than your typical morning PSs unless you have some mid-cycle data on it.

This PS is perfect IMO, but it's hard to know if the dose is right or not until you see some nadirs. I don't want to tell you anything that might send your kitty low overnight, if you are doing things that so far are working out ok. Very glad your vet was on board with a dose reduction. :)

If it were me, I would restest and shoot once he is closer to 200, but I would reduce the dose further since it's still a lower PS than what you have been shooting on typically. I forget what the AMPS was, but if I recall, it was quite a drop down to this at PMPS, so the dose may be a little high for a lower PS. I would probably shoot something like 1u if I knew I could get in a bedtime spot test to be sure he wasn't headed too low. If not, I might shoot something like 0.5u (rather than skipping the shot entirely), to keep the #s from going a lot higher overnight.

Seems like he is doing pretty well with what you have been doing, so I don't want to mess with it and get you off track. :D Generally the idea is to balance out the dose between AM & PM so you can give two shots and keep the #s more even, rather than what it looks like is going on, with low PM #s so no PM shot (unless I misunderstood that part), and then higher AMPSs. If the PMPS is low again tomorrow, I'd probably back the dose off a teeny bit more (although this # is actually an awesome PS, so I wouldn't lower too much, at least from a higher PS).

Not sure if all that made sense, I think it's my bedtime, lol!!! Hope he is feeling well!!! :D

3. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

NICE job Roger!!!! :mrgreen:

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Roger!! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.