7/22 Harley AMPS 279, PMPS 169

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Rob & Harley (GA), Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning,

I've fattened up the 1.2 starting yesterday, so hopefully he will start showing it.

Yes Joanna you understood what I was saying. I was getting tired and didn't explain well.

Once a week, usually on Wednesdays, I will have to shoot early at PMPS and then late at AMPS the next morning. This Wednesday thing isn't going to change any time soon.

If that is going to mess with his bg's every week I would rather move his shot time to keep him on schedule. Although I'm not sure I capable of waking up that early in the morning. Wouldn't changing the dose to adjust for the time differences also mess with his bg's?

What aren't I understanding here.

Robin

Yesterdays News
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20317

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/22 Harley AMPS 279

Changing the dose in and of itself to account for time differences won't mess anything up, it's just a matter of finding the dose that works right for that shot. Not being a fan of the early wake-up myself :D I would just experiment with shaving a hair off the dose if the early shot is giving you too much action, and adding a bit to the dose for the late shot. If you can get the dose that gives you the nadir you want, then you are set to go. PZI really is nice that way. There's really nothing that says you need to stick with the same dose each shot, it's just usually easier to do that. But if it's the same timing every Wed, it shouldn't be too tough to figure out what doses work for the early & late shots. Up to you though... any option is good!

On the dose, I don't think the fat 1.2 is enough. The #s were closer to what you want on 1.4. I would probably try a skinny 1.4 at this point. The longer the higher #s stay, the more insulin you may need to bring them down. Although that 3rd cycle on the 1.4 went a little low a little early, it still wasn't terribly low, and remember it was only on the 3rd cycle, once the overlap built up, that you saw the lows (although the 2nd cycle is an unknown). You could probably safely shoot a full 1.4 at this point, and not have to worry about lows in the 1st cycle. If it were me, I would shoot 1.4 tonight & get a bedtime check to be sure I didn't overdo it, and then if I weren't home to test tomorrow, I might pull back to 1.3 for the morning shot, depending on how the #s look.

Although I've been recommending SLGS to everyone, I have to admit at the moment it's getting on my nerves!!! I think that strategy can be thrown out the window to some extent once you have found good #s. At this point it is fine-tuning the dose, rather than needing to wait several cycles at one dose. Of course you shouldn't shoot something that feels unsafe to you, but don't be overly afraid of getting back closer to 1.4.

3. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hummm? I fattened up the 1.2u a little more this morning and wasn't able to get a mid cycle check. The local TV new was comming to do an interview at work and we were running back and forth like ants tidying up, so I don't know how low he went.

So now what? Stick with the fat 1.2u or back off a little?

Joanna, I'm interested in trying the dose adjustments instead of moving up shot time. But first the dose for tonight.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh well, nothing like being proven wrong. :D I LOVE tonight's PS, I would stick with this dose. If the PS makes you nervous, retest in 20 minutes. I would just shoot on this # and get a bedtime check - it's still well above 150. If this was an oddball PS on this dose and they go higher again then I would raise the dose, but if you get ones like this I would stick with the fat 1.2 and get some spot tests in to see where the nadir is.

Yippee, lovin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.