7/23 Catcat AMPS 248,+3.25=212,+6=188,+9=244,PMPS 294,+3=302

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 23, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

Tomlin and Tanya and Ducia like this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice start Catcat!!

Have a great day Candy :)

3. CandyH & Catcat

just reading about your adventure with calipers -- I have a slightly easier start, I think, since we're at .5 so I have a line to look at, as I adjust the calipers, to see how far "off" the line really is

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Catcat slides down and surfs today.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  5. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

A nice start for Catcat! Hopefully he wants to play in the water today. Hope you and kitty have a good day :bighug:

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Or at least visit the beach.

7. CandyH & Catcat

may miss nadir today if it's before +6 -- I've been guessing that nadir occurs somewhere around +5 but I could be wrong too, so planning to check at +6 today, since Catcat isn't diving in, at least not yet

he's wandering around looking active, is a bit browned off at me because I cleaned his chin acne earlier -- Cetaphil gel face&body wash works well on cats with dirty chins, followed by chlorhexidine on gauze, then benzoyl peroxide after it all dried off

8. CandyH & Catcat

now he gets his allotment of protein and fat -- home stewed boneless skinless chicken thigh == freshly warmed from the freezer; next test scheduled at +9 if I'm awake, will see if he dips down in later part of cycle

I'm really more of a SLGS sort of person, but yes, the testing almost looks like TR -- as I search to bracket the nadir time, so that I can test less frequently

part of the problem, is that I can't get a decent test out of Catcat without feeding him at least a tablespoon of food, well watered down -- if I try to do so without it, I get clawed and bitten, and he fights so much it has to be affecting his BG ...

rather have him relatively calm, just a vocal protest (OUCH!) at the prick and a bit of squirming as I hold his ear to begin the process

means, though, that I can't get valid tests closer together than 2 hours and even then there is probably some food influence -- 3 hour separation may give more accurate results

I want his body to get used to these lower numbers, not yet "normal" but at least just above it, and with luck below renal threshold

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. CandyH & Catcat

he's saving the blue streak for another day -- good chance this was because of all that chicken I fed him at +6 -- gotta keep his calorie count up

funny thing, even with the excess calories, and his BG coming down, he's getting slender, at least from the top -- still plenty of padding over his backbone and ribs, but his stomach and abdomen, which used to pooch out a little, are nearly vertical, and his flanks have a definite concavity -- not like they were when he was first diagnosed, now it's more like he has a waist and the slender hips of a wide receiver ...

10. CandyH & Catcat

good grief, is everyone bouncing tonight?

almost acts like a fur shot, but I was sure it wasn't ... well I suppose it could have been

was thinking about leaving some food available for me to put down if I make the usual biffy trip in the middle of the night; maybe that's not such a good idea now

he's acting fat and sassy anyway -- let him have a quiet night with a full tummy