7/23 Figaro AMPS=240 +2=177 +6.5=469

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Figaro's Liz, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I think you would be ok to leave out LC, but if you're worried maybe do a mix! mostly LC with a little MC side or something like that :)

3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Looks like you are three days into an increase, right? @carfurby , are you around to help with this one?

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

I would definitely leave out LC regardless, unless you have another animal in the house that will eat Figaro's food.

Figaro's Liz and AmandaE like this.
  5. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Yep! Cycle 6 on an increase.

6. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

He gets an LC meal later anyway (frozen, will thaw out by +4), but maybe I'll just give him an extra now on my way out. No one else to steal it. He will almost certainly eat whatever I leave out, so maybe regular LC will do?

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  7. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

As you know, I'm not much more experienced than you are with all of this, but with a history of DKA but no hypos in sight on your spreadsheet, LC seems fine to leave out?

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd definitely leave something out for him. Maybe a mix of LC and MC like Amanda suggested.

9. AmandaE

Yes, I would leave out LC that he can eat before you leave rather than just the frozen that way if he is feeling hungry he can graze. I personally don't think MC is needed but you could give him a tsp if you're worried and then you would give him a little bump

10. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Any chance you can take +3 after feeding LC at +2?
    Right before you leave and then decide what % to leave out?

6th cycle is often when action occurs and it is early in the day.
    If the +3 lower with LC on board I would leave MC out, I think.
    @Figaro's Liz

11. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

I have to go right now unfortunately. Just put down a bit of MC/LC which he ate some of, he is a grazer. I'll add a bit more MC.

12. AmandaE

Perfect! I'm sure the MC will be enough :)

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  13. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Thank youuuu guys :nailbiting:
    I have a cam set up so I can check that he's eating. Hopefully didn't give too much MC :oops:

14. AmandaE

Even if you did, don't sweat it, Figaro will get back on track :) and it isnt like you left HC :p

Always, Always better safe than sorry :)

Figaro's Liz and Tomlin like this.
  15. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Okay well maybe too much MC :oops::smuggrin:

I ended up coming home early... some kind of staff appreciation thing. Too bad they didn't give us the morning off! What a day.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  16. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Way to work those carbs, Fig! Did he gobble up every bite while you were gone?

17. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

We're all learning here ^^;

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  18. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Actually, he left behind the chunks from the MC (which I had mixed into the LC pate) :p lol! He had just been snacking when I came in.

It is helpful to know the carbs affect him pretty well though. His numbers were always so high before, I haven't had to use carbs much.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  19. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Let's hope the relatively new dose starts to take hold and get Figaro some nicer nadirs.

Little Dude is an expert at picking out pieces of food and leaving the stuff he doesn't want.

20. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Yes I hope so! Will be better when I don't mess it up by giving him a huge cookie. :facepalm:

Hoping all of well with you @JeffJ (and Little Dude) :bighug:

21. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks Liz. Two little stories from this week.

1) LD came inside this morning - cry cry cry. Looking around the front rooms. Looking in Leo's hiding spots. He just wouldn't settle down. It was really heartbreaking. They were so close. LD's behaviors are now also a bit different - a little more aloof and staying outside more.:(

2) LD is getting extra rubs and brushing everyday. He is spending more laptime with Theresa at night, lots of purrs.

Tomorrow, we are going to wash all the cat blankets. We think it might help a little. And I am behind on work, so I will not be on much in the day.

22. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Aww Little Dude :( cats do grieve too, I'm sure this is a strange adjustment for him... perhaps it has taken some time to realize that Leo's absence isn't a temporary change. I'm sure he needs you even more right now, though he is acting a bit aloof... you are there for him and I'm sure he knows and is comforted by that :bighug:

JeffJ and Perry & Jenn like this.
  23. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Much love to all of you :bighug:

24. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks. We are hoping over time that Little Dude adjusts some more. He is a real sweet kitteh.:bighug:

Figaro's Liz likes this.