7/23 jackson’s Amps 192 pmps 183

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margie and Jackson, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

Lots of blue at the new dose! I got some Petsmile toothpaste and Jackson’s been tolerating it really well. I think all the dental care is helping his numbers.

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Great start for Jackson! I need to start thinking about Mowgli's teeth, they dont bother him but they are looking pretty pretty brown :p

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  3. Margie and Jackson

I’m dental care obsessed now, because of Jackson. The other two are getting their teeth brushed, too. I discovered my “kitten” has a red gum line and he’s just 2 years old.

4. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I had one cat who had really awful teeth at 6 months old :(. He had them cleaned a few times but then had a heart murmur so back in the day (90s) they didn't want to sedate him so they left them. Kept all his teeth (even though they didn't look pretty) & never ended up with a health problem related to them....I guess we were VERY lucky! I never realized the relationship between DM & dental issues!

5. Margie and Jackson

My previous cats had resorption issues that I never thought much about because they seemed fine and weren’t in good enough shape to get a cleaning. I feel guilty now! Jackson’s gum disease is thought to have led to his insulin resistance, according to vets at the shelter.