7/23 Maggie AMPS 153; +3 186; +5 123; PMPS 203

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

7/22 Maggie

Morning :coffee: a nice mid blue for Mags to start off her day. She just had some loose stool that didn't quite make it the whole way in the box, but she did try. My fault, so I'll decrease the Miralax slightly today. Maggie's appy isn't the best today, so I gave her 1/4 tablet of Mirtz, and so far I see no side effects as in wobbliness with her legs, so that's a good thing. I hope it's enough to give her an appy. I'm doing the bowl chasing thing like Anne and Liz do for Zener.

It should be a nice day here, no signs of rain though! I need to stop by the Vet's office today and Walmart to see if i can find that LB with low entry. Elsa, double doses of everything today, thanks.
    Healing vines to kitties needing them.

2. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/23 Maggie AMPS 153

Hi, Ann, I hope the Miralax adjustment and the Mirtz help out sweet Maggie. You are so good with the 'fine-tuning' of her meds :D .
    Good luck with your errands, too. I hope you're able to find a low-entry LB for Maggie.
    Enjoy your day!

3. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Nice blue start for Maggie today. So sorry about the loose poo. Good luck on the lb hunt. I hope you find one that she likes and will use. Have a great day Ann!

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Good luck with the meds adjustments and lb hunt today. Maggie is a lucky girl to have such a diligent and loving bean! I hope the mirtz kicks in quickly and Maggie gets back to "munching too much".

Have a great day, Ann!

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: 7/23 Maggie AMPS 153; +3 186

+3 186
    Oh and here I was worried about a drop because she wasn't eating. I wonder if mama did a fur shot! :?

Thanks Josie, Melissa and Amy for the visits. Thanks on the appy and fine tuning the Miralax. I'm glad she did go even though it was a little loosey! I hope I can find a lb suitable for Mags. She's now urinating on the pee pads that I place around the box, so I wonder if a different lb would help. She will go in the lb though for the poo, but it seems like her hind legs are giving her trouble, and this could be from her spine troubles there towards her Manxy tail.

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Looks like a blue day for Maggie. I will hope that it wasn't a fur shot. oh well, she'll recover soon if it was. bummer though! Sorry the appy is off a bit too. I will hope that the mirtz will help with that. It is nice that you do not see the wobbliness this time. YAY!

Good luck with finding a new LB for Maggie. I think ti is good idea, and hope it will help. it should make it easier for her to get in it, easier on her back/spine.tail area too. I think (??) that PetSmart sells the low entry ones. YAY though for the poo, even if it was a little on the loose side, you've done so well with adjusting the Miralax.

Have a great one today. I hope all goes well. Time for a walk too?

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Ann & Mags,

Good luck with finding a nice, low-entry litterbox. Have you considered a cardboard box, which you could cut down in front and line it with one of the JonnyCat heavy-duty litterbox liners? You might also try one of those "disposable", "travel" litterboxes, which are made of heavy-duty, papiermaché-like material. They are very sturdy and you could cut down the front with scissors. They come packaged in a stack of 3.

Ann, you are doing such a great job with Maggie's meds. Sending "normal-poo" vines for today.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Hi Maggie, Wasn't that a great party? You sang beautifully. Thanks for your help with the fuds. We have a terrific Kitchen Krew.
    ~ Rusty

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: 7/23 Maggie AMPS 153; +3 186; +5 123

+5 123
    Oh maybe I didn't do a fur shot, just later Nadir today! These kitties keep us guessing.

Thanks Michelle and Ella for the visits and vines and suggestions on helping Mags. Ella, I think those "Travel LB's" are a good idea. I've seen them maybe at Walmart. I may take a look there first. This Walmart has two aisles of pet products. Thanks for the "normal poo vines." :D
    Michelle, yes the back/spine/tail area is where the problem lies, and that's what the Vet and Techs discovered last enema.
    I think the Mirtz is kicking in, although I wish she would eat more. I think she's holding out for FF.

Rusty, that was some party. I need some tomato juice from all those niptunis. :lol: Glad all liked my dessert, Mags

9. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. Pretty numbers for maggie today! Sorry to hear about the loose poo .. We found a very low entry LB at our pet store, Pet Supplies .. in fact, it's actually a little toooo low for mocha, who always pee's in the front right corner and is now peeing outside the box ohmygod_smile have a great day guys!

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Nicely done Miss Mags! Good luck on the LB search, or what about a ramp. I saw this at PetSmart, maybe it would fit on your existing box. Or have one built, I could help if you need it.

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

These crazy cats! dancing_cat They must enjoy watching us chase them around with bowls. :roll:

I hope you both enjoy Maggie's poo day off! Zener is back to using piddle pads for pee too. We see him being a bit more wobbly at times, so that could be the culprit. And like Maggie, he will poo in the box (or outside). We are going to go back to using Dr Elsey's cat attract litter for a bit to see if that helps.
    Cat attract litter

Hope you have a lovely blue day. (maybe dip a paddy paw in the lagoon eh Mags?)

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

I'm back home and struck out with the LB's though. Walmart didn't have much of a selection. I bought myself a couple things I needed, potato chips and peanut butter. :lol: I then headed over to Petco and the whole way all the traffic lights were out, so bumper to bumper traffic. I made it to Petco and there was lots of parking with good reason. The whole shopping center had a power outage, movies, food store, restaurants and expected to not get repaired for two more hours! I'll try PetsMart tomorrow.

Thanks for the visits Devon, Ann & Tess, and Anne & Zener. Ann, thank on that ramp. I'll have to think on it. I was set on the puppy lbs or travel lb's. I'll try PetsMart tomorrow. Anne, so Zener uses piddle pads, too. Mags says she is glad to have company, especially with a boy kitty. :D I may try Dr. Elsy's Cat Attract. especially since I can have it delivered. I was thinking of ordering some of the new Wellness Turkey, too.
    Mags just had some Evo Turkey & Chicken and seemed to like it a little!

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like a nice blue day for Maggie. Our kitties sure do like to keep us guessing. Sorry you didn't find an lb today. I hope you can find something that will help Maggie.

14. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Hi Ann, Boy I have Lucky peeing on the floor you have poo on the floor, aren't we having fun.
    Maggie looking good in her blue today.Hope she firms up some for you :smile:

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Too bad about the litter box search. Have you looked online anywhere? You would think someone would create a low entry box for aging kitties. Hey...maybe we LLers should do it and send all our profits to supporting the board! Good luck with the continued search tomorrow. I hope you guys are having a lovely evening!

16. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

PMPS 203

Mags is up a little high. Now I remember the Evo does cause a spike. It looks like she tried her might to suck all the juice from it.

Thanks for the visits, Carla, Mtncat and Amy. That's a good idea to look online. I have a thinking order on Wag.com and bought this LB she's presently using from Wag. ouldm't that be gret if someone here could come up with an invention for the LB for older, disabled kitties.

17. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.wag.com/smallanimal/p/marsha ... pla&ca_kw={keyword}

Hi Ann
    I'm sorry sweet Mags has problems with her legs. I wish there was a better way of knowing pain in cats. I like the look of this box, with it's high back. Gonna go back and look at it better, myself.

No lagoon today, but still good numbers for Miss Maggie. :D
    Hey Ann, I'm wishing some of my rain on you....voodoo hex....is that the word? :lol:

18. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,
    I hope you find a low LB for Maggie. I think online might be a good place to start, saves gas too ;-) Hoping her poo firms up a bit and she gets her appy back. Glad she did eat some EVO. You really are amazing with all her meds. You're are a great and dedicated bean. Have a good night :smile:

19. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Hi Ann--

No more Evo then?

Thanks so much for visiting Gobbles' condo yesterday :D

20. Amy&TrixieCat

Hey...I saw the same box Barb did, but on Drs Foster and Smith, and it was cheaper there! It's for ferrets so it's a little small, but it may work for a dainty girl like Maggie!

Litter Box

There was also this one:
    Litter Box 2

21. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Hi Ann, Lucky was just mad I didn't get up and scoop the box for him so he just went on the floor next to the box and it ran under the dryer, he came out of that room and looked at me and took off trotting to the back room. Boy this cat has strong urine and oily.Mom was very mad at him. :smile:

22. GraceAndAngie

GraceAndAngie Member

Hi Ann,

I bought a plastic storage crate with a lid from an office supplies store. I threw out the lid and cut the side out of the box with a stanley knife. It made a great LB - you could get the sides as low as you like.

I'm really glad to see that Maggie is doing better than last time I checked in. Poor kitty has been through a bit. cat_pet_icon

Grace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.