7/25 Maggie AMPS 210; +3 166; +9 234; PMPS 224

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

7/24 Maggie

Morning :coffee: a sunny yellow which I'm glad to see as it meant Mags was eating overnight, keeping in mind her appy and poo issues. I was about to give Mirtz last evening, but then decided to wait and see and glad I did. It's nice I have it when needed. Mags has been eating Evo and also I made a milkshake out of the RC Renal LP and syringed, and she took it well. Thanks Tena for those food syringes.

Good news -- Mags had some loose prezzies this morning and in the LB. Not diarrhea, but definitely softies. I need to ask her Vet that treated her last time about increasing the Cisapride and decreasing the Miralax. This is the second time this week for the softies, but on the other hand, it's good she's able to go. Many thanks for all the poo vines as they really help.

I was worried about Mags last evening. She was in her drooler cuddler bed a lot all afternoon. When she got up to use the biffy piddle pads, she could hardly walk with her back legs not wanting to work. So I lifted her onto the carpet here in the living room, and she seemed a bit better, but still a little wibbly. I don't know if it was from laying around all day and similar to us when we get up. She is on Tumil-K for potassium. I did give her a little of the transdermal gel for pain last evening, and that must have helped, as she is walking better this morning.

I have an early morning hair appt., (so needed) and will catch up with all when I return home. I have a feeling Mags will be dropping again, but she levels out usually, paws crossed. I'm only giving her a drop to be on the safe side. Still need a new vial.

Thanks John, Mariko, Amy and Carla for the visits last evening. Nice idea, Mariko, on the stepper.

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 7/25 Maggie AMPS 210

Yay for prezzies in the box and overnight munchies. Gooooo, Team Maggie! Hopefully her wobbliness was just because she was sleepy and stiff from snoozing all day. That certainly does make sense, but I don't blame you for worrying.

Surf safely, sweet Maggie!

3. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm keeping a close eye on the two of you. Glad the syringes worked out.

Hope she becomes a little less wobbly and a little more eager on eating her fuds.

Happy "take care of Ann Day" with the hair appointment.

Hugs
    Tena

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Nice sunny start for Maggie. Yay for prezzies! I hope the wobbles were just from resting so hard. Enjoy your hair appt!!

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

A nice sunny yellow for Maggie. You surf well today Maggie, find the lagoon, nice and slow. :D I will hope for a good cycle for you today.

Nice on the appy! Always such a plus when they eat, even better when one doesn't need the appy stim. sure is nice to have when it is needed though. How nice that she takes to the syringe feed. That too is so nice to have as an option, even better when they accept it with no issues.

Bummer on the wobblies. That so reminds me of Mannie. He went through that daily, but his was other issues too that contributed to his muscle issues. Seems like the pain med helped, maybe she was a little wobbly because her lower back bothered her? It is nice that the gel is working for her. I hope too that the potassium supplement, tumil-k, is helping too. Do you need to take her back to see what her levels are? How's her BP these days? Feel good vines for Maggie today.

Enjoy your day Ann. Have fun with the hair appt. :D

6. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Re: 7/25 Maggie AMPS 210; +3 166

Morning Ann,

Hooray for prezzies, sending vines for normal poos. I'm sorry that she had some trouble walking, hopefully it was just from laying down for too long. I will send all kind of feel good vines, and good appy vines for Miss Mags too. :smile:

Hope you have a great day. Thanks for visiting this morning, it means so much to me.

Kathie

7. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Good morning Ann,
    Yay for prezzies in the box!
    And I'm glad she ate overnight.

I'm sorry to hear about the wobbliness...
    I hope it's nothing serious and just from laying all day...
    Poor Maggie.

Continue sending poo vines, eating vines and strong legs vines as well.

8. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann

How nice of Mags to decide not to visit the lagoon at +3 today. She knew you wanted to have a pamper yourself day, with haircut. Ooooh, I'm feeling those fingers massaging the shampoo now. Mmmmm :D
    Yay on the prezzies. Always like to hear that.
    I hope you are coming home to beautifu blue numbers for Miss Mags, Ann :D

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Nice slide day and you can still go out and take care of yourself! Purrfect! :thumbup on the poo, :sad: on the wobblies. Tess is less steady lately too, we're all getting older. I feel the same way a lot myself!

Enjoy your pampering!

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: 7/25 Maggie AMPS 210; +3 166; +9 234

+9 234
    I guess this may be from the Evo and also some RC Renal LP. Looks like I may need to raise the dose if Mags keeps eating this food.

Thanks Amy, Tena, Melissa, Michelle, Kathie, Mariko, Barb, Mariko, and Ann & Tess for the visits and cheers for the prezzies. Well all of you made me feel better about the wobbly, so maybe it is just one more thing to add to Mags growing older. It's not permanent, so that's good. She has been sleeping a lot lately.
    I enjoyed being pampered. I had no luck finding Evo in Petco or PetsMart though. I don't know where I bought the few cans of Evo I have in my kittty cabinet. I guess it may have been PetPeople.

11. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that Maggie left you prezzies...even if they were a little soft. It's better then none! I hate hearing about her wobbliness. Shasta's done that a few times lately and like you, I think it's because she's just been laying around and not moving much. I'm typing all of this while I have an icepack on my back and one strapped to my knee...getting old sucks! :sad: :roll: Also, she's been sleeping a lot lately...but then again, I'm not sure it's any more than normal...she is a cat, after all! :roll: :lol: Glad to know she's enjoying her EVO! Hope you guys have a great day, Ann!

12. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Eating is good, and it's great that we can adjust the juice accordingly! Funny...EVO keeps Trix's numbers down, but she won't touch the stuff, hence the higher dose. Around here, I can only get EVO at my local Ma&Pop fuds store.

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay on the prezzies, even if they were soft. I'm glad Maggie is eating for you. Sorry about the wobbles, but it sounds like she just slept on her legs wrong and had to work it out. I hope it's nothing serious.

14. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Deborah, that's nice to know (well not nice for our kitties) that this wobbliness also happens with Shasta with too much laying around. I was worried as I'd never seen her ths wobbly except when she's on Mirtx, but I've reduced that dose, and now less wobbly.
    So sorry about your back and knee and hope the ice soon gives some relief. I've got to get back to my shoulder and back pt exercises as I've really slacked off.

Amy, oh really on the Evo and lowering Trixie's bg. It could be the RC Renal doin the spike, too. I may have bought the Evo at PetPeople where they own sell certain brands.

Carla, thanks on the prezzies and that's what I thought, better soft than none at all. Today Mags seems to be walking better.

15. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Hi Ann, :lol: we are all broken :lol: I have shoulder,hand,finger and back mine self made :lol: reminder to myself I'm 5'1" and lifting 150 lbs of weight for a year begins to hurt you :lol: Seeing dr tmro hoping no surgery yet clavicle and shoulder but don't think Lucky will let me he already had me with a cast on arm for 3 months :lol:
    Well Maggie is still up there some whats up with her :smile: yay for prezzies
    Linda

16. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Hooray for good poo news! We understand about the wobblies. Paws crossed for a more steady Mags!

Zener has the wobbles too, but not all the time. It seems a little better since we started fluids. We also see it more in the daytime when he sleeps more than in the evenings. We're not sure if it is weakness from the FD, his CH as he ages or something else. His potassium levels were normal on his last check, but we are getting repeat blood work in a few weeks.

Sending poo patrol poo vines as always! :YMHUG:

17. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you are getting prezzies! I hope she's feeling better and can move around tomorrow.

They are checking her potassium levels right? When you start Tumil K, there should be a test to check in 24-48 hours and then every 10-14 days.

Hugs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.