7/27 it's been one year without Shadow

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rhiannon and shadow (GA), Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

one year ago today, at 2 pm... I held Shadow still breathing in my arms for the last time. These are the last pictures I took of her. I can see her pain.
    She never cuddled with a stuff toy or hid in the corner by the fireplace. Looking back, Thinking back to when the vet had to remove the ball from her femur.... he said she would have a full life as an indoor cat
    but would have troubles when she got older. Since she couldn't handle pain meds in normal doses, all I could do is take the edge away.... but it just wasn't enough.
    And i could feel that she had enough, and i can look at these pics as a reminder that she had enough.
    upload_2016-7-27_9-23-6.jpeg

upload_2016-7-27_9-23-40.jpeg

upload_2016-7-27_9-24-33.jpeg

upload_2016-7-27_9-25-18.jpeg

I see her still all the time in my mind and I hate that over time that will go away.
    funny with having two tuxedo's that i can just see them approach in my peripheral vision and pretend that Shadow is walking over....

funny how I miss having my chin bitten....
    and Shadow would actually give a kiss ( just two gentle swipes with her tongue) but it was her kiss.

I look forward to holding her again.... some day....

I'm wearing my imprint of her nose today.....
    so I can kiss her little nose.

Give all your furbabies a hug today......
    Every day is a blessing.....

2. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Shadow was beautiful! I know that your heart still aches but I know that your memories are beautiful!

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Rhiannon

Lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: on this sad anniversary. May the good memories help dull your pain. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

5. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

It is. I am scared of the day we will have to say goodbye...
    Shadow was a beauty!
    Hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

So beautiful and sending you lots of :bighug::bighug:.

7. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

8. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Tears streaming down my face as I look at your beautiful kitty shadow and read of your pain and loss of Shadow:(
    Time to remember and hold onto all the wonderful, funny, loving memories we have and have had with our fur babies:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Some day hopefully soon we will all see our little bundle of joy kitties that we have to let go of here:)
    I can't think of anyone here that I am closer to than my Fritz:cat: as I see all the ones that have left us I fear that day when I too will have to be left here alone without my BEST buddy Fritz!
    Remember all the Great times with Shadow :cat::cat::cat:

9. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart aches for you, Rhiannon. Our time with them goes by too quickly.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Just given George a tickle and a cuddle, thinking of you and Shadow.

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

She had such a wonderful life with you, Rhiannon. So full of love - more than many (most?) cats every experience. I understand the loss, and I tell myself that we did everything we could for Punkin. I hope you tell yourself that you did everything you could for Shadow, too. And she no doubt knew it.

I don't think you'll ever forget her.

:bighug:

12. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hoping that heart shaped hole in your heart is helped by your memories of your special gal
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers as you remember your beautiful girl. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    You'll never forget her and you'll see her in your dreams.

15. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Such a gorgeous girl, right to the end. You did such a loving, generous thing that day, Rhiannon. I know how much it cost you. Shadow will never fade from your memory. She's watching over you from the bridge, waiting for the day you'll be together again.

16. Connie & Max

Connie & Max Member

She was so beautiful.

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear {{{{Rhiannon}}}},
    Your beautiful Shadow will always be there with you. In the last picture you can see the trust and love in her eyes. I know that she is especially close to you today.

Ella & Rusty

18. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Rhiannon, my heart is breaking for you. I know the pain of such a sad anniversary. Hold close and cherish all your wonderful memories of Shadow, and she will live forever in your heart, until you meet again, and what a beautiful reunion that will be! Prayers and love,
    Lucy
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{Rhiannon}}} On that day when you will join Shadow at the Bridge, you will look at her again knowing that you did everything you could to give her a good life on Earth. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I'm sure she is looking down at you today and sending kisses to your chin.

20. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

It's such an act of love. To rip out our hearts to save our loved kits from suffering. And our kits know that and for all their time at the bridge, they, too, wait. And love. Tonight, in the stillness, she'll visit. Softly and with little notice, but she will visit.

Marilyn and Polly

21. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Rhiannon))) I am so sad for you, I know your heart is broken and I can only pray that in time the pain will ease. Such a beautiful girl who gave you such joy. One day you will hold her again. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry today brings you pain Rhiannon....As we've all come to realize, the bonds we make with our sugarcats are so very special and it hurts with an even more special pain when they're gone

Shadow doesn't want you to hurt though...she wants you to remember her when she was happy, healthy and the apple of your eye so when those painful feelings start to creep in, try to think of those great times when she was making you crazy, loving you in her own special way and being the very special girl she was

When your time comes, you'll be with her again. I truly believe that because if Heaven doesn't have cats, I don't want to go! My own feelings are that Heaven will be whatever it needs to be to provide each soul with their greatest joy....and if that means having our GA's with us, then that's what it will be!!

Sending hugs your way :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Rhiannon, my heart is heavy for the pain you still feel. It's a longing that nags at us and reminds us of a time when we had unconditional love from our fur babies that have gone beyond. Peace. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

25. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

26. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

27. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

The heart never forgets.

I hope the lifetime of happy memories that you shared together helped you to get through this otherwise somber occasion. I know Shadow was close by, so I also hope you felt the comfort of her spirit when you needed it most.

28. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Rhiannon)))

I'm sorry I missed yesterday. I was just not emotionally able to read this and post because I know how heavily you still grieve and tears come all too easy to me. I apologize for being so selfish. I kept you in my thoughts as I do today.

Shadow was so beautiful and she is so well loved by you and will be forever. For her, the time away will be the blink of an eye. For us, that have to find a way to go on without them, it will seem so much longer.

it is always so very difficult to lose any of our babies but when it is our heart and soul kitty, it is just devastating and I know each day of the last year has been so very hard for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you so much EVERYONE!
    your words have made me feel so much less alone.....
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Rhiannon)))
    Sending lots of love and hugs to you. I know how much you miss Shadow....especially today.
    She will always be in your heart.

31. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

32. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending hugs. Tuxedos are special cats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.