7/27 Perry AMPS 452, +2 377, +9 120 | PMPS 112, :20 119, PS, +1 111, +2 90 (food), +3 135, +4 96

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry & Jenn, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Yesterday, first day on new dose. Perry slept through his timed feeder window last night. That thing needs a 10-minute alarm to let him know he's about to lose his chance for a late snack! He wouldn't let me sleep through it, though, so he got me up at 4:30am for a bite. His AMPS (452) was taken at 5:45. I'm not comfortable with these numbers, but I suppose that's not bad for a cat who had a snack and is rebuilding his depot. Really hoping he slides some today, though.

Hope all the kitties stay safe out there today.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor little thing, missed his feeder snack... he'll get used to it! He knows he can wake you up...:p
    It's not always easy to work two reducies back to back; very often we have to increase again! You'll see what he does!
    Come on to the beach Perry on that nice sunny day!:cool::cool:
    Have a great day !!

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

I have a feeling 1.75 is the better dose for him, but we'll go up when it's time to go up and no sooner!
    Have a good one, Lyane!

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Come on Perry work that juice, I see a doscrease threat in the near future
    Have a great day!

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Perry keeps sliding down for you today.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  6. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

120 at +9, and then 112 on PMPS just now. Delaying :20 to test again of course. I really didn't see this coming just three cycles into a no-shoot night and decrease.

7. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Is this just a big bounce from the higher numbers yesterday?

8. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

PMPS :20 119

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Bounce is over. His numbers are steady the last several hours, within meter variance. You shooting?

10. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

We shot a reduced dose. We didn't want to skip again but worried about a full dose.

Do you mind if I ask, @Wendy&Neko , how did you know the bounce is over? That was so fast after the no-shoot two nights ago.

11. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

I'm also wondering about overlap, or...I don't know, there's just a lot of inconsistency right now with that no shoot the other day and the dose reduction. It was just so surprising to see him in the low blues this evening.

12. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

PM +1 111.

13. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

+2 90. Regretting giving him even a nominal dose tonight.

14. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

You're prepared with a hypo kit right?

15. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Absolutely. Not sure I'm mentally prepared, but we have everything.

16. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

I'm too new at this for advice but I'll be up with Oscar (and this work emergency) until hes deemed safe, so I'm here for support if needed!

17. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

We are likewise new but will also be up for support for you and Oscar, too!

18. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Gave Perry a tbsp of DM (10%) about a half an hour ago, because he usually has a snack around then, anyway. Now he's 135 at +3. We'd weaned him off that food but still have some cans around, and I think I better keep it on hand -- it sure is good at bumping him up a bit.

19. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

That’s good!

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He’d ditched his red and pink suit for a blue one. Plus he drifted down all day, a classic slide.

You are right that the inconsistency in dosing does make it harder to spot things. Paws crossed you find a dose soon that you can stick with,

21. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

I know you say he's picky so it might not work, but Oscar loves the Weruva and I've just been getting 9-20% Weruva to have on hand for emergencies!

22. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

One of his foods is a Weruva at 2%, but they've changed the formula, and he doesn't like it. I bought out or local Petco of the old formula the other day! Still looking for a substitute for that one, but I've bought us some time by cleaning out the store, haha.

We have a long history of trying every 0-4% carb food ... and it's a story for another night. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

How's Oscar?

23. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

+4 96 and we're giving him his bedtime meal now. We'll check back in on him through the night.