7/28 Lucy // Yesterday's Vet & AC Session

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mariko, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late report.

Yesterday's condo

I'm still testing her BG because she's getting insulin, but I won't report her numbers anymore.
    Lucy ate about 3/4 of her breakfast this morning, and we had a nice cuddle after that.

Yesterday, I discussed with the vet how to recognize it's time before it gets an emergency crisis.
    She said to monitor how she's eating, if she's purring and if she's using her box.
    And also she said to count her respiratory rate.
    She also said that the pancreatic cancer can be very painful, at least it is for human, so she's on Bupe.

While I was at the vet, Lucy had an Animal Communication session with her reiki practitioner, and I want to share with you what she said.
    It is very very sad. As I mentioned yesterday, I asked only 2 questions.

I cried a whole bunch when I read this.
    I am so sad that she's in so much pain.
    And it made me cry so much that she still wants a bit more time with me despite all the pain.
    I will free her as soon as she lets me know she's ready in the way she explained.

She still ate 3/4 of breakfast this morning, and purred. She's still using her box.
    She still eats her treats. But I know she is declining.
    I may not post daily condo, but I will keep you updated.

I am now trying to spend as much time as I can, love her as much as I can.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Paws crossed the regular bupe will help with Lucy's pain. Giving her lots of love is exactly the right thing to do for both of you.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

(((Mariko))),

I am writing this with tears in my eyes. I am so sorry. I went through this with Tiffany and yes you will know when it is time and give her the most precious and unselfish last gift. A kind vet at the time that I asked the same questions told me that it wasn't her time and that I would have to make the decision for her which I did later. Relish the good days and live in the moment is the best advice I can offer (not that you asked for any). You have been the best caregiver and mom to Lucy and I know how much you love each other. Please do take care of yourself as well.
    :YMHUG:

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOOONG HUG Mariko and sweet Lucy....and more hugs...

Extra thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace for both of you as you continue to walk this path...it's not an easy one on our hearts nor our heads...THANK YOU for allowing us to be a part of your and her life.

5. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Mariko and Lucy))))) I seriously cannot hardly type because my eyes are full of tears. Thank you for sharing this very personal message, as much as it breaks my heart to read it. God bless sweet Lucy and you for being such a wonderful mom to her!

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

These days are a gift from Lucy to you. She is a lucky kitty to have such a caring and wonderful bean. Thinking of you.
    Liz

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{Mariko}}

I'm glad the session with the AC brought you some peace, and the meeting with the vet gave you some guidance. Now you and Lucy have to travel this journey together until she goes on alone, but at least when she does, you will know you did everything you could for her, and that she appreciated it. Sending you many hugs and vines for more good days with your darling Lucy.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Mariko))))

You are doing exactly what you need to do and exactly what Lucy wants you to do. Keep her as comfortable as you can and enjoy every minute you can spend with each other. Just as Liz said, you and Lucy are sharing a very special gift.

9. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Mariko)))))))
    The mutual love between you two is beautiful.
    Sending you both many hugs and comfort vines ♥♥♥

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I hpe the bupe works to ease Lucy's pain and these next weeks can be shared in love and peace. :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

she's precious. big hugs to both of you as you walk this path, mariko. one of the hardest things i've ever done was to let punkin go. you'll know when it's time.

12. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Mariko,

I am sending blessings and prayers for you and Lucy.

Terri

13. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Mariko,

I, too, am writing with tear filled eyes. The bond that you have with Lucy, even in the short time I have been part of the LL family, is profound. I am sending as many prayers, thoughts, love and hugs I can to you.

You are an amazing bean to Lucy and my heart breaks for you. I hope you are able to enjoy your time with her now.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers and hugs to you and Lucy. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Treasure each moment you have with Lucy and update us when you are able.

15. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this moments with us Mariko. You are such a great caregiver and Lucy loves you so much. Treasure the time you have together. Many people here have walked in your shoes with pets and people so they know how hard it is....

16. Tina & Rocky

Tina & Rocky Well-Known Member

I cried too Mariko, when I read this. My heart is with you both. I am pray every day, several times a day, that all sentient beings be free from suffering and the cause of suffering, and that all being know happiness and the cause of happiness. It is good that you have her on the Bupe. I know that you will give her as much as she needs, even if it makes her very sleepy.

Sending you both the healing blue light of the Medicine Buddha. Many blessings, Tina

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Mariko)))),
    Lucy is not afraid and she knows that you will help her cross when she tells you it is time. Until then, treasure every minute you have with her. She loves you so much and you and she are so lucky to have shared so many good years.
    Thinking of you and Lucy and sending much love to you both,

Ella & Rusty

18. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh ((((Mariko))))
    adding prayers for you and Lucy to enjoy each other..... and for her pain to be lessened....

if you haven't made a recording of her purring.... that might be a good thing to get while you can.
    it makes you cry to have it later on but it is also a comfort.
    Hugs!

19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Mariko)))

This just makes me weep for you. Lucy will be ok....she will have peace. But I know how this must be for you and I can only send you the greatest amount of empathy you can imagine. And hugs hugs hugs. Big, hearty, comforting hugs in a time of no comfort.

She trusts you. Spend your time together just doing her favorite things and just let her have what she wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.