7/28 Maggie AMPS 215; +3 87; +4 82; +7 129

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning :coffee: a sunny yellow, and true to form, Mags is having an early dip in the Green Lagoon. I have not yet increased her dose, as her Nadirs are within range. Also, the food is a challenge as sometimes Mags is okay with the Veterinary food, but not always, so I try and balance things with some foods from Dr's Lisa's low phosphorus charts. I gave Mags 1/4 tablet Mirtz crushed in some bf last evening, and she became vocal and her appy really improved. She wasn't too vocal, just like the old talkative Mags. She even ate a little Wellness, after snubbing it for thr past days. She had some food overnight. She lost a little weight last Vet visit, so hopefully she'll gain it back.

.Looking forward to Elsa's coffee. I wonder if Bug and Lola might try baking some scones, hint, hint! :D
    Have a nice day. I think I will take a short walk to the mailbox and recycling bin Be back soon to visit.

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/28 Maggie AMPS 215; +3 87

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

and there she goes, off to the green lagoon! GOOOOOOOOOOO Maggie I think you dosing is just fine - she's having great nadirs, looks good!

i understand too on the vet food. It was the same with Mannie. My vet told me, her opinion, that as long as they were getting some of it, other foods were ok too. she supported what the office sold, but understood too that sometimes that doesn't always work out. Good luck with the fuds. I'm glad that the mirtz helped her last night, Chow down Maggie!

enjoy that walk this AM, no matter on the distance: out is out. :D :cool:

have a god one!

Auntie Ann - I am on my way - lots of brews, lots of treats too. ~~ Elsa, Lil BIT, kitteh barista

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Mags definitely does know how to work that juice! I'm glad the mirtz helped her appy pick up a bit, and made her chatty, too! Are you still trying out that new phos binder, too?

Have a great day, Ann!

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

It was a very short walk, a longer one later, nice and cooler right now.

Michelle, thanks on Mags. Yes, that's also how my Vet feels with some Vet food and then other foods. The Veterinary foods have the low phosphorus but higher carbs.

Hi Amy, the Mirtz definitely is a help and 1/4 tab. seems to do it. With 1/2 it seemed too much and made her restless. No, not using the Renagel. It just wouldn't crush easily and seemed to upset Mags's tummy what little I did try. I'm using the alum. hydroxide.
    Let's hope mags stays a whole in the Lagoon today.

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Ann

It always makes me smile to see Miss Maggie in the lagoon at +3. :mrgreen: Her consistency tickles me :D

I hope it stays cooler, in case you want to get out again today. :cool:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/28 Maggie AMPS 215; +3 87; +4 82

Nice greens for Maggie. :mrgreen: I hope she surfs for a while.

7. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Hi Ann. Nice to see Maggie at the Lagoon this morning. Hope she can keep her numbers down and avoid the dosecrease. Glad that she is eating some of her Wellness and hopefully she'll start putting of weight back on.

Have a great day Ann.

8. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great report for Maggie today :D .
    I love that she was talking to you last night. I love conversational kitties :D .

I hope you're enjoying your Sunday. Scritches to your Surfer Girl! :mrgreen:

9. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

I love chatting kitties!!!! Very nice day for Maggie. Hope the short walk was fun...cooler weather is the only way to go! Happy Sunday, Ann & Maggie!

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Whooo Hooooooo! Surfing Mags! Looking good today! I'm glad the Mirtz works so well for Maggie, you've found the magic dose!

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Detective Poo here, checking on the Mags. Sending my usual poo vines with a few appy vines thrown in for good measure. I'm glad to hear she's eating. And chatting. And surfing! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Liz

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Mags has left the Green Lagoon but did get in a few hours of surfing. I was sitting on the recliner, and Mags was in her drooler cuddler bed on the sofa. All of a sudden she hops onto the coffee table and onto my lap. She hasn't done that in a while. We both had a btd in the recliner. :D

Barb, she has been consistent with the +3 dive into the Green lagoon.

Carla, guess Mags has some other places to go and things to do, now out of the Lagoon. :lol:

John, I hope so, too, she can gain some of the weight back. It was after that last enema the poor appy started when she was feeling so bad. Mags and Trixie are both iffy on the Wellness for some reason. I guess they are cats.

Josie, she was very talkative last night and watching everywhere I went and then calling me. :D This is the ole Mags when a lot of times she would want to play in the middle of the night. I love the talkers, too.

Hi Deborah, our cooler weather didn't stick around too long, nice and sunny now.

Ann, the recommended dose of the Mirtz was 1/2 tablet, but the 1/4 is perfect for her.

Thanks Liz, aka Detective Poo, for the vines for good measure. Mags is always in need. We hope Zener's diarrhea clears up and send good poo vines back to him.

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

:D :D :D Awwwwww....I love it!

14. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Amy, It used to be an all the time thing that she would come over and sit on my lap. Then I wouldn't be able to get up and answer the phone or do anything until Mags was ready to move. :lol:

15. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,
    Great news Maggie is eating well and talking well :lol:
    Very lovely numbers too!!
    Continue sending good appy vines and good poo vines to Maggie.

16. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Thank you for your visit to Lucy's condo today.
    I replied about the litter there, but wanted to post here too in case you miss it.
    About Dr. Elsey's cat litter, I now use Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra, but did use Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract when she was pooping outside box for a while in March after getting sick.
    I got her using the box regularly, so now I buy the cheaper Precious Cat Ultra.
    When I used Cat Attract, I also changed her box to this at the same time.
    I think she really loves this box.
    It's really big, and much more specious for her.
    The entrance is a little high, so I use a "stepper" I mentioned previously, and she never peed/pooped outside since.
    I really love Dr. Elsey's litter because of much less dust. It has made her breathing/snotty sinus much better!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.