7/2Ravan/+3 452/+8 385/pmps 390/+5 240/+8 168/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. JoyBee&Ravan

@Chris & China
    You're the Computer question person Right?
    Why is there a small pic of Ravan on the photo of the posts I contact? I don't see that on other peoples posts?
    I was told to copy the day before info on top of the page & insert it on my new thread each day. I don't see anyone else doing that?

3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

The small pic just means those are the posts you replied to and are now following.

Yes, you are correct. We like to put the previous post in our new threads so people can follow the story. Not everyone puts in the link the same way. Some modify the link to say, yesterday. I modify my link to show the date of the previous post.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Only you can see that little picture and Osha is correct...it shows up on the threads you've made comments on like this:
    upload_2018-7-2_12-50-51.png

Most of us do, but it may look different. Like this is mine from yesterday
    upload_2018-7-2_12-52-55.png

That blue means it's a link...if you clicked on the original, it'd take you to my previous day's thread.

It doesn't have to be "fancy" though.....just doing it the way you are is perfectly fine!!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Chris and China
    @Osha
    I'd appreciate some feedback on why is Ravan now getting so many very high #'s Black & higher. It's been 5 months & it looks like it's getting worse!
    I read the constant bounce from high to low is worse than if he was staying high for a while. I'm confused now about lowering his insulin. Last time i lowered to 1 unit I was told it was a failed decrease.
    I went back to 1.25 & again he dropped too low.

Any thoughts on what's going on? (he also still very thirsty & peeing & eating constantly)

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for all the black. :(

Some cats are just very bouncy. My Osha loved to bounce when she was on Lantus. I don't know that the constant bounce is worse than staying high for awhile. I do know, the more time the kitties can spend in the lower numbers that the body will get more used to them and not sky rocket. Cats will go back and forth between doses all the time. So while 1 unit was a failed decrease at one point, it may prove to be the right dose for awhile. We just have to follow their numbers. I was always wanting the "correct" dose, but I am constantly moving between doses. I also know when they get more regulated, they are supposed to drink, pee and eat less, but every cat is different. Even though my girl is fairly well regulated, she drinks and pees a ton and has a crazy appetite. Again, it is the every cat is different.

I know this doesn't really answer any questions, but hang in there. You are doing a great job taking care of Ravan. Chris is way more experienced than me, so hopefully she will have better insight than I do. In the mean time, these hugs are for you! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan and Jill & Jade like this.
  7. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Poor Raven baby ( and you) sending energy!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Come on Ravan, work the juice!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

How long has it been since Ravan's teeth been checked? Is there any chance of a UTI?

Today, I'd say the icky numbers are directly related to the lows yesterday and he's bouncing....it can take up to 6 cycles to clear those hormones and sugars that Mr. Liver dumped.

I agree with @Osha too....just because a dose did X last week doesn't mean it'll do X again this week. Doses go up and down and up and down....it was a good 6 months before China's numbers even started to look like they made any sense!!

Judy and Boomer and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  10. JoyBee&Ravan

About 4 months ago Ravan had a thorough exam & blood work. Everything was OK. It's difficult financially to run him to the vet. I thought as long as he does go down in green he must be OK. It's just these very high Black #'s that confuse & scare me!

11. Judy and Boomer

This is now the 3rd cycle since the greens and he usually breaks the bounce in the 3rd or 4th cycle. You may want to get a +2 test and feed.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

@LizzieInTexas
    I was reading Bellasmoms' post & saw your comment about "Headlamp magnifier" I've recently been told I have the beginnings of cataracts Those would help a lot!
    Thank you for the suggestion!:) I'm going to try to find them today.

Bellasmom likes this.
  13. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Me too
    Nice blue!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  14. Judy and Boomer

That was a nicer slide last night.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  15. JoyBee&Ravan

Yes, I'm hoping Ravan will adapt to this dose & not have such dramatic drops & increases. Time will tell!

Bellasmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.