7/3 Lanky's LL Condo (?BG testing question?)

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by sehjak (Susan & Lanky), Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Lanky's 7/3 LL Condo

Say, I bought a new ReliOn micro BG meter yesterday & was reading to instruction booklet. I noticed a caution message saying if the blood sample is watery or clear to retest. Have you folks experience this? What is wrong with such a sample & how will the results be skewed? I have noticed that condition what I have tested but I have not retested. Just curious here as the booklet did not explain further.

We are holding Lanky's dose at 7.5u for another cycle as he is feeling better & something seems to be going with his numbers on the last cycle. What a balancing act, no?

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I used the ReliOn Micro, but I have to say, I didn't read the instruction booklet very well and never noticed that statement. The only times I retested is if I didn't believe the number (like, way low). However, I can't say that I ever got a "watery or clear" sample...I always had a nice red dot to suck from.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I have noticed a difference between Shadoe and Oliver. His is thinner and hers is quite thick.
    Not sure what they mean by watery, and you read manuals? I do look at pictures if there are some but reading ... seldom.

4. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

When I first started testing I think I saw a comment like that. The Relion Micro is great for only needing a small amount, maybe it's easier to have a compromised sample. If the consistency doesn't seem right to you, I would get a second test.

Glad you've found a dose that keeps Lanky happy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.