GA 7/3 Marshmellow - Watching over us now

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marshmellow & Steve, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshmellow & Steve

Marshmellow & Steve Member

[​IMG]

We just had Marshmellow put to sleep. The vet called us and said Marshmellow wasn't responding to the treatment, her kidneys had shut down and her heart was failing. I want to thank everybody on FDMB for the support and guidance to help Janelle and I have and extra 4 months of "quality time" to spend with Marshmellow. I can't help feeling there was more I could have done, but this came upon her so quickly.

On our drive home, an all white cat ran across the road right in front of us, it looked just like Marshy. I think it is the best thing that could have happened. Janelle cried out, and I said, "Look, Marshmellow's spirit is running free!" I think that made her feel better about Marshy's passing.

Love those around you while there is still time. Our time on this earth with our loved ones is a gift. and how often we forget how short that time can be. Fly free Marshmellow, you will always be with uscat_wings>o. Again, thank you to everyone on FDMB, you are a Godsend!

2. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that. It is never an easy thing. My heart goes out to you.

Fly Free Marshmallow! cat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>o

Marshmellow & Steve likes this.
  3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Steve and Janelle, I'm SO SO sorry it was Marshy's time to cross but you all shared so much love in such a short time. I have a special place in my heart for all white cats...seeing 'Marshmellow's spirit running free' is just so heartwarming.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet baby....landing softly back in Papa's and Mama's broken hearts...

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Steve and Janelle. Yes, she is watching over you, and will always be in your hearts. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Hugs to you both, we know how much you miss you baby. I don't believe for one nanosecond that you could have or should have done anything differently. You loved her with all of your heart and that is truly a gift.
    Liz

6. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything humanly possible to take care of Marshmellow, so please do not second guess yourselves. You gave her a good life with as much quality time as was possible. May the happy memories of good times give you peace and strength to deal with this sad time.

Fly free and pain free Marshmellow.

:bighug: :bighug:

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

cat_wings>o Fly free beautiful Marshmellow... land softly.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. It's never easy to lose one of our furbabies. With Callie's passing, I've learned it's so easy to second guess if we could have done more. I've learned I can drive myself crazy doing that. It's best to focus on the good memories of the times we had with them and know we loved them and did the best we could with what we knew at the time. Fly free Marshmellow. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

9. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.:bighug::bighug: Marshmellow, so beautiful. May she Rest in Peace. Fly free little one.cat_wings>o She will send you a sign from the Rainbow Bridge that she is safe.

10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear it was Marshy's time! I have a special place in my heart for white kitties too

I hope you'll take a few minutes and read this fable. It's official title is "The Loving Ones", but I like to call it "You have chosen Tears". It'll probably make you cry (it still makes me cry to read it) but they will be healing tears.

Fly free sweet Marshmellow and land softly. There are many at the Bridge to welcome you cat_wings>o

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Steve and Janelle))) Our very deepest sympathy and condolences for your loss of your beautiful girl. She was so lucky to have so much love and such attentive parents.

Gentle journey, Marshmellow.

The Ridge by Carol Notermann
    It’s been such a lovely summer, I’ve been napping in the sun.
    This morning, other cats and I enjoyed a long long run.
    We chased butterflies together. I climbed high into a tree.
    And now I think what woke me up was that small bumble bee.

I’ve yawned and stretched, and still I feel that something has begun.
    He’s standing there in robes of white, and telling me to come.
    I always run to Him you know, when He comes across the bridge
    To see if we’re all having fun and if we’ve checked the ridge.

He gives tummy rubs to all of us and pets and cuddles too
    I’m glad to see Him every day, when He comes into view.
    Each day He takes a different cat, and chats with them a while
    Then off that kitty starts to run. I swear they seem to smile.

But now He’s stopped in front of me. He’s said a name I know.
    He said to look out towards the ridge. The sun is setting low.
    I start to walk out toward the ridge, and then what’s that I see.
    IT’S YOU! IT’S YOU! It’s really you. You’ve come to be with me!

My goodness you are running and I am running too!
    You stop to bend, but I can jump and now I am with you.
    I feel your kisses on my head, as I did in long off days
    You’re holding me and hugging me, and into your eyes I gaze.

And now He’s walking with us, as you carry me once more
    We’ve crossed Rainbow Bridge together. We’re here at Heaven’s door.
    And He has held it open, and told us to walk through
    That from now on and forever, I can always be with you.

12. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Marshmellow.
    {{hugs}}

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Steve & Janelle)))))

I am so sorry. There is so little anyone can say that will ease this loss. Marshmallow has left paw prints on many hearts and will be remembered with fondness.

Fly free Marshmallow and land softly. You will be traveling to the Bridge with another of the Lantus and Lev kitties and will join many who we have known and loved who will keep you safe until you are reunited with the ones you love best.

14. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Sending much love to both of you Steve and Janelle....dear sweet Marshy was so blessed and lucky to have such loving and wonderful parents such as yourselves.

I am so glad she sent a sign to you so soon that she was doing well! Dear Marshmallow --- if you can think of it, send mom and dad another sign within the next few weeks to remind them that you made it safely across the bridge.....

15. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this, Steve and Janelle. She was lucky to have you looking out for her.

Fly free little one . . .
    [​IMG]

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

(((Steve)))) I just read that it was Marshmellow's time and I am truly sorry. My heart goes out to you and Janelle. We never have them long enough. Don't think for a second that there was any more you could have done. You did it all and then some extra. Rest in peace beautiful white ball of fluff. You shall be missed. :bighug::rb_icon:

17. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Steve and Janelle, I'm so sorry. Marshy knew love. That is what is so important to remember.

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:rb_icon:
    Dear ((((Steve and Janelle)))),
    Your beautiful girl is flying free on her new wings of gold. We are so sorry for your loss, but Marshmellow will always be with you in that special corner of your hearts that belongs just to her.
    Fly free, Marshy cat_wings>o. You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

19. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Oh, Steve and Jenelle. My heart breaks for you both. Such good beans. Such a big hurt.

She knew you so well that she had to special delivery a sign to help ease your pain. Special little girl.

Thoughts and prayers.

Marilyn

20. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

(((Steve))) (((Janelle))) I'm so sorry you had to let your beautiful girl go.

The white kitty you saw on the way home was such a wonderful sign. Fly free Marshmellow :rb_icon:

21. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for you and Jenelle tonight. I wish I had some wonderful words of comfort to speak to you, but all I can say is that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

22. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Steve and Janelle, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Marshmallow. They are never with us long enough...Fly free sweet Marshmallow and land softly. You were so loved.

23. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. It's never easy and every moment is indeed precious.
    Fly Free Marshmallow.
    [​IMG]

24. Lori & Lulu

Lori & Lulu Well-Known Member

Oh Steve and Janelle, my heart hurts for you. Losing your sweet Marshmellow must be so hard. Precious Marshy is now running free, free of pain and suffering. Fly free and land softly, little girl cat_wings>o

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Author unknown..."

25. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to read of your loss, fly free sweet Marshmellow cat_wings>o

26. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Fly free, sweet Marshmellow and land safely at the Bridge. Saying prayers of peace and comfort for both you and Janelle. :rb_icon:

27. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences Steve and Janelle on the loss of your beloved Marshmellow.

28. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Steve and Janelle}}}

I am so sorry to learn that Marshy has gone ahead. I know how much you had hoped to give her more time. You are wonderful beans and you made a very loving decision today, even though I know it was very difficult for you. I agree that the white cat crossing the road was a sign from her. She is without pain now and will be waiting for you, watching from the Bridge.

Fly free, sweet Marshmellow, and land softly. :rb_icon:

29. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Marshmellow.
    The white cat you saw, a sign, is such a special gift from Marshmellow.
    Sending prayers.

30. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Oh, sweet Marshmellow! We're sorry that you had to go so soon, but are so happy you're now free of all that ailed you. We know you're somewhere better, having lots of fun, but don't forget to check in from time to time. See you again some day!

31. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss Steve and Janelle. Fly free little Marshmallow, with your new angel wingscat_wings>o

32. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Steve and Janelle. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    So very sorry to hear you have lost your sweet little Marshmellow cat_wings>o

33. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Marshmellow. You both gave her a wonderful life :bighug:

34. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Steve and Janelle, I am so so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you. I am so certain that that white cat you saw running was Marshy's way of telling you, she is indeed running free, and wanted you both to know that she is OK, grateful for all you did for her, and for that final loving gift of flying free again. She will always be with you, tucked away in the corner of both your hearts. Fly free little one. You will always be remembered.

candle cat.jpg
    "To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.
    For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
    For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
    For all of these things I am grateful and thankful. I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives.
    My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend. Today, I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging. We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are very rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.
    Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies,
    and you are loved and missed as surely as we are."

35. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Fred and I are so sorry. I am in tears for y'all. Fred's sister from another mother is running free in the gardens of catnip and pate. Say hello to my buddy, Shelby, Marshmellow. Prayers to y'all! cat_wings>o

Attached Files:

36. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

deepest condolences Steve and Janelle. Fly high and free from all your ails lovely Marshmellow. You were and will always be much beloved. Peace and healing to you Steve; be gentle with yourself, you were Marshy's greatest advocate and she knows it

37. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about Marshmellow. Prayers and Hugs to you and Janelle.

38. Marshmellow & Steve

Marshmellow & Steve Member

Janelle and I would like to thank everyone for the kind thoughts and wishes. It took me a little bit before I could read these comments, but I am thankful for them. You have all been so supportive and wonderful. I know in my heart I did all I could, but I still feel there was more I could have done, but this is true in all of our relationships. I am glad Marshmellow didn't suffer long. Though we aren't long time members, we will still visit. You have all touched a special place in our hearts, and you will never be forgotten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.