7/30 Maggie +10 259; AMPS 198; +3 124; +6 231; PMPS 184

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Maggie 7/29

Morning :coffee: it looks like Mags had a midnight snack but then came down to blue for the morning. I wanted to see if she was eating some of the RC and how much it spikes.
    No cliff dive today, but a nice flowing blue.
    So far we have "No Poo," a picky appy, a little vocal at the Bean's selection of breffifs. Yuck says Mags with the Evo and RC! I found a can of Purina ProPlan Chicken Entree, and that was semi okay. Looking on Dr. Lisa's list, however, it's a little too high in phosphorus. She's had her bf med treats already with Miralax and pepcid earlier. No problem with Gerber bf.

Thanks Carla, Linda and Mariko for visits last evening. Elsa, looking forward to today's brew.
    Sending vines for all the new Beans and kitties and healing vines to all kitties and Beans, too, needing them.

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/30 Maggie +10 259; AMPS 198; +3 124

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

That is indeed a nice blue cycle shaping up there for Maggie. I wonder if it will be a blue day for Maggie.

Bummer on the picky appy. That part always used to drive me crazy. One day they love it, the next it is the worst thing they have ever seen. I can still remember having all those cans lined up on the counter looking for the one that appealed for that feeding. I'm glad she still likes the BF. That was always my fallback food, when all else failed. It was such a good way too to get the meds in Mannie.

Sending poo vines!

Have a great day Ann. I hope the weather there will allow for an out and about. :D

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Interesting to see the difference between Maggie's +10 and her AMPS! She is looking very nice with that +3, too. Yep, it gets even more challenging when they become fussy eaters on top of the fact that our choices are so limited when juggling both FD and CKD. Sending tons of poo and "that food tastes yummy" vines your way. Have a great one, Ann!

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Look at that drop. Way to go Mags. Now surf it. I had to laugh at your commentary.

We need poo Maggie. Lots of poo vines coming your way. What is up with the picky appy silly girl? Mamabean is working overtime for you. Have a great day Ann!

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

+6

I don't think I'll post Maggie's +6, as just to get her to eat I had some ProPlan which must be very high in carbs. When I came home, it looks like Mags ate some Wellness Turkey.

Michelle, I dunno about the blue surf. She was 231 at +6 from the ProPlan Chicken. She just ate some of the chicken chunks. Yes, now I know what you went thru with Mannie with the buffet.

Amy, I think I may order some of the Paw Lickin even though she mostly eats the gravy. Wellness is still undecided.

Melissa, thanks for the poo vines. Her picky appy is just lately, the last several weeks, since the enema. I do have the Mirtz, but just noticed she made a dent in some food, so I'll hold off/

6. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann

Oy, reading this, I'm picturing all the open cans lining my fridge shelf. If only they would pick a food and stay liking it.

Guess little Miss, didn't want to go for a dip this morning. But at least she stayed nice blue for part of the day. :smile:
    I'm glad she eats while you're out Ann, my boy won't, and can't be trusted to stay safe, like Maggie can. :smile:

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

{{{Ann}}}}, we understand completely about iffy appy. We have paws crossed Mags gets back on her foods and poo production improves. It is quite the balancing act with FD and CKD.

Zener has had iffy appy lately too and we are giving him a touch of cypro now on a regular basis. Doing much with fuds is hard when you only have a few options of what they will eat. We find it more frustrating than high BG numbers.

Sending heaps of appy and poo vines to Ms Mags and hugs to you. :YMHUG:

ETA
    We are getting better LB use with the Cat Attract litter. We've gone from about 4-5 piddles pads a day to 1 or 2. :smile:

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

+6 184

This is a little better. She came down after eating some Wellness, a couple licks.

Hi Barb, that is one nice thing about Mags when her appy is okay, she will eat while I'm gone and if low, will eat, too.

Thanks Anne, for the appy and poo vines. I know you both go thru the appy thing quite often with Zener.
    That's great to hear about the Cat Attract and fewer piddle pads needed.
    I have an order made up in my head which includes the Cat Attract. I'm just trying to decide on which fuds to order. I may do paw Lickins vs. Wellness.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blue surf for Maggie today. I hope her appy gets better and she gives you some poo.

10. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,

Sending tons of poo vines and good appy vines for Mags.... I had to do the buffet thing with Zeus, and with Smokey too. I remember At one point, Zeus was on the bed and he had 6 different bowls of food kind of arched around him.

Give Maggie hugs and scritches from me. :smile: hope you have a good night, hugs for you too :smile:

Kathie

11. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Ann,
    Sending good appy and good poop vines to Maggie.
    I have trouble getting Lucy to eat Wellness Turkey too.
    She eats Turkey&Salmon, so that's what I've been giving since she completed refused Turkey in March, but T&S's phos is a little high, so I want to get her back on Turkey.
    So far no success....
    Since she likes Turkey&Salmon, I am thinking about adding Omega-3 fish oil to Wellness Turkey.
    It it works, I'll let you know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.