7/31 Kitty tested 73!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I hold my breath every test.

Next test... can I wait a whole month?? We'll see! :lol:

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

That is great! Can I ask which meter do you use?

3. Kathy and Kitty

We've always used the Accu-chek Aviva. Seems to be about 30 points below the veterinary meter, as best as I can tell.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nice check Kathy!!

I do the same, hold my breath and that's the end of that! :lol:

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Kathy; that is right with the human meters being approximately 20-30 points below the Veterinary meter. I use the Alpha Trak meter I bought from the Vet and thought about changing to a human meter, but right now I have so much data with the Alpha Trak. Have a nice Sunday.

6. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

I use One Touch Ultra Mini and compare it to my Alpha Trak (which I do not use any more due to difficulties in obtaining strips) often. The readings are near identical. Since the Alpha Trak is is said to be very close to vet's readings, I am VERY comfortable using the One Touch Mini and find it be very accurate.

Judy & Jake

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Judy for that info on the One Touch Ultra Mini, as I am in the market for a less expensive meter once I use up the Alpha Trak strips. It's nice to know that the readings are near identical. I wonder why some of the other human meters run so much lower. I have the Relion Micro as a back-up, and it can read as many as 30 bg readings lower than my Alpha Trak.

I have the same problem as you in getting strips from the Vet's office for the Alpha Trak. I've ordered from Amazon and gotten them much faster than from the Vet. It's a little more expensive thru Amazon.com, as they charge a small shipping fee. I know others have also had difficulties in getting them from the Vets, as they in turn have to order them. I thought my Vet would have kept some on hand for the pet owners. :shock:

8. Kathy and Kitty

Interesting conversation! I had no idea that ANY human meters were comparable to the veterinary numbers.

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Kathy,
    I nticed you have the instructions for changing the SS. I followed the steps 1), 2), 3) amd 4) - I did not find a URL there to copy.

I might add that I keep my SS at the bottom of my screen all day, so when I click on it and get it full screen, I'm already logged in; not sure what happened? I'm a little slow with computers...I might add! :!:

10. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Nice number Kitty! :mrgreen:

I also use the Aviva and our test comparison at the vet was much closer. Theirs was a 61 and mine was a 54.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.