7/31 - Shakespeare - Almost AMPS - 170

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by dmartini4, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Morning Folks
    Hope all is well out there!
    Forgot to post again yesterday morning, so I took his blood a little early so I could post!
    Talk about getting old!
    so recap of yesterday:
    AMPS - 398 -- shot 2.25
    PMPS - 145 - shot 2.0 units and free fed 6% carb
    +3 - 209
    +5 - 202
    AMPS - 170
    I am going to shoot 2 units but not sure % of carbs yet
    I am thinking a can of 9% this mornint then leavae the 3% all day
    any thoughts
    hope everyone has a great day with great numbers!

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

My first thought was it sounds like you're moving the dose around a lot, and then I peered at your ss.
    I would try to stick with the same dose, everyday, as that is how Levemir works best. I think you should have stayed with the F2.00 for a few days and seen how that worked out. If you are going to shoot 2.00, then stay with the 2.00 for at least 3 days, unless he earns a dosecrease. Sorry, if I just woke up, and am rather blunt this morning.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

4. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hi Denise, good to see your condo today!

I totally agree with Dyana. You *must* try to hold a dose for at least three days. The way you've been dose-hopping, Levemir can NOT do its best work for Shakespeare, alright? I don't have a problem with your wanting to go for a 2.0u dose. But then, keep it for three days at least, barring any incident out of the norm, alright?

Jane

5. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

:lol: about forgetting to post, it's probably not old age but rather the sleep deprivation that goes along with the direbeasties!

Consistency in dosing is very important with Lantus and Levemir because of the shed effect. What you shoot in one cycle doesn't just effect that cycle (it may not even effect that cycle much at all) it affects the cycles following as well so it's hard to find the right dose and get readable patterns if you're not consistent :smile:

Hope you're having a great day.

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. sounds like you got some good advice about holding doses .. just wanted to say it's a nice looking amps shakespeare gave this morning! have a great day guys!

7. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous of the blue preshots, I'm not talking to you!!! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

8. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the advice
    What happened was I was too afraid to shoot 2 units into a loww 100
    the other morning so I gave a BCS dose becaseu I was not going to be home all day
    then he was high so I went right back to 2.25 for 2 or 3 doses until he went too low
    and I reduced again
    that is the story brhind the last few days
    I do understand that it is important to hold a dose
    but I can not get home during the day to test, so if he has a very low number
    I will give a BCS dose
    Thanks for all the input

9. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Take heart, Denise! You're doing fine, and we all understand that you've got schedule constraints to contend with on top of everything!
    Hoping to see a Shakespeare condo again today :mrgreen:

Jane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.