GA 7/5 Toby has got his wings 2005-2016

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Peg and Toby, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Toby came in by the bed this morning wanting to get up. So I picked him up and he gave us some head butts. He didn't eat much yesterday and all he would eat today was ice cream. I gave him some ice cream and he had some too. He would eat his and then look at me and then down to his dish. I would give him some of mine and he would do it all over again. He did it three times. The bad part was that he vomited off and on today and had the diarrhea real bad. We took him down at 4 pm because they said it was after a holiday and they were to busy to come out. They said they would come out 3.30 pm tomorrow. I told them that he was suffering and had to cross today. I told Toby mama had to break her promise of not taking him back down there. An hr. before we went I took him out and sit under the tree again. He just laid there. As the day wore on you could see him getting weaker. DH drove the car and I held Toby on a blanket. He kept trying to crawl up and put his paws around my neck. So I lifted him up and he hugged me all the way down. When we got inside I laid him on the blanket with my arms around him. He laid his head on my arm and took his paw and touched me. He never moved after that . the vet. checked him over and could feel the lymph nodes had got much bigger. She said he was ready to go and he had an easy crossing. I know it was the right thing to do but it feels so bad. I told DH that I was sad he was gone but relieved that his suffering was over.

I want to Thank everyone that helped us along the way. Either with advice or to cheer us on. Some of you were there a lot of times to give comfort. I can't thank you all enough. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I have been thinking of you all day Peg..... sending tons of light to guide Toby as he gets his wings....my heart is breaking for you......:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and Toby in my heart. You're a wonderful bean, he knows that and may he rest peacefully. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  4. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Peg, you and your DH and Toby have been in my heart all day long! I am glad that it was peaceful for Toby. I hope that you will be able to remember all of the good times and smile again one day! Toby was so very very lucky that you were his bean mama. Hugs to you all!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Peg, I know it's so hard, but you gave him the greatest gift so he won't be suffering any more. Fly free Toby. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  6. Peg and Toby

I was out on the porch and look down and there was a piece of sodder in the shape of an angel.cat_wings>o I said that is from my boy. I told him to send me a sign that he made it to the bridge.

7. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

((PEG))) My heart goes out to you and DH.

You gave the hardest gift of love to your beloved Toby today. It was time for him to go and you allowed him the final release from pain and a fragile body. I truly believe Toby was saying his goodbyes and thanking you on the final trip to the vets. He was giving you all his love with those hugs and telling you that he will always be hugging you in your heart.

:bighug::bighug: :rb_icon: :bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending my deepest condolences to you and DH :bighug::bighug:

Toby was a lucky kitty to have you as his bean and is flying free to the Bridge to be welcomed by so many others tonight.

Land softly dear Toby and send your mama a sign that you've arrived and will be watching over her until it's time for her to come be with you again.
    you always said I was your angel...now it's time to get my wings.jpg

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Oh Peg))))) what a beautiful boy Toby was. He obviously loved you so much and you were a wonderful
    Mama to him.
    Fly free beautiful boy cat_wings>o

Peg and Toby likes this.
  10. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((Peg)))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear sweet Toby...I just lost it when I got to the part where Toby put his arms around your neck..........there is never enough time with our precious babies. My heart breaks for you and your DH.

Fly free Toby and land softly...you were so loved!
    heartcandle.jpg

Peg and Toby likes this.
  11. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

May those hugs stay with you forever and bring you peace when you need it most. Fly Free Toby, and thanks for sending your mama a sign so soon. You're clearly loved as much as your missed.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Oh Peg, I'm crying with you. I wish I had something profound to say but I don't. Toby will ways be with you in spirit. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

{{{{PEG}}}}} My heart aches for you for your loss of your sweet boy. He was so lucky to have had you as his momma. I know how much you will miss him and I will keep you in my prayers for comfort. Fly high, land softly sweet Toby. cat_wings>o

Peg and Toby likes this.
  14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Peg & DH))))

When it was Gabby's time, my heart was breaking despite knowing that she was suffering. We make promises to our kitties that we do our best to keep despite the pain it causes us. From the way you described the trip to the vet, Toby knew you would keep your promise and gave you his love and trust.

A day or two after Gabby crossed the Bridge, I found the quote I added to my signature. It helped to ease my grief a bit, I hope it offers you some comfort: "Cats never completely leave you. They side step time, shrug off death - come at the call of memory their beauty undiminished, their touch as gentle, their love perpetual."

Fly free Toby and land softly.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Peg and DH)))),
    Toby was such a fine kitty and we know that he will always be with you in that special place in your hearts that belongs just to him. How touching was his farewell to you as he hugged you, and how wonderful that he sent you a sign so quickly that he is safe at the Bridge. He'll be in "good paws" there with all the GAs until that glorious day when you meet again
    Fly free, beautiful boy. You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

Peg and Toby likes this.
  16. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

So, so sorry. Sending so many hugs and prayers and vines....

Peg and Toby likes this.
  17. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss Peg. Reading about those moments with him in the car and at the vet just broke my heart. Treasure those sweet memories always. Rest in peace sweet Toby and fly free :bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  18. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Toby.
    {{hugs}}

Peg and Toby likes this.
  19. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Toby:rb_icon:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Peg and DH))) I am so, so sorry it was time for Toby to cross. :bighug::bighug: I think when he put his paws around your neck, he was saying thank you for a wonderful life and pressing his little heart against your heart. Forever loved, forever together in each other's hearts.
    Fly free Toby, land softly.cat_wings>o Thank you for sending your momma the angel sign.

Peg and Toby and Vyktors Mum like this.
  21. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Peg, my heart breaks for you. But what a special guy. Those moments in the car and at the vet's office are magic. As was "our" Toby. Travel well little boy, find the sunshine, and look after your beans.

Tonight I'll find that new, extra bright star and whisper your name with love.

Light, Peg and DH for your broken hearts.

Marilyn and Polly

Peg and Toby likes this.
  22. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry it was time for Toby. His hugs were letting you know he was ready and he was saying his goodbyes. Be free sweet boy.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  23. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I've been thinking about you today too.....
    So hard to do .... and yet such Great Love....
    sounds like Toby was ready and gave you lots of love back........
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly Free our Wonderful Toby.....

Peg and Toby likes this.
  24. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

(((Dear Peg)))....sending the most gigantic, comforting hugs I can possibly offer to you and your husband....I know your pain all too well...
    Toby knows he had good life and will be forever loved :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Hugs and Tears,

Dawn

Peg and Toby likes this.
  25. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Oh Peg, I'm so sorry to hear that he had to go today. What a blessing that he hugged you all the way til he passed. He knew you were his bean and had been there for everything. This has been a hard road and you made it easier for him.

A million hugs your way. I know how hard it is. The bond you get caring for our diabetic cats is like none other.

Fly free little Toby. You are loved and missed.

[​IMG]

Peg and Toby likes this.
  26. Elle & Squeak (GA)

Elle & Squeak (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry that it was Toby's time to cross. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts. :bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  27. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

28. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

(((peg and DH)))
    My heart breaks for you, i am so sorry it was his time to cross.
    Fly free and land softly sweet Toby.:rb_icon:
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and DH at this difficult time.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  29. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Peg}}}

I've been avoiding reading your condo today because I just didn't think I could take the sadness I knew I would feel. It wasn't because I didn't care, but because I care too much. I feel your pain. Thank you for sharing Toby's last moments with us. It was as beautiful as it was heartwrenching. I hope you take comfort in knowing that he was ready to go. You did the most loving, generous thing for him today, and I know how hard it was for you.

I wish you and your DH peace and comfort in the knowledge that your beloved Toby is no longer suffering, and he is waiting for you at the Bridge, until the time when you can be together again. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Toby, and land softly.
    :rb_icon:

30. Tiina and Hugo

Tiina and Hugo Well-Known Member

It's so difficult to let them go, he will now be your guardian angel. cat_wings>oI'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. :bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  31. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Peg and DH))) I have been thinking about you all of yesterday, I am truly sorry it was time for Toby to pass, but you gave him the greatest gift of love by releasing him. My heart breaks for you both :bighug::bighug::bighug: Fly free sweet Toby and land softly, you will be greatly missed.

[​IMG]

Peg and Toby likes this.
  32. Peg and Toby

Thank-you all for your love and support at this most differcult time. We really appreciate it. I kept waking up thinking I had to check on Toby in the night only to remember he wasn't there. He didn't like the dark so I told him before he passed that I would leave his lamp on so he could find his way home.

33. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

Peg

I am so sorry for your loss.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  34. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

So very sorry Peg. Fly free sweet Toby and land softly. ((((PEG))))

Peg and Toby likes this.
  35. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Peg....our thoughts, prayers, and deepest sympathies are with you....

Peg and Toby likes this.
  36. Erica & Carter

Erica & Carter Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. :(

Peg and Toby likes this.
  37. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Such a beautiful end for a beautiful life. I'm glad he used the last of his time here to show you how much he loves you and how ready he was to fly free and it is wonderful that you have already received your sign but I am so very sorry it was his time to cross. I have a candle burning for him as I mourn with you.
    ((((Peg))))((((DH)))) Toby:rb_icon:

Vicki and Jerry and Peg and Toby like this.
  38. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Sending so much love your way:rb_icon::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  39. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  40. Doodles & Karen

Please remember you are always part of the L&LL family. We're still here...always :bighug::bighug:

41. Peg and Toby

The house seems so empty with out him. I keep thinking he's home waiting for us when we come in. It's so hard trying to pick up his things.

42. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Peg.....:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Do things as you feel like it Peg. No rush at all.

Peg and Toby and Doodles & Karen like this.
  43. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Then don't. Leave them there for now. You'll do it when you're ready. It took me over a month before I could bear to even open the basket where I kept Sasha's little outfits. They're packed now, but the box is still in my room - I just can't seem to take it to storage. Grief has no time table and no script. Just take it one day at a time and only do what feels right. We're all here for you. :bighug:

44. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. It's never long enough with our sweet babies.
    Liz

Peg and Toby likes this.
  45. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

no need to rush anything.... things are going to affect you for a long time....
    just the other day, i bent over and looked inside my smallest cat tower... as my furbaby used to hide there occasionally
    when she wanted to be alone....
    my heart wished so hard that i would see her there and of course the tears flowed heavily...... ( as if she's just been hiding from me as we approach that one year mark)

lots of hugs and prayers for your grieving hearts....

Peg and Toby likes this.
  46. Doodles & Karen

I agree with the others. At your pace, just one step at a time. My heart truly hurts for you Peg but Toby is resting peacefully...no more pokes, no more needles, no more vomits or upset tummy. He's with you...always will be :bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  47. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

48. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I found myself always looking at the clock - thinking "it's +3, I need to check punkin!" The routine is very strong and it's a weird emptiness in that as well. Time eases things.

Thinking of you today, too.:bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  49. Peg and Toby

Thank-you all for your kindness and support. It means a lot at this time.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  50. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Oh, Peg, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Toby. He sounds like a very special boy.

Lots of hugs, and vines , and light. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  51. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Peg, I am so sorry. I know in my heart that Toby thanks you for your decision. It is the kindest most loving thing we can do when they are ready. Peaceful journey Toby. Fly free, land softly at the Bridge. :rb_icon:

candlecat.jpg

Peg and Toby likes this.
  52. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your sweet Toby. Hold close and cherish those wonderful memories of the time you spent together, and he will live forever in your heart.

Fly free, beloved Toby cat_wings>o

Peg and Toby likes this.
  53. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Peg)))

Like Tricia, I just wasn't sure I was ready to read of your heartbreak. But I want to honor Toby and also you for all the love and care you gave him. I also think he put his laws around your neck to thank you and give you one more hug. There has been one thing that has given me comfort in Gracie's passing and that is that she no longer has to deal with FD or any infirmities. She is whole, she is free and her and Toby's world now is one of restored health and vigor. They know we will always and forever love them and they us.

I hope Toby comes to you in your dreams and let's you know all is well with him. I will hold you close in my heart and send you prayers for peace within knowing you give him your utmost love and care.

image.jpeg

54. Vicki and Jerry

Vicki and Jerry Member

My heart breaks for you Peg. So many wonderful heartfelt messages on this board being sent out to you. Beautiful words of comfort and hope from your LL family. Hugs and prayers are with you. cat_wings>o

Peg and Toby likes this.
  55. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

I'm so, so sorry Peg - (((hugs))) to you both.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  56. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I can feel your love and heartbreak in your words. Toby was a lucky kitty. I am so very sorry.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  57. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

Peg,

I'm so very sorry to read about your loss, as I try to write to you my eyes keep filling up with tears to the point I can not read the screen. I feel an overwhelming sadness for you and anyone who has lost a family member. We are no more then caretakers for our kitties. Toby was one of the lucky ones who was found by you and DH to be taking homes to be loved and cared for. Our kitties love us unconditionally as much as we love them back.
    Rest is peace Toby, you will be missed, never forgotten and always in our hart.

Peg and Toby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.