7/8Ravan/amps412/+5 232/+8 362/pmps320/+5 262/+9 580/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan ate at 5:30 am. Shot time he didn't want food, it's now 1 1/2 hrs later 11:00 am & he still won't eat,sleeping. Is this a problem since he had insulin & Hasn't eaten yet?

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Ravan it's been several days since we've seen blue or green! Just sayin'

Bellasmom and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

The insulin will have more of an effect if there is no food to counteract it.
    But it's been several hours since he ate; is he not feeling well?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer

Hello! Do you think Ravan is bouncing from Yellow? It's only been 2 days that I increased the dose. I need to be patient a few more . Right?

It's difficult to say how he's feeling. He sleeps most of the day,so do my other 2 cats.( They all turned 16 a few weeks ago) Ravan was eating & even playing in the evening so I think he feels OK. He did eat quite a bit at 5:30 am.

I don't know if you saw my post about Urinalysis. It was OK no UTI or infection. I am confused at his bg staying so high but last time he was on 1.25 he did a big drop at 2Weeks?

6. JoyBee&Ravan

I wonder if I had stayed with 1.25 when he dropped to 45 if it would have been better? I really was concerned about those Black #'s. They seemed to be getting more & more frequent!

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hoping Ravan slides on down today:bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Patience is something we all struggle with here! Yes it's only been 4 cycles on this dose so hard to tell what he's actually going to do on it.
    I don't think this is the first time that Ravan didn't want to eat at shot time. I'm not sure whether you have set times for him to eat but perhaps limit his food intake for a few hours prior to shot time as it really is safer for them to eat prior to the shot.

Bellasmom likes this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

"]limit his food intake for a few hours prior to shot time as it really is safer for them to eat prior to the shot.[/QUOTE]

That confused me? You said to limit his food & then said it's safer to eat prior to shot?o_O

Ravan eats pretty much whenever he asks for food. He's usually a good eater. At times since the Diabetes he has refused to eat. For the last few days he's been very picky if i don't put down Liver or Fish (which I limit) he walks away, like he did today.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Judy and Boomer likes this.
  10. Bellasmom

Bella gets shot at 5 so he gets nothing 2 hrs prior

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  11. Judy and Boomer

That confused me? You said to limit his food & then said it's safer to eat prior to shot?o_O

Ravan eats pretty much whenever he asks for food. He's usually a good eater. At times since the Diabetes he has refused to eat. For the last few days he's been very picky if i don't put down Liver or Fish (which I limit) he walks away, like he did today.[/QUOTE]
    Sorry....limit his food intake for a few hours because he should eat immediately before his shot.

Boomer gets a small snack at 5:00 then testing/feeding/shooting is at 8:00. That way I know the pre-shot number is not food influenced.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

It's 3PM Ravan still didn't want to eat anything i offered him. I know he likes Liver & I don't want to give him too much but I offered him a spoon full & he finally ate.
    My other 2 cats aren't eating either? They all ate fine at 5:30 this morning I wonder what could be wrong? None of them act nauseous

All 3 are on a Hunger strike!

13. Bellasmom

Mine get like that once in awhile, especially if it’s hot, even we don’t feel like eating if it’s hot, these crazy temperatures
    Hope they eat for u soon

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  14. JoyBee&Ravan

THANK YOU!

15. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    @Judy and Boomer

Ravan is not eating since this morning. Only a small bit of raw liver at 2 pm His bg has been high,so after waiting for an hour for help I decided to give his shot. Now I'm concerned . I tried syringe feeding at 8:30pm before his shot & he vomited. Ravan rarely ever vomits.

I don't know what to do? no food & vomiting & insulin . Will this turn into an emergency tonight?

I never use 911 but no one has responded for an hour!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  16. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Probably not.....he's pretty high and it's probably a good idea that you DID shoot

Just test occasionally and try to offer him some food.....if he isn't eating by morning, he should be seen.

Does he have any history of ketones? I'd try to get a ketone test in tonight to make sure he's not starting down that path

17. JoyBee&Ravan

@Chris & China
    I check for ketones & he's been negative. I had urinalysis done no uti or any infection (just a few days ago)
    My vet has been out of town I'll call first thing tomorrow. Should i try again to syringe feed?

18. Chris & China (GA)

You can give him a little but if he's just going to vomit it up again, it may be better to just let his tummy have a break.

As long as you can test a few times tonight, unless he starts to really drop, I wouldn't push it too much

19. JoyBee&Ravan

@Chris & China
    I never use 911 but after waiting for over an hour & I tagged several people i saw were online & no one responded I even used 911 & no one responded?
    Is it something I did wrong. I really try not to bother anyone unless I'm upset & really need advice. It's scary when you're sitting here waiting for 2 hours & no one answers!

I very much appreciate that you responded. Thank You

20. Chris & China (GA)

No, you didn't do anything wrong.....It really depends on who's online at the time to see the tags too

Do you know how to look to see who's currently showing as being online? (if they have their settings so that they show online when they are? You don't have to....you can have yourself show offline even when you're here).

You can also follow up with a PM to them as long as they come back to the thread to answer you so they're not giving advice "in private" which is against the rules of the message board

21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I wasn't online when you tagged me, was actually out of town today. Rather than tagging specific people who may not be on line, it is better to add the question mark prefix to your subject line, and some description of your question in the subject line text. When the question is answered, remove the ? prefix.

It can take up to five or six cycles for a cat to respond to a dose increase.

22. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    At 8pm I put a Question mark on my post.Over an hour no one responded. I put 911 & no one responded. Ravan's shot is at 9:15 pm he wasn't eating & vomited. I didn't know if I should give insulin.
    Because his BG was over 200 I gave the shot. I was still waiting for someone to answer.
    Chris & China responded at 11:30, 3 hrs after I first posted

23. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan normally eats at 2:30 am when I test his BG. He is still not wanting to eat. He only ate a spoon of raw liver. I will try to get to the Vet later this morning.The last time he ate normal was 5:30 am yesterday.Nearly 24 hrs now.
    I haven't seen him use the litter box. (I have 2 other cats)

Do I still give his shot at 9:15 this morning?

24. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

It depends on what his BG is at that time.
    I would try to get a ketone test in sometime between now and AMPS if possible.

25. Judy and Boomer

I wasn't online last night when you tagged me.
    I have to head out early this morning, right after Boomer's t/f/s. I'll stop by later.
    Try warming his food. Or perhaps offering some on a spoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.