? 8/15 Lilly, 144 PMPS (not sure if I should give shot)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by catman13, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catman13

catman13 Member

Lilly has been on 4u, I haven’t increased or decreased dosage because she’s been very up and down with BG, it seems that she’s getting used to the 4u.
    Today’s PMPS is 144. I’m too afraid to give the shot. Please advise

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Will you be home to test tonight? Do you have plenty of strips and some high carb food?

3. catman13

catman13 Member

Yes to all

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Well, I'll be honest with you. I find it rather hard to give dosing advise to someone else. :nailbiting: I know I've been told that you need to shoot low to stay low. At the end of the day, it's up to you. Since you will be home and able to test, it may be worth giving the dose to see how she does.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If it's been 1/2 hour since your last test, try retesting to see what her BG has done. Have you fed yet? If no, don't just yet.

6. catman13

catman13 Member

Ok I just tested again. 1h after the 144 results, she’s at 217 .. so I gave her the 4u. I’ll keep an eye.
    She did eat 45 mins ago.

7. Wendy&Neko

When you ares stalling, it's best to withhold food, so you have a number not influenced by food. She's high enough though, could be rising naturally now. Whenever you shoot your lowest yet to date, it's a good idea to get a +1 and a +2 to give you a heads up on how the cyclenwill go.

8. catman13

catman13 Member

Ok will do. That makes sense, I’m just worried bcz I won’t be home all day tomorrow (work obligations) and my girlfriend isn’t able to test but able to shoot.
    I will be able to test her at 6AM before I leave for work so I can have an idea and let my GF know what to do.
    Lilly usual shots are 8AM and 8PM

9. Wendy&Neko

If she is low when you test at +10, you can instruct GF to do a reduced dose if you are worried, or leave lots of extra food out. Or Lilly could bounce. :rolleyes:

10. catman13

catman13 Member

Thanks both for the advice! She’s at 276 @2+ seems like she’s still going up. Lantus usually kicks in around 3h after shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.