8/15 Nelli AMPS 330 4U +2 310 +6 194 PMPS 269 +1 272

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

8/14 did not shoot! I did take AMPS shot (missed shot which was suppose to be @ 6:15A EDT) AMPS 253, +3 307.
    Should I SHOOT NOW (11:49a) or SKIP?!
    Thanks.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I would skip because you are 5.5 hours late. It's easier to think of it as a furshot and do the next one on time.

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Many others have forgotten a shot for one reason or another - unless you want to adjust your schedule tonight, I'd just skip it.

It happens...don't beat yourself up.... Just go with your regular time tonight.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you shoot now the next dose would be 12 hours from now and throw off your schedule. You would only be able to make up 30 minutes each day until you get back on track? If you can’t do that I’d pretend it’s a fur shot. Then shoot at the regular time or perhaps earlier if you want to change shot times. Does this make sense? Don’t beat yourself up. It happens.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  5. Krystina & Nelli

Dang, thank so much Sue for responding!
    I have had a difficult time, truly burning candles at both ends, no support system EXCEPT FDMB which you have no idea how relieved and grateful I am. Nelli’s regulation and well-being is most of a priority and I’m not doing a very job lately on my part.
    I will skip AM shoot.
    Thanks again

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Krystina & Nelli

Yes it makes sense and as long as she will not regress because of this it actually is a blessing in disguise. I have been trying to get us back on schedule at 30 minute reduction time each day. Now we can go straight to where we need to be :)! Thanks for your words of wisdom. Yes make sense and is only tonight

7. Krystina & Nelli

Because of this miss... ideally, how many/how often should I test today? I have already done a AMPS (no shot!?!) then a +3 at 10A

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I just looked at your SS and the 2 numbers are in the PM cycle. Is that a mistake? Since the 2nd number higher, I think you can take a poke break until shot time.

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Test as you normally would........the numbers will be higher and there will be a bounce. Takes a few days of being "consistent" with your shot times to get back on schedule. Don't worry about the miss, just go back to normal - if there is such a thing! LOL

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks... Bounce? I will have to read up on, educate myself on this “phenomenon”, and will.
    So, erase where we had gone to (ready for next increase), go back as though we just did increase (last time)... Six more cycles on the 3.75?
    Am I being clear?

11. Sue and Luci

My vote would be to test about the same number of times you usually test - every 3-4 hours today...it'll help you get a better understanding as time goes on as to her pattern....you'll see her increase/decrease times...and a pattern will soon start to form... :)

Hang in there - you're doing great!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Krystina & Nelli

I believe they are correct now- there is a AMPS and a +3 so far for today. Can you see this?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Krystina & Nelli

14. Krystina & Nelli

Corrected. Thanks-

15. Mandy & Rex (GA)

One thing .. if you missed or skipped, put a NS so we don't ask you later if you did shoot or not.

You could get in a couple more tests during this cycle if you would like to see what happens when Nelli doesn't get insulin, your decision. I would go ahead and increase to 4u tonight or in the morning. The numbers are all still high.

16. Krystina & Nelli

Ok Mandy... thanks.
    -Put NS in AMPS

17. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

There won’t be a bounce. ;) Numbers will go higher because of a lack of insulin which is very different from a bounce :)

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about any more tests until a couple hours before you plan to shoot next for PMPS...save some strips and give her a break while you can. But don’t be shocked at the number. It’s going to rise but that’s ok. She will be fine.

Question.....the SS states last night’s shot was two hours late so you shot ar 8:15 p.m.? Just asking because that would have been important to know this morning. I still wouldn’t have suggested you shoot because anything past two hours late makes it really hard to catch up unless you are shooting an 18 hour schedule (I wouldn’t do that today).

To show you shot two hours late last night (and 8/9 or 8/10...I can’t figure out which PMPS was late based on your note in the +3 a.m. cell of 8/10) this is what you would put in the PMPS cell on the SS: 244 @ +14.

It’s very important that you show in the AMPS and PMPS column, in the manner above, whether you shoot late or early. That may influence our advice to you.

You might ask how do you know what to put there? We always count hours from the last shot so, let’s say you shot one hour early one night. In that case, in the PMPS column you would put her BG followed by “@ +11”. If you shoot one hour late, it would be her BG followed by “@ +13”.

For the subject line today (so others won’t think you still need help), you’ll want to put:
    8/14 Nelli AMBG 253 +17.5 307

And I would also suggest you increase to 4u tonight. Good luck with the new dose.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  18. Krystina & Nelli

Whew... GOT it!
    I will change last night (2 hour late) and correct the +3.
    I will shoot 4U tonight… how many readings should I conduct throughout the night because of all of this mess I've created?
    We will be on an exact 6a/6p schedule as of tonight.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  19. Krystina & Nelli

Marje, I am a bit confused as to how properly to record numbers of this morning. Would you plz look at what I’ve done- let me know if correct?
    K

20. Marje and Gracie

You can do it as you did....where the +14 is in with the units but, typically, we put it in with the actual PS number (so in with the 342). The reason is because we then know that you shot right after you got that specific number (342 is this case). We’ve had instances where a member will test at, for example, +11 and then decide the number is so high that they don’t want to test again before PMPS. This is not a good idea because I’ve seen numbers change in one hour...some times a lot. By putting it in with the PS, we know when your shot in relation to the test.

Makes sense? If not, I’ll blame it on not enough :coffee: on my end so I’m speaking gibberish.:p

21. Krystina & Nelli

I think I have properly corrected. +14 now shows in PSPS not the U column ;).
    BTW I haven’t had my :coffee: yet and it’s 1:46p EDT!?! need to s.t.o.p and do so, I think :blackeye:!

22. Marje and Gracie

That’s great that she stayed pretty flat today!!!! Good luck with the 4u dose.

23. Krystina & Nelli

How does the PMPS 292 “look” coming off of a NS this morning? After having NS this morning :nailbiting: will she go, will it be normal for her to spike into HiGh numbers (tonight and tomorrow)... from PM 4U shot
    Also, how many X’s should I PM cycle, shoot tonight?
    Thanks!

24. Krystina & Nelli

Really!? Pretty flat- good, somewhat unexpected?

25. Marje and Gracie

I think that looks pretty good and it’s possible a 3.75u depot helped her not skyrocket. I’ve seen cats really shoot up into the 400 and 500s after a skipped shot. So a 292 is great. Hard to say what she will do tonight. You might see higher numbers a cycle or two due to New Dose Wonkiness.

Sorry....no clue what your question is:p:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

26. Sue and Luci

Did you mean 'test'? Not 'shoot' more insulin, right????

27. Krystina & Nelli

How many times would you suggest I test during PM cycle tonight?
    I will get a before bedtime (+3)... thinking might test now at a+2?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  28. Krystina & Nelli

YES :), test NOT shoot :)!

29. Marje and Gracie

You could do either a +2 or +3. If you are trying to fill in pieces of the puzzle, a +2 is good. If she’s the same or lower a +2 than PMPS, you might want to grab another test a little later just to see if she is still headed down.

Sorry I didn’t understand :confused::confused: I’m glad @Sue and Luci did:joyful::joyful:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  30. Sue and Luci

We always try to get a +2 and a +4 on Luci - if she's going down fast - like she's prone to do sometimes - I'll set my alarm and get up at +6 and/or +8 (that's really hard right now as I'm dealing with my mom (88/dementia)...and things are just exhausting...so Luci gets HC food in her auto feeder if she's roaring down to the lagoon (the lower greens)...I sure don't want to have to deal with a sick Luci in the middle of the night - not with my hands full with mom issues...

Hopefully things will settle down soon with mom and we'll get back to focusing on Luci...

Try to test as frequently as you can. Look at other people's spreadsheets - obviously some of them are getting up hourly or every other hour to test all night and all day (admirable)...but it can be done - anything to keep your Nelli safe! :)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  31. Krystina & Nelli

o_O... thanks.
    Winding down now. Will test Nelli now and post in condo.
    Tough, worrisome... STRESS filled day.

32. Krystina & Nelli

? Not following you-

33. Krystina & Nelli

Ok thanks!
    I understand oh too well what you are potentially going through with your Mom. Not only the mental drain but the physical as well.
    My prayers are with you... and Luci :bighug:

34. Krystina & Nelli

She’s headin’ up... again :-|

35. Marje and Gracie

I’m not surprised a,thought with 20% variance on the meter, that’s still fairly flat. Looks like you both can get some sleep. She might edge down a little bit but she should be just fine.

You can put 342 (or is it 348?) @ +2.5 on her SS and call it a night.

36. Krystina & Nelli

37. Mandy & Rex (GA)

That's when I thought you normally shoot at 6 and it was 11:30 when you posted, asking if you should shoot or not.

38. Krystina & Nelli

39. Krystina & Nelli

I am very perplexed... confused at minimum!
    Nelli was a AMNS yesterday (my bad; missed), had increase last night .25- today she went from pink (AMPS), pink (+2) to a +6 blue today?
    Fell into a blue for first time since on insulin, beginning of June?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.