8/17 DAVIDSON PMPS 109, +2.5-75, +4-55, +5-55, +6-58 LEGS UPDATE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice amps!!!:D

4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice surfing Dude!!!!!!!

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Stay safe out there Davidson!!

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

:D with jealousy!

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

What a difference a CAT makes......Harley’s visit to the vet was a nightmare this morning, LOL. He hates going and from the time he’s in his carrier he growls. Did the 3 min. Drive to the vet and right in to get his geriatric blood work done, I could hear him growling and hissing while they tried to hold him. Didn’t help that their office cat George went into the room and he’s VERY protective of his space, primarily since both he and Davidson have never been around other animals. So that pissed him off even more. One of the techs couldn’t hold him still so they called me in....I was doing great, but the smell of the alcohol was so intense it got to my and I started to get really nauseous and came about 2 seconds to vomiting or passing out. LOL, now I know how Harley felt!! Done it before but this time the smell just got to me and they said I turned white like a ghost, was funny but not at the time. So out I went and sat down, dripping with sweat.....the Dr went in after a little wait and it all got done especially since Harley tired himaself out and was so exhausted from fighting.......went well and results are in tomorrow

Mr Davidson is in the VERY preliminarily stages of CKD and isn’t yet on the IRIS scale and the vet agrees giving him the supplements to increase potassium and decrease phosphorous. I’ve changed the food already and luckily Davidson loves it!! Now have to source it and buy cases of it and play the game of him and Harley switching and making sure it DOES NOT happen.

Davidson is doing well on the reduction and if his BG numbers are good and low today and into tomorrows amps, then he will get a skinny reducie tomorrow morning again.....his hips are much better today as the glucosamine supplement WORKS and it took one day to get the new jar so now its all fresh...reminder to self: don’t run out again. Haha

I’ll post Harley’s lab results tomorrow only if there are issues and to keep you abreast since he’s Davidson’s brother and in a tie for my # Guy.....with Davidson. LOL.

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Hmmm, Davidson is again not good with his legs tonight and I think he must slip when he jumps onto or off the desk when I'm not looking. He has a step but it's still a total of 3' up from the floor. My bed also has a set of stairs but my entire house is hardwood floors and slippery if you have discomfort in your legs or feet. He sits and sleeps on the rugs scattered around and I moved some around for him but he sleeps in his carrier cuz he doesn't feel good and must be in pain.

The vet wanted to give me pain meds but he didn't appear to be in pain prior to me taking him to the vet. Perhaps with the twisting and pulling he did on his rear legs it caused him to now be in pain? I'll go tomorrow and get some pain meds to help him.

He just pee'd a bit in his carrier bed, and I carried him to the LB and as he pee'd he sat in it so it's obvious he's in pain and his legs are very sore.

I don't think its the FD as his numbers are too low and can't be the CKD as he's not even in the danger zone and only very early, early stages..........

Any ideas of what could cause this? Could it be heart related?? I know the vet manipulated his legs a lot, which I watched and I know when my Dr does it to my wrecked knees they hurt for days after. Davidson is back on the arthritis supplement full dose and will take a few days to get back into his system full time.........hopefully that's it.

If anyone has opinions, them I'm all ears. I'll keep him on blankets for the night and make sure I pick him up all the time so he rests his legs, even when eating he's laying down but he doesn't cry when I lift him.............

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Reason for edit: added text
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

His potassium is low which is why I'm buying the supplement.........He's used his LB overnight so didn't peed his bed or on the floor (Phew) and when I wasn't looking jumped onto the desk for his usual 5:30 BG test (bad kittie) and when he walks I can see he's not comfortable and limping. I'll get tot he vet for pain meds as after reading everything last night it must be the joints being very sore from trying to diagnose it the initial visit to the vet. He doesn't listen and just jumped onto my desk as I sit here typing - so he is fully aware of his limits.........guess I have to stop typing and move him back to his bed where I'll start reading the papers. Thanks!

12. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

He could have pulled something and its simply a muscle or tissue injury. But speaking to the vet will help. Have tried recording his limp? I remember reading that before when you brought him in, his limp was suddenly better.

Gordy limps occassionally here. I have laminate floors and i think he lands wrong sometimes when he gets down from things. He usually better in 2 days, or better enough that the limp is gone. After his last limping episode, i started him on Cosequin. Its only been about 3 weeks, so I dont really know if its helping or not

13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Cass.....yes, he could have torn something or stretched a muscle. He’s moving a tad better today and I think some mild pain meds will do the trick. One would think if you were sore you wouldn’t jump but guess kitties don’t think that way. He’s eating and that’s a good sign. I will good consequin and ask the vet about it.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  14. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Today the Vet indicated Davidson has inflammation in both legs at all joints. The pain will subside and he gave me 4 days worth of Onsiar (robenacoxib) 6mg taken once per day. He thought 2-3 will do him and the discomfort and pain is expected when disrupting the normal movement.

Thanks for all your concerns and suggestions!!

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  15. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

When Amethyst badly sprained her leg in January she kept jumping on the toilet chasing her tail!!:rolleyes: It took forever and Gabapentin to heal her:)

16. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

17. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Just saw this Shawna I hope he's doing much better now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.