? 8/17 Luci AMPS 234, 2+147,3+63,4+47,4.5+51,5+55,6+50,7+73,8+74,9+77,10+83,1+158,3+122,5+167,7+227

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

*****Luci is making me nervous - way past her normal nadir and she's only at 77.
    Should I feed her HC or MC??? 2 hours and 15 minutes until her shot (1.25 tonight)...but this is nerve wracking! Advice???

Wanted to add DH had dental surgery today - so he's out of it...not going to be able to help me with Luci on the night shift.

Yesterday - Surfing the lagoon!

Hoping Luci will visit the lagoon again today - her numbers continue to improve - mama is happy with her progress!:D

Things are settling down with mom - I was over there twice yesterday - she's getting more organized but having a hard time getting used to the new place (mentally). This place is so much nicer than the last - I never thought she'd have such a hard time adjusting. One would think she'd be thrilled but she complains about the old place constantly. It's exhausting. :arghh: I do whatever I can to help her put that behind her and explain why things are different (better!)...

Happy Friday everyone in L&L land - sending healing vines to those in needs and a warm hug to all! Let's surf kittiehs!!:cool:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing yesterday. I hope she heads back down today. I hope your mom settles into the new place soon. Sending prayers.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

She will settle in. Older people do not like change. Most become confused with the slightest of changes. My dad still complains after a year of being in his place.

Amanda & Shmee and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Alright Luci, it's time to bring it on down, but you stay in the lagoon or on the beach. No playing with sharks! Sending hugs for you and your mom. I hope things continue to improve. :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yes, I would reduce. I know it’s tempting when she’s looking fairly good at this dose but if you don’t reduce the dose after three drops between 40-50, you risk getting the depot too full and fighting to keep her up.

I had that happen once and it was the only time I thought I might have to take Gracie to the ER for dextrose. An overfull depot can have you fighting low numbers for a couple of cycles. If you take her down and she fails the reduction, you can just fatten the dose.

I’m sorry to hear about your mom focusing on the old place. I moved my mom three times and I understand. Changes are so hard for them as they get older. Your mom is very lucky to have you caring for her. :bighug::bighug:

Ok Miss Luci...time to like less juice!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Yep, time to reduce. It took Luci only 2 weeks to go 3x under 50. Not shabby! :D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie!

I hope your mom acclimates soon. It's hard on the elderly with change. Heck, it's hard for me! Your mom is lucky to have you in her court!

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the reducie! Lucky you have your mom to look after, I wish I had mine.............she'll adjust in time.

9. Sue and Luci

Do you think I should feed her HC/MC at PMPS? She's lower than I've ever shot a PM...hasn't been out of the greens all afternoon...

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Hold on, I'm looking at her SS.

11. Bobbie And Bubba

When is shot time? She is coming up, and you are reducing, right? I would shoot her the reduced dose as long as she is still on the rise, but the depot could still be at play. Get a +1 and if it's lower than pre shot give her a tsp of LC and check again at +2 and if lower yet, a bit of MC otherwise let's see if she will surf.

You know how to steer. You've got this. If you need help, yell. I will check in on you tonight.

I am assuming you can monitor her tonight and have plenty of supplies and higher carb food.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Sue, if it makes you more comfortable to give a little MC with shot time if she hasn't come up a lot from the +10, go for it. After all, Luci likes to do the swan dive. Keep good notes to see how she responds to what you do.

13. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Surf safely tonight miss Luci!! :smuggrin::D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Sue and Luci

Yes, we have plenty of HC foods, treats, syrups on hand. We're prepared for that...

I just hate to ask DH to stay up late with her since he had that oral surgery today - he's not feeling that great - but he did sleep most of the afternoon! So now he says he'll probably not be able to sleep...I've had another frantic day - between work and mom - I'm about to spin out...don't think I'll be up all night to watch Luci...that's why I'm worried...

We always write down what food she gets at shot/test time (on our book, not necessarily the SS unless it's significant)...but might have to tonight...I'll be up for the 1+, 2+..... we'll see if she keeps surfing...maybe if I get a few hours of sleep I can do the PJ party in the wee hours...

15. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

PS - sorry about your mom, I know how that feels. You are just trying to do the best thing for her. If she doesn't realize it now she will in time. Good luck!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  16. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

If you don't have MC, you can mix LC and HC to get MC. Good luck tonight! :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  17. Bobbie And Bubba

She's come up and I hope you won't have a late night. This is the longest she's been in greens so she is likely to bounce up. Bounces do have their merit at night time when you need to get some much needed sleep.

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Just saw the +1 =158 . Was that with MC food or a natural rise? Just curious.

19. Sue and Luci

Not sure.. I fed 1tsp MC+ 1tsp LC + 1tsp some kind of gravy in a pouch.. wanted her to have a full stomach for the shot... she ate it all..

Well have to see how she looks at 2+ and beyond..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.