8/17 punkin amps 389 +6.5/238 pmps 367

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by julie & punkin (ga), Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

yesterday

oh look, it's the crappy post-low numbers + bounce + now not enough insulin BGs! ohmygod_smile :lol:

we reduced his dose last night from 9u to 3u to let the shed drain and prevent another round of poke-carb dance last night. yesterday he spent 5 hrs dropping below 50 with every other test despite plenty of carbs. but he bounced from the low numbers anyway. this morning i rechecked his ss and saw that before he had the dental that started this fiasco he was at 6.5u, so we returned to 6units this morning and will hold that til it settles.

that ought to be a low enough dose to prevent yesterday's low numbers and be high enough to let us give him his fluids today.

Lu, thanks for the tip on not giving the fluids within 2 hours of his shot. i want DH to be here to do it and he doesn't get home til 1.5 hrs before the pm shot, so i'm going to have to think how i'm going to do this today. *puts on thinking cap*

good news, however - mr punkin made it into the CPC this morning - and he got anya there too! he's definitely feeling better. and at the moment he's hanging out upstairs instead of in the basement, which also says he feels better. last week he was hiding downstairs and got to the point of barely lifting his head when i was going for him. sometimes when he heard me coming down the stairs he dove under my desk to hide. :sad:

i'm doing the happy dance for mr punkin feeling better! :D

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Re: 8/17 punkin amps 389

I've missed your condo the last few days and am just now catching up. So sorry Punkin hasn't been feeling well. Healing vines for the big guy!! What a day yesterday for all of you. I don't blame you on cutting the dose way back. Thinking of you and hope Punkin gets better and better! :YMHUG:

3. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Punkin!!! Glad to hear you're feeling better than last week. But now...can we talk about the 5 hours of below 50?!?!?! :eek: :shock: Please be good to your momma bean and surf in some normal numbers today and tonight!

Hope your Friday sees some easy yellows, blues and/or HIGH greens!!!!

~ Deborah

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Sending tons of healing vines for Punkin! Good luck with the dose, and I hope that he starts showing you some lower #s for you both very soon. Hang in there! :YMHUG:

5. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Glad that Punkin is doing better. 5 hrs below 50? Awww... Mr Punkin, you can surf on higher green numbers!

6. Julie & Orange

Julie & Orange Member

I am so happy to hear that Punkin is starting to feel better. Poor guy! Sending lots of love over for him!

7. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

Glad Punkin is starting to feel better! Punkin, 5 hours digging holes to the low greens?! Not cool! Please ease out of the pink too, give Julie a break !

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Julie, so glad to read your condo and see that punkin is feeling better. He sure has been thru a lot lately. Give him lots of scritches from us.

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yay for CPC! That is definitely a good sign for mr. punkin. :D :D Could DH come home at lunch to help with the squids?
    Liz

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

At least you didn't do a fur shot last night. :lol: I did one of those one of the mornings at CSU when it was supposed to be a half shot, when she was starting a bounce. Oh well, they all recover from it, and you got to get some sleep last night. The post dental dose seems like a good idea, he did seem like he was doing rather well at that time.

Yeah for appy! Good luck on the squids.

11. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Re: 8/17 punkin amps 389 +6.5/238

Wow Julie, you guys really had a rough day yesterday! I'm so glad Punkin is feeling better today! I know what that's like with the 5 hours of poke & carb when you're exhausted! And to have everything else going on on top of it, ugh! I hope your vet gave you an apology.

Poor little Punkin! His +6 is decent though and looks like he might be coming out of the bounce. I hope he keeps eating and rests and you both feel better tomorrow.

Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/17 punkin amps 389 +6.5/238

It's good to hear that Punkin is feeling better. Hope he keeps getting better and you can get some sleep tonight.

13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i'm not too worried about a PJ party tonight, that's for sure!

DH came home early for work and we gave the fluids at +10. it went pretty fast and punkin was definitely not the calm kitty that he was for the vet, but he did ok as long as we gave him a steady stream of chicken bits.

not seeing any evidence of the fluids causing a drop this afternoon. He was 281 at +10 when he got the fluids and pmps was 367. doesn't look like a drop to my eyes. so perhaps tuesday was a coincidence.

14. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

No drop is good. That makes life less complicated for you.

Good night!
    Melanie & Racci

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi julie - It is great to read that Punkin is feeling better. What great news. and back to the CPC: Mannie would be so proud! :D Good luck too with the fluids - I am sure that soon you'll be master at it, and that Punkin won't mind so much. Funny how they are so cooperative at the vet, and the minute you get them home.... :shock:

I hope you had a great day today!

16. koala kim

koala kim Member

Glad Punkin is doing better. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.