8/17 Tomcat PMPS 89, +1.5=80, +3=48, +4=66, +7=67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=102158

Evening all

Well...I think it is time for a reduction......it is cycle 12. I had to delay (I know..i know.. ;-) .) his PM shot by 1/2 hour as his plus 12 was only 66.....which is still too low for me. But I am getting better.....

Even though he hasn't really ate a lot in the morning/afternoon....he has eaten MORE THAN his share tonight...so I am not going to blame the 48 on a poor appetite.

I could blame it on the non-air bubble Terumo syringe...both AM and PM cycle. thanks to Tigger for that informative posting yesterday......

Do you think that tiny additional insulin from the lack of an air bubble would cause his low number...thus his reduction?

or should I stop second guessing it and give it to the old fellow?

I hope all is good tonight for all

~kelly

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Re: 8/17 Tomcat PMPS 89, +1.5=80, +3=48

I'd stop second guessing yourself and give the reduction. You probably usually have a bubble about the same size in most doses you give. So the bubble effect is still saying to decrease the dose, and get the bubbles out the best you can. Any remaining bubble, is like skinnying the dose.

3. Re: 8/17 Tomcat PMPS 89, +1.5=80, +3=48

I don't think you can blame the 48 on a bubble's worth of insulin. ;-)
    From 89 to 48 is not a huge drop, but at the same time, you're dealing with smaller numbers. That's a 50% drop in 3 hours. I think he's trying to let you know that a little less would be just fine with him. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.