8/17Ravan/+8 438/pmps HI/+4 288/+6 249/+8 157/+10 224/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Personally, I would wait to see what he does today.....his PMPS was very high but he came down almost 200 points and surfed last night.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Raven whats you got to show us?????

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

He's been on .5 for 5 cycles & only had one high green. I'm very concerned with the high bg affecting his kidneys.
    I decided to increase to .75.

5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Olive & Paula
    I'd appreciate if you looked at ravan's SS. I just increased his dose & am having second thoughts on it. Your opinion would be appreciated. The more people that help the more confident i feel.

( I'm curious if you still have Smokey?)

6. Olive & Paula

I will look give me a few minutes. In the middle of pickling now.

Smokey crossed October 2016 from thrombosis. He was 18 1/2 yrs.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

He’s actually been on 0.5u for nine cycles. You might have jumped the gun a bit as he hadn’t cleared the bounce :)

However, I’ve done that myself and you didn’t increase as he was clearing so that’s good! You test enough to catch him if he comes down lower. I wouldn’t worry about it....I’d leave him at 0.75u and see how he does. It might be the kick in the pants he needed to see more :D:D:D:D

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

It looks like Raven is bouncing from that 94. Normally you would start the 6 cycle count of holding the dose. It's okay I've raised early numerous times.

You want to hold the .75 for 6 cycles. If Raven goes below 50 than its an automatic reduction since he is fairly new dx. If another green pops you continue to hold and wait another 6 cycles from the green. Raven is having more yellows. As far as straining the kidneys, it is a concern but you are treating him now and that makes all the difference. If you raise dose to fast, it could cause more problems and strain the kidneys as well as other systems.

Olive was on warp speed dosing for quite some time but her issues are definitely different from Ravens and he doesn't warrant changing what you are doing now. Stay the course, follow the protocol. I do see progress.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

Jill & Jade likes this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

You're doing fine! It's a lot of info to learn and cats don't always follow the rule book (not to mention Boomer's name lol).

11. JoyBee&Ravan

12. Olive & Paula

Hold the course. It doesn't always happen that way. It could just be a late food spike. Olive did that today at +4. If your to anxious over it test in 2 hrs from that and see if it changes. Any possibility though I doubt it, was it a fur shot or contraband ? Have to ask.

13. Olive & Paula

I still don't get the hang of all of it. Just when I think I have a handle on it, Olive changes things up. When Raven is running high and or bouncing, is when to sleep. For now you and Raven can have much needed breaks. There will be time guaranteed when you will have true sleepless nights.

14. JoyBee&Ravan

@Olive & Paula
    No contraband Unless he ate some veggies. (i'm vegetarian) I don't eat snack food either! Definitely not a Fur shot. I shoot in his side. I spread the fur so I see his skin & hold the syringe a few seconds before i remove it
    to make sure. I did a fur shot once in the beginning when I tried the scruff. Never again!
    He ate at 10 am & has been sleeping all day i tested him before he ate at 2:30 4 1/2 hrs without any food.
    That's why I was so surprised to see that High BG!

I always have trouble sleeping I have sleep apnea & cannot wear the C-pap machine. I also hear every little sound & jump up to check.(I live alone) My son used to work in a sleep study lab. He was over one night & told me I stop breathing for several several seconds & then gasp for air, all night long.

Once I wake up it takes me nearly Half hour to fall back asleep. Since Ravan got diabetes I feel like a ZOMBIE!! :eek::eek::eek:

15. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

This isn't right! His bg went even higher +8 438. It doesn't look like a bounce to me. He's barely eating so It's not from carbs. Why is it going higher with an increase?

+8 he's Always lower.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  16. Olive & Paula

Just a guess here. The .5 is still active. The depot has not adjusted to the increase yet.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  17. JoyBee&Ravan

@Olive & Paula
    I still don't get why he'd be Higher than ever? Like I said he always goes lower at +8?

18. Judy and Boomer

My guess is it's NDW (new dose wonkiness). Since you increased to .75 this morning, the depot has to fill which means less insulin for his body to use to bring down the BG.
    And, who knows, he could be having a bit of a bounce from the yellow surf last night.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, classic new dose Wonkiness after an increase.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  20. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It’s possible it’s just New Dose Wonkiness and/or a bounce. I wouldn’t say it’s from a 0.5u depot that hasn’t filled to 0.75u yet.

Deep breath. 409 and 438 are the same number. He’s just flat.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  21. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Come on Raven, work the new dose!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.