GA 8/18 Elsa: The Bridge Has a New Angel

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

IMG_5894.JPG

"To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.
    For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
    For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
    For all of these things I am grateful and thankful. I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives.
    My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend. Today, I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging. We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are very rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.
    Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies,
    and you are loved and missed as surely as we are."

Fly free my little girl, Lil Squeaker, as my DD called her. She never did learn how to meow...

IMG_5890.JPG

Elsa earned her wings at 4PM today. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye, even though I knew this day was coming. The past three days have been hard for her, and I just could not have her suffer anymore. With her loss of sight on Saturday, BUN @ 155, creatnine @ 8.9, and other things out of range, it was the right decision to let her be a peace, and free of pain, confusion, and a failing body. Her crossing was peaceful. I held her when she crossed.

We gave her a day outside today, in her yard, amongst the grass and the plants, and flowing water from a pond. She was happy for her last day with us. We laid her to rest under the azaleas, a spot she loved. I know she will be at peace there.

Elsa you will always be forever in my heart. Thank you for 19 wonderful years. It is now time for you to go on the next leg of your journey. Mannie and BJ, Melissa and Chattie are there waiting for you. They will help you get settled. You can eat the grass there too, it won't make you sick anymore. Darn cool, huh! You be at peace little one. Know all of us here on Earth miss you already, we will never ever forget you.

IMG_5899.JPG
    Images taken today, in her yard.

"As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.
    I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful--lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.
    I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.
    For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart."

phpPfAouMAM.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Elsa is such a beautiful kitty. I'm glad you had a happy last day with her. It's never easy to let one of our furbabies go. Sending prayers and hugs to you. Fly free sweet Elsa.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Such beautiful pictures of your beautiful girl basking in the sun. No matter how long we have them, it is never long enough. Elsa touched so many here in L&LL...such an incredible kitteh barista!! I am sure she will send you a sign very soon, and she will always be a part of who you are. Our thoughts, prayers, and deepest sympathies are with you...

4. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

Prayers and warm hugs are going out to you.

5. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Michelle what a beautiful tribute.:bighug::bighug: I'm crying as I type this. Fly free little little one. cat_wings>oYou are so loved and will be missed. Send your Momma a sign from the bridge. R.I.P. precious one.

6. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free little one.

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Oh no..... I knew this day was coming and I am so very sorry, very sorry for your loss. It seems like we just said goodbye to Mannie, then Zener, and now so many others. Elsa had a wonderful last day in this world and was with the one she loved best as her spirit soared to the next one. I know Mannie and Zener will be so glad to see Elsa, finally, some decent kitty coffee and pizza at the rainbow bridge.

rainbow bridge meeting.jpg
    Until we all meet again at the bridge.

Liz is at Best Friends in Kanab right now and is having dinner with Marilyn and meeting Polly and her crew. I know her heart will break too when she sees Elsa has crossed.
    Hugs and love,
    Anne

8. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that the time has come for your beautiful kitty Elsa. She lived a long life. A beautiful tribute. Sending hugs and prayers for peace.

9. Chloe'sMom (GA)

Chloe'sMom (GA) Member

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! She's so pretty and just looks so happy outside there. Just reading this has me in immense amounts of tears and I cannot imagine what you are going through. I pray that you will have peace and that she will send you signs of her happiness as she gets settled. I know we have never personally chatted, but I will keep you and your family in my prayers! Many blessings and happy thoughts of your little angel. cat_wings>o

RIP sweet Elsa. :rb_icon:

10. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you Michelle on the loss of your beloved Elsa. The photos are beautiful and you will always treasure them as well as your memories and the love you will always share. May precious memories sustain you at this most difficult time.

11. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sure she had a wonderful last day.

Sending comfort to you,

Anne & Hyde

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Michelle)))) Neko wanted me to go outside with her to the yard today, for the first time in ages. We just sat outside and enjoyed the yard. I think she was saying her goodbyes to Elsa. I know I was thinking of her too. :bighug::bighug: Elsa had a lovely last day and you have some great memories and pictures of your brave girl.
    It will be a great night for star gazing - I will look for that new bright light above us.cat_wings>o

13. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((Michelle))))))))))))))) Sure we knew this was coming, but it's still so hard. They give us all of their love - for their entire life, 19 years is long, but it is never long enough.... :(...After all the unequivocal love they give us, it is only fair that we give them that final gift- to release them from their pain and suffering....You are my hero Michelle; somehow you remain positive, when I'm sitting here crying so hard I can't see to type anymore. Fly free sweet Elsa, and land softly- you were so loved! And please, could you find it in your heart to let my little Tiger hang out with you, Mannie and the others? I think she's a little lonely up at the bridge. You will be in my heart and prayers.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    heartcandle.jpg

14. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

More hugs your way. Elsa was so loved and now is at peace b:bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Soar high on your beautiful new Angel wings sweet girl.

Michelle - BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG HUG. I don't even have to tell you to remember - she's not gone, you just have to hug her differently - you already know that.

More HUGS,

16. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Elsa, (((Michelle))). Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm glad you could spend the day saying goodbye:bighug::bighug:. Fly free, sweet Elsacat_wings>o

17. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Auntie Michelle, we will sing with the Celestial Choir to guide Elsa's steps to the Bridge. She will not be alone or scared one step of the way! -- Tess, a sad little kitteh
    p.s. We will come back to clean up the treehouse, Lola, Bug and Vanessa need to be with you!

Fly Free, dear Elsa.
    You were brave to the last and so was your mamabean, she is crying now though. Send her a sign that you are safe with Mannie, BJ and the others.
    L/L Land will always remember it's favorite barista! [​IMG]

18. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Elsa. I know she is being welcomed tonight by so many kitties at the Bridge. She is another one of our precious LL legends - sadly missed and never forgotten.

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You, your family (with 2 and 4 legs) and Elsa were lucky to have had each other She so clearly was loved beyond words. Thank you for sharing her and your other family with us all.

Fly free Elsa and land softly. Say fond words to Mannie. You are missed and will be reunited with the ones you love best.

20. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

reminds me of Butthead's final day lying in the grass, enjoying the sunny breezes...

[​IMG]
    Donny and Butthead will be with Mannie & company to greet Miss Elsa at The Bridge.

MJ

21. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Of Course, the tears are flowing.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    ........dear Sweet Elsa......

Fly Free.... You've earned your wings.
    [​IMG]

22. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

What a beautiful angel ! I'm so sorry!

23. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))), sending your heart love and light. So many kitties are welcoming Beautiful Elsa at the bridge -- and first in line will be Mannie. Your tribute has moved me to tears. What an amazing life you provided for your sweet, wise girl.

Fly free, Elsa, and land softly.
    :rb_icon:

24. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Michelle)))), The pictures of Elsa are so beautiful, and her last day in this world was what each of us would want for our last day: surrounded by friends celebrating a life well lived; spending wonderful hours in a favorite garden with a beloved; being laid gently to rest, held by loving arms.
    Farewell, dear Elsa, Kitteh Barista extraordinaire. We will never forget you! Mannie, BJ, Stu, and all of our GAs are gathered to welcome you. Send your mamabean a sign that you are safe and well at the Bridge. :rb_icon:

In loving remembrance,

Ella & Edward and Rusty

25. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss (((hugs)))

Fly Free sweet Elsa:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

26. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Travel well sweet Elsa, you will have many to welcome you at the bridge. So very sorry Melissa, at the crossing of your beautiful girl. How wonderful to share a sunny day in the garden before her journey. Hugs and comfort to you :bighug:cat_wings>o

27. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Michelle. I feel like I've known Elsa forever....sending a heartfelt hug your way. I'm so glad she had a sunny day outside today.

Fly free little one, and land softly.

28. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So very sad to read this (((Michelle))), sending deepest sympathy on the loss of your sweet Elsa. What a beautiful tribute to her memory cat_wings>o

29. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Michelle}}}

I have been out of touch the past several days and am just now learning that Elsa has earned her wings. I am so very sorry for you loss. What a special, beautiful kitty she was, and how she will liven up the crowd at the Bridge. Sending many hugs and much sympathy to you and your whole family, two legged and four. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, dear Elsa, and land softly. :rb_icon:

30. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So Sorry for your the loss of your sweet girl. R.I.P. Sweet Elsacat_wings>o

31. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) What a beautiful Tribute to your sweet Elsa. I love the photos of Elsa, capturing her beauty and sweet soul. I loved hearing about her Tortitude. So very sorry for your loss as I and so many others here know that loss and feeling the hole in our hearts when they leave. My heart and prayers go out to you and family. Fly free sweet Elsa and send your Mama and siblings some signs you are okay. Lots of hugs and love from Katie and me.

32. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Good Morning everyone!

I promised myself I wouldn't cry this morning, but here I am doing that anyways, after reading everyone's posts. I cannot thank you all enough. I went outside early this morning to pay her resting place a visit. The skies were clear in all that dark, and was taken back by how bright the starts were. It must be all our GA's letting me know she made it. I will take comfort in knowing that. Amazing how empty the house seems this morning.

Bug, Lola and Vanessa seem to be doing OK, but I know they know she is gone. When I brought her home yesterday to lay her to rest, all three of them met me at the door. They have never done that before, even when I was late getting home, and dinner was delayed. Their way of saying farewell. I suspect Bug will miss her the most, as he was the one to watch over her when she was sick. He never missed a pill session, went to her room to check on her, tried to comfort her when she cried. Don't worry Bug, I know she will let you know she is OK now. She will be there for you.

Take care everyone. Hugs your furkids for me, and Elsa. Fly free my sweet girl, and enjoy the new phase of your journey. You certainly deserve all that the Bridge has to offer. LUVS YA!

33. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Elsa was a beautiful kitty and had a wonderful 19 years under your care and love. :bighug::bighug:

34. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

I saw a rainbow last night as we were on our way to pick up/transport a kennel for our local humane society. She has arrived safely.

Wishing you peace and warm memories to fill the void left in your heart. Fly free little one. <3

35. pevsfreedom

pevsfreedom Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of sawdust floating around the air and into my eyes after reading this.

Very sorry to hear about your beautiful Elsa.

36. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Clear skies, bright stars, and an excellent Milky Way over the desert here last night. A warm welcome for your special girl.

Light for Elsa's passage, hope for your healing, and the peace that comes from knowing what an exceptional time she had here with you...

Marilyn

37. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Michelle. The pics of Elsa, such a pretty girl, and so obviously loved by her family. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Kathie

38. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for your loss of dear Elsa. What a blessing you had her ,and she you, for 19 years. So sad that Bug and the other kitties know she is gone, and Im sure they are grieving as well. May your heart be healed with the wonderful memories of her time with your family.cat_wings>o

39. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@missMeows , @Grayson & Lu , @pevsfreedom , @pollydoodle , @knolet , @Laura&Chichi Thank you all! I am so taken back by the number of people that have come to remember Elsa. Thank from The bottom of my heart. A rainbow! Tonight I found two of the feathers that Nicholas and William had found sitting side by side on a table. I know that they were placed there by Elsa, and Mannie. Their way of saying to me that Elsa made it. Along with that rainbow, a for sure. I cans ee Marilyn's clear skies, bright stars and that Milky Way too. I saw two very right stars in the sky this morning. I would like to think one was my girl, and her best bud Mannie. Take care guys, hugs to you,and your brothers and sisters, all the GA's. Say HI to BJ, and Chattie, and Melissa. I miss them as much as you. I shall miss that furry lump that stole my pillow every night. Elsa, sleep time isn't the same without you being there. I hope you have found an equally good pillow at the bridge . Somehow I know you have.

It has been a day here. Slowly we heal, slowly we feel better. I was in a quandary today as to what to say to Nicholas and William. it's hard when they are only 4, and 2. what do you say. Everyday they would ask how Elsa was, as they both knew she was sick. I need not have worried. Nicholas met me this morning, gave me a hug, and a small flower he had picked and said "Grammie I am sorry Elsa died. She was special. I miss her". Yes little man, she was. Amazing how powerful the words of children can be. So simple, so honest, so perfect. Thank you Nicholas for being who you are.

Sleep well tonight L&LL. I will dream of furkids, present and long gone. And be content.

40. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

The love of the children, and their interaction with your special babies, will forever influence their lives. How lovely that they felt so much from Elsa and her siblings. That's loving, caring adults in the making.

When I got Grayson's last dx, I grieved him while he was still with me, as well as after we said good-bye. My comfort, throughout the grieving process, was sorting through the many photographs I have of him. As Sheila had done some time back, I made a Shutterfly book of Grayson's life. From kittenhood, to playful teen with all his siblings, to FD dx, to Acro dx, SRT, blessings of the animals, our travels together, and my very favorite pictures. It is something I'm so glad I did, and it is such a beautiful tribute to the boy that captured my heart. Perhaps when your loss is less fresh, you will find comfort in doing something similar.

I remember people here telling me how close of a bond you would develop with your kitties. Nothing was more true... and the more we went through together, the deeper it became. But the memories have expanded into the void, and every day I'm surrounded by pictures of my special boy.

Peace.

41. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Michelle)))......I just saw this.
    I'm so so very sorry that your sweet Elsa has gone to join her siblings and pals at the Bridge.
    That is a beautiful tribute you wrote, and the photos are just gorgeous.
    I'm wishing for you, peace of mind, as you remember all the joy she brought to you.
    Hugs, Barb

42. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) There is a bunch of LL kitties partying at the bridge. Wish I could see it ♥

43. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Many loves and hugs your way for your precious angel. A beautiful tribute.

44. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Good Morning everyone. YaHOO! It is Friday! Enjoy the upcoming weekend everyone! :)

@Grayson & Lu , @Barb & Checkers (GA) , @Cleo & Jane (GA) , @MaineLove - Thanks all of you for remembering Elsa. The house sure isn't the same without her. But, I am with you Jane: there certainly are a bunch of kitties partying at the bridge. That is such a wonderful thought. I too wish I could see it. It does make one feel good to now that all of them are happy, healthy and whole again. Barb, it is wonderful to hear from you again, even at this sad tie. I often wonder how you are doing. Lu: I think so too on the children, and their interaction my furkids, and their own. Both both boys have such good connections. I will never forget the bond that Nicholas had with Mannie. I love the thought of the book you made of and for Grayson. Fabulous idea, and something I will think of doing, as anyone who knows me knows, I certainly do have alot pf photos. I am grateful that I do.

Have a great Friday everyone! Hugs to you all, and your furkids. I am grateful to all of you!

And I should mention... the feathers continue to appear in the house. Thanks all you GA's! The one that stands out the most is the one I found going home last night. I reached down to grab my wallet, turned it over and there hanging by a thread to the back was this pristine white down feather. it was beautiful, and I know in my heart that that one came directly from Elsa. Sweet journey little one. I am ever so glad you made it.

45. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Michelle,
    The feathers are a wonderful sign that all is well with Elsa at the Bridge, and that she and Mannie (and BJ, Melissa, and Chattie) are happy to be reunited. Elsa has so many friends there, too, and I know that there will be lots of parties.
    Nicholas and William are both very perceptive and they will help your healing process. It is important to grieve and I think that Bug, especially, will need time to grieve.

Thinking of you today.

Hugs to you, scritches to Bug, Lola, and Vanessa,

Ella & Rusty

46. Tiger-Hobo

Tiger-Hobo Member

Oh (((Michelle))), I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Elsa. You gave to each other a full, beautiful 19 years. 19 years is a long time but I know we wish/wanted more and more and never enough -when their life end. I remember when Mannie past the rainbow bridge, you made me cry there too lot and hard. What else I could say what would help, nothing will ease your pain right now. Time, sweet and soft memories will heal your heart slowly but we all know never ever 100% . That is ok, this will keep them in our heart forever.

47. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Morning Ella - I think so too on the feathers. We alwyas have them here, as both boys love them, but to have so many now, and for them to be finding them over and over again is surely a sign. Especially that white one fund on my wallet. :) I think so on Nicholas & William, very perceptive indeed. Bug is doing better as the days go on. He was up and looking for pets this morning. I too can see all those parties at the bridge. Party on kitties!

@Tiger-Hobo Hi Susanna - many thank yous, and thanks for visiting us, and Elsa. We are grateful for those 19 years, what a great life she had! You are so right, the memories are wonderful, and such a powerful healer. She is for sure one kitty that one never will let wander far from the heart.

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.