8/20 Sebastian AMPS 201 +3 412 +5 311 +7 232 +9 192 +10.5 199 PMPS 198 +2 322. Feedback discussion

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Justin & Sebastian, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS 201, 11lbs 7.5oz, b-ohb 0.4. Not a bad start.

2. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

I agree! :cat: :bighug:

3. Justin & Sebastian

412@+3. What.the.hell. 5u R going in.

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Bad strip??? Bounce from that high blue???

I suppose Sebastian isn't telling either is he? Just giving you that stare of what is up hooman?

5. Justin & Sebastian

Not a bad strip, just tested him again and 374. And yeah he's acting fine, got hyper and was running around after I tested him. He's had a big appetite this morning too.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  6. Justin & Sebastian

7. Justin & Sebastian

232@+7. On the plus side, figured out what dose of R we have to use to get some movement.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yup, that was too much R. You don’t want him to drop any more than 100 points from R. It is also not recommended to shoot R st +2, as you are more likely to have the L and R nadirs conincide, another no-no. As is giving R the first cycle of an increase. It is recommended people start using R under the guidance if someone experienced in using it to learn these guidelines. It is also suggested that you start slow in dose and gradually increase. Plus you need to test hourly the first four hours after giving R, especially if jumping up the R dose, Giving 3 units of R, as the spreadsheet says you did yesterday, then no testing for four hours could be dangerous. I bet that is why he is bouncing. Either too fast a drop from R or he went quite low.

Sorry I didn’t catch you using R earlier, been out of town dealing with family emergency. There are others R users here who could have helped if you asked.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  9. Justin & Sebastian

10. Justin & Sebastian

11. Justin & Sebastian

PMPS 198, 11lbs 11oz, b-ohb 0.1. Gonna be real interesting to see what the BG does tonight.

12. Justin & Sebastian

322@+2. Anyone have any constructive theories on why he's so high?

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yes, Wendy did:
    IMHO, this latest bounce was self-inflicted = too much R shot at the wrong time in the cycle. Yesterday's bounce is a mystery in that there wasn't any testing done after the R was given and before +5. Reading the "invisible" numbers and given that red today, I'd bet he dropped fast or low prior to the +5. It's not a stretch to get there.

R was a welcome addition to my toolbox, and I had a cat on low doses. R is fantastic when used properly. OTOH, it's a lot like shooting oneself in the foot with a big gun when R is randomly thrown at a cycle.

In the interest of helping you move forward, I have to admit... I think your foot must be hurting. Please ask for help. I won't be around much in the near future, but there are others around who are able to give you a hand with R. There are very few people I'd trust with the use of R with any of my cat's. Wendy's one of them.

As far as this being a constructive theory... I tried. How you choose to take it is up to you.

FWIW, just my thoughts, based on 13+ years of experience.
    Do with them as you will...

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  14. Justin & Sebastian

I had asked, several times in the past, for help with R, both in my regular threads and in a dedicated thread, and no one ever responded. So I ultimately had no other choice but to do it myself. And at least half of things Wendy says I did wrong are things I actually did do, so I didn't really feel like my info was being looked at all that closely.

I don't necessarily see how the numbers support the going too low theory. If we look at the night of 8/19, we started at 333, went down to 199 at +5, and then were at 201 at AMPS. So, when exactly would we have gone too low? If we went too low between PMPS and +5 and bounced and the 199 was on the upswing, how did we only have an AMPS of 201? And it was only a little over a 100 point drop between PMPS and +5, and R only has a cycle of about 8 hours, so it doesn't seem likely that he would have continued to dip much lower past that, especially taking into account the AM cycle's numbers of 8/19.

I'm all for getting input and help, it's why I asked, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm getting read instructions from a manual and being scolded for not following them rather than his numbers actually being looked at and applied to the situation. Keep in mind data analysis is what I do for a living. I find patterns in numbers, and I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, I'm just really not seeing what you all say you're seeing and no one is making any attempt to actually explain their theories, just scold me and move on. Hence why I said "constructive".

15. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Might I suggest you paste this into today’s condo. Peeps will more so ... read :).
    I was following you so I jumped over to this, yesterday’s condo when I saw you had replied to @Jill & Alex (GA).
    If I am understanding all of this correctly, Reaching out for help starting R and getting no response… moving ahead without guidance then getting a response which was incorrect, not based upon your data rather protocol- “getting read instructions from a manual” could be potentially very harmful to any new member.
    I see this as one reason a new member might fall out and never come back? (@Noah & me (GA))
    In addition, if there was an oversight- your specific data not being thoroughly read thru, addressed correctly, this could cause incorrect guidance and confusion for any new member.
    I hope you get a response to this yesterday post, of yours. I am a bit confused and would appreciate reading the response... for my to better understand both sides.
    If I understand correctly, I feel your pain.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  16. Justin & Sebastian

I don't really want to copy/paste and split the replies between two threads, but I will edit the title to indicate a more in depth discussion going on, and then put a note in today's thread.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.