8/21 OT Sootie’s Tribe: Spunky update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by HWright, Aug 21, 2018.

1. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-13-ot-sooties-tribe-spunky-update.198299/

Hello, L&L

First, vines to all in need, in crisis, in loss and in healing.

My apologies for not updating sooner and being sporadic on the board. Since Spunky’s refollowup recheck last Tuesday that was good news and not so good news that’s thrown me for a bit of a loop, I took a tumble that jostled my back and knees and slowed me up. Then over the weekend while turning in bed, tore something in my knee, the one that doesn’t have much left to repair. It’s feeling a little better but if it keeps acting up it’ll either be try another round of euflexxa injections or a new knee. Ugh. Then DH’s cellphone fritzed out. Being that the texting feature is the lifesaver in life with his deafness, I took him to cell phone store on Sunday (summer Sunday I-95 traffic the pits!) and was there to be his ears. So I’ve been on a slow bell all around.

On Tuesday, the good news for Spunky was that her mouth is healed and her gums are getting pink again. Also the ear polyp does not appear to be returning.

The not so good news included that the polyp ear is infected again. Surgeon cleaned her ear to examine in there and then he put in some ear drops but the one that is contraindicated for ears with no ear drum. Ugh.
    I was able to get copy of Spunky's remaining test results that I’d been waiting for and asking about for weeks, specifically the gi blood panel, pancreatitis test and b12 level. Good news is b12 level and pancreatitis in test’s normal range. But the gi blood panel was low in folate and tamu indicated presence of gi disease, what I was worried about bc of her symptoms during the past few months.

For Spunky’s ear, vet suggests ear drops once daily and bring back for recheck this week. For the gi dx, he suggests 1gram folic acid once daily and .25cc cyanocobalamin injection once weekly. Recheck blood in a month. If no improvement he sez consider biopsy or US and steroids. I have dreads about biopsies especially if cancer is suspected (mostly because of what happened with Sootie even if biopsies are the definitive test) and I’m concerned about steroids.

Here’s the upload of the test results. The previous test results are in the previous condo with Marje’s input (link is atop this condo) but I can repost those tests here if it helps.

Appreciate input as I’m sorting this all out while facing / wrapping my head into what might become some monumental caregiving down the road and supplement/nutritional changes again if the traditional vet’s dx is correct.

Hugs ❤️ And thanks to all,
    Sina

52E42FCF-F428-41F0-9D80-F8449CEDEA71.jpeg

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Mercy, Sina, you have experienced a pile on from multiple fronts . Sending healing prayers for you and Spunky :bighug: Take good care of yourself :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Feet up, comfy pants on ;)

Krystina & Nelli and HWright like this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:

Take care of yourself. When it rains it pours. I hope you get some input on the labs. Will be keeping y'all in my prayers. :kiss:

HWright likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and your knee. I hope you are doing better now. Take it easy.

I'm glad Spunky's mouth is doing better, but sorry to hear about the infection and gi disease. I hope the treatments help. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  5. HWright

Hi Beth, Thank you. ❤️ I think I need stand steady pants too lol

Thanks, Lizzie. The rain and pour analogy certainly fits metaphorically and meteorologically. We finally had some rain that sent the recent heat and humidity wave packing. Well that was this morning when I started replies. Now it’s steam bath again. Uck.
    I’ve contacted hv’s re spunky too and waiting feedback on alternatives. Crossing paws. :bighug:
    Thank you Carla and I hope those vexing fleas on your household get gone. Theyre a pita and too darned persistent. :banghead:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

How odd that they also didn’t do a TLI because most GI panels will include a cobalamin, folate, fPLI, and a TLI.

It appears her folate is low and needs supplementation. Typically, you would supplement with folic acid but I’ve never had to do this and so I’m not certain of what product is best or the dosing on it. I do know there are some foods that are higher in folic acid (like liver, i believe) and which might help but it’s best to talk to your vet about this.

I’m sorry you’ve had an accident and I hope you will feel better soon. And Spunky, too!

HWright and LizzieInTexas like this.
  7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sina,
    I am so sorry to hear about your knee/back and hope you are on the mend. Do you use a knee brace? I have used them for my various knee injuries over the years, but always found them uncomfortable and not especially helpful. What I have found to be helpful are those very lightweight, copper-threaded, compression knee sleeves. They give just a bit of support to help, and they don't slow you down when being active. The brand I have is Tommie Copper. Feel better soon!

Sorry I can't be of any help with regard to Spunky's ear issue. But I'm glad her mouth is better. I hope that you and the vet will be able to find the right combination of meds.

Bummer that your weather continues to be awful. We are finally getting some cooler weather, especially at night (down into the '40s), but it is still pretty humid.

Take care of yourself and the tribe and Steve. I wish I could get Edward to learn how to use his iPhone better. About all he does is ask Siri what the weather is!!

Hugs and scritches,

HWright likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:Oh Sina! I am so sorry that you had a tumble and it's your bad knee.

I don't understand this:
    Bummer on DH's cell phone fizzling. Mine is a very old generataion and I am not ready to have another equipmemt payment on my phone bill.

I wish I could decipher the labs but, I am useless there.

Sending you and yours hugs and more hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hear and appreciate all that you're going through...same here on many fronts...health, elderly mom to take care of, Luci girl, DH...ah the list goes on and on...hang in there mama...hopefully you're all making some headway on getting better...or at least back on an even keel??? Sending vines and hugs!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  10. HWright

Hello friends,
    My apologies for not replying sooner and to each and all. I won’t go into the accumulating turmoils of late, idk if the quixotic weather, the moon cycle, my getting more enervated with each day or all of the above. But your encouragement, prayers and suggestions mean the world and I thank you all.:bighug:

Re spunky I’m finding that she won’t take the oral folic acid and b complex; and she finds me out when I’ve tried mixing it in with kefir or chicken broth. She’s been back to the vet since the start of the post: ear infection improving but signs of polyp continuing to re-emerge still visible. Ok I deferred to try prednisolone short term that he hopes will quiet the polyp and maybe quiet the gi issues. but spunky thwarted me doing the pills and I have to go really slow with the icky pink liquid. If we can’t get the polyp to recede he suggests the risky surgery that both of us would like to avoid.
    HV sending change of remedies.

I do have to give Spunky some gold stars because she jives with the other oral stuff: remedies, cbd oil, plain kefir and her standard process tabs. And she’s good with the b12 injections though I may have to get slightly thicker gauge needles:her skin is thick indeed.

@Marje and Gracie thank you for looking at Spunky’s newer labs. Idk why TLI not included in what I asked to be full gi blood panel. I don’t have an answer to the question bc the vet in the practice who ordered the tests has been out.

This past weekend civie Dancer vomited up a hairball and blood. In hindsight I wish I’d taken her to Er then and there but at the time she ate ok afterwards and seemed ok for a day or so. I called vet first thing Monday morning and their earliest opening was this morning. Then by last night her appy decreased and she did a hefty food pukus no blood. The relief vet did Blood work today Showed low wbc and low “...phils” among other stuff. Crea up but bun ok. T4 on low normal. Did x-ray and recommended u/s PDQ at the specialty hospital, the earliest appt being tomorrow morning. They’ll also get a u/a bc she didn’t have enough urine today. She also got fluids and cerenia with fluids today. Once Dancer settled in at home she’s been resting and eating pretty well. Everyone there loved Dancer especially the relief vet who as it turns out has a special affection for cats with ch. He carried her around in his arms instead of in carrier.

I’m to bed soon it’s an early day tomorrow and long drive. And the heat wave has returned ugh.

I’m sorry, too, I haven’t been on the board lately. But you all have been in my prayers and healing vines for all in need or crisis.

With love hugs thanks and vines,
    ❤️
    Sina and Sootie’s Tribe.

Ps @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) : thanks for the tip about the tommie topper. I got a knock off awhile back and it was....meh.
    I’ll look for the real thing! :bighug:

11. Beth 73

Continued extra hugs and prayers to you and yours, Sina :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  12. HWright

:bighug:Thank you Beth. :bighug:

13. LizzieInTexas

Vetty vines for a clear u/s and no polyp growth. I am so sorry there are so many issues to deal with right now. Praying for a cool ride tomorrow.

HWright likes this.
  14. HWright

Thank you, Lizzie. And vines for you and Gizmo, too.:bighug:

15. carfurby (GA)

Sending prayers for Spunky and Dancer. I hope you are feeling better. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  16. HWright

Thank you Carla
    Vines

17. HWright

Dancer ultrasound update: tech said that dancer’s ultrasound was normal...no anomalies whatsoever. And they were able to get a good sterile urine sample to send out to lab.
    I’m much relieved that’s for sure but mystified as heck by the lab results and vet’s interpretation. And what’s now even more of a mystery.

18. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad the ultrasound was normal. I hope you can get some answers soon. Sending prayers. :bighug:

HWright likes this.
  19. HWright

Thank you, Carla. I hope so, too.
    How are you and the kitties?

20. carfurby (GA)

We're doing okay. Still fighting fleas, but I think it's getting better.

HWright likes this.
  21. HWright

I hope so. ❤️

22. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh Sina, I’m so happy to hear the US looks good! What a relief! :cat:

How are you doing? I hope you’re on the mend and feeling better. :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

HWright likes this.
  23. LizzieInTexas

:bighug: Very good news. Please keep us posted.

How are you feeling? Hope the drive wasn't too horrible.

HWright likes this.
  24. HWright

@Squalliesmom @LizzieInTexas
    Thank you. Hope you all hanging in. I’m sorry not to have been on the board again lately. Talked to ER this morning even though it’s a holiday weekend bc no word re u/a results even though it’s been since Wednesday and Dancer’s appy is way off again and she is not herself at all. They won’t release results to me bc the vet is off til Tuesday; they won’t say if they sent results to the reg vet clinic (which is closed til Tuesday). I’ve been in touch with local HV this morning, am on my way out to get some other foods to try. If she doesn’t eat (and she hates being assist fed; clamps her mouth, froths and fights), I’ll have to take her to ER (a goodly 40-minute drive). I want to cry. I just want our little miss joy dancer to feel better.

25. LizzieInTexas

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Eat yr fudz lil Dancer.

How frustrating on the u/s results. I hate it when they (vets) don't communicate with us. Do you have any mirtz (appy enhancer)?

26. Squalliesmom

Oh Sina, I'm so sorry! Sending you tons of hugs and a shoulder to cry on, if you need one. I wish I had more to offer. Dancer is in my prayers, as are you. :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:
    ❤️

HWright likes this.
  27. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh Sina! I am so sorry to be reading about Dancer not eating now. I am sure you have tried all the tricks and even baby food. I hope that you won't have to make a trip to the ER and some of the HV food choices will help. Gosh, I hate that you haven't received the results back yet!

Prayers going out to you and your tribe. Reiki on the way!

HWright likes this.
  28. HWright

Thanks Lizzie. I get frustrated with some aspects of the vet stuff too. I wouldn’t be surprised if the results were faxed or emailed to the clinic on Friday and the results got filed without even a look-see.
    That happened with spunky’s Gi blood panel.

I do have some mirtz left over. I tried a very small dose in food yesterday but she outed me. And she refuses to be pilled or orally doses or orally fed.❤️ Idk whether to try it again or not. Thoughts?
    Thank you, Lucy, an back home with smorgasbord of new fuds to try. Including some shaved sirloin that is slow simmering right now.
    Crossing paws and hugs to you and Squallie.❤️

Thank you, Bobbie. Hobbling upstairs in a few minutes with some new food choices. Trying not to stressssssss....Crossing paws. Thank you too for vines and reiki for Dancer. And vines and healing vibes for you all too. ❤️

026DA2EC-FFE7-448C-83CF-6801B7F096B7.jpeg

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  29. carfurby (GA)

Sina I'm so sorry Dancer is not eating. I hope you can get her to eat soon. Sending prayers.

30. HWright

I’m sorry she’s not eating, too.
    Leaving now to take her to ER bc she still won’t eat anything. I’m trying not to freak out. Bbl. ❤️

31. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh no! Vetty vines!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  32. LizzieInTexas

:bighug::bighug:

Prayers and vetty vines

HWright likes this.
  33. Beth 73

Sending more prayers and love to Dancer and you , Sina :bighug:❤️ Hoping ER helped get Dancer set right :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  34. HWright

We are home. No tests but the Er vet took vitals and did physical. Said nothing unusual. I had to ask about her weight which is 9.8 today, down from a little over 10# last Tuesday. The vet didn’t want to do any labs bc she thinks they should be sent out and they only do in-house labs there. Wha?
    No suggestions other than another cerenia injection (she would not give fluids, thought dancer not dehydrated) and 4 oral doses to give once a day (lotsaluck with that) and directions for Pepcid ac, 5 mg once daily.
    Got copies of the urinalysis and ultrasound reports. I’d like to post them and her labs for interpretation but I hate to keep asking for help and Marje has gone above and beyond to look at Spunky’s labs on the midst of the demands in her life. Idk. What’s going on with Dancer is all a mystery and idk and am totally pooped out tonight.
    Thank you all for your vines,much needed and welcome indeed, and appreciate any suggestions.
    Hugs vines ❤️ And scritches from us all here. ❤️

35. carfurby (GA)

I don't think anyone minds if you ask for help for Dancer. I hope the cerenia helps. Sending more prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  36. LizzieInTexas

Post the labs and tag Marje. I want to look too.

Do you have fluids at home? Can you give them? Even a tiny bit (50) might help, especially if it is LR that has other supplements (it does with Gizmo fwiw).

HWright likes this.
  37. HWright

Thank you, Carla. Yesterday’s cerenia injection didn’t improve situation alas.
    thank you, Lizzie. Yes I have a spare bag of LR, line set and some needles. I’m thinking that it was the combo of fluids and cerenia last Tuesday that eased dancer’s inappy. Yesterday’s injection (Er vet would not do fluids and would not rx any pain meds) hasn’t helped at all. I will try to give her 25-50ml fluids today, crossing paws.

This morning she frothed and fought me again about assist feeding and any oral liquid dosing. Forget trying pills. Unless she does it on her own by her choice, forget it. Although she has watched assist feeding, meds and herbals dosing, sub q fluids with keen interest with and support for the others, she has never been the recipient. She turns away from all manner of food choices, some her now seemingly former faves, and ate about a tsp of ff turkey in creamy broth and about a tsp of Orijen kibble that I’ve had on hand for crumbled toppers. I went out to find other fuds this morning at the local pet fud store. They were closed but owner was outside having a/c unit serviced. When I explained the situation, he went in and brought me a bag of fromm small bites and said I could pay for it next time I’m in. Would dancer eat any? No. Ugh.

It’s so hot again today. I got not much sleep last night, Dancer took a purry nap on my chest this afternoon and I dozed off too.

Our local HV will make housecall tomorrow afternoon if he’s not backed up with client calls tomorrow morning bc of the long holiday weekend.

Thanks for your interest in and encouragement to post civie Dancer’s labs and to tag Marje. @Marje and Gracie
    Of course all eyes who can shed insight when they can are most welcome and much appreciated especially since this is a holiday weekend.

Here they are (idk how to put them in a single file). Thank you all.
    ❤️ Sina

Attached Files:

38. Beth 73

Sina , an HV that makes house calls ??? What a huge blessing ...Prayers that he will easily fit Dancer in tomorrow ❤️

HWright likes this.
  39. LizzieInTexas

Will be curious to see what Marje says. I am a novice with labs. The LR will hopefully help with the lower potassium.

How is Dancers fluid intake? Is she drinking on her own? Maybe the heat has something to do with it? Hope your HV can make it by and offer something that will help. Have you tried the liver shake?

HWright likes this.
  40. LizzieInTexas

Have you tried the pill pockets? If you can get the pills smashes then into a pill pockets, roll it tight? The pill pockets are gooey, maybe stick it to the roof of her mouth If she won't eat it on her own?

Have you tried drizzling tuna water over some of the wet food?

Just throwing out ideas.

HWright likes this.
  41. HWright

Thanks Lizzie.
    Dancer nixed liver shake, raw liver, steamed liver, liver mixed with steamed chicken, beef. Nixed sardines, sardine water, human grade tuna bits, tuna water, mackerel, mackerel water, baby fud, ff classics, grilled, etc (except for this morning about a tsp of one in a “delicate sauce,” was ok with light cream a couple days ago for a day, now won’t touch it, nixed kefir, nixed weruva, nixed bff, nixed Fromm Pate, nixed wellness, nixed the Fromm small bits (wild game), nixed raw, nixed scrambled egg, nixed steamed sirloin, nixed steamed chicken (that has been her fave), trying steamed turkey burger now (haven’t found plain turkey breast in stores), nixed rotisserie chicken, nixed the chicken inside fried chicken (another of her faves), nixed home made chicken broth, nixed Rawz turkey, nixed earthborn, nixed rx recovery, nixed the hills rx gi canned,.....ate about a tsp of Orijen kibble this morning and now won’t touch it....what have I left out! And I’ve tried combos of the above.

If I could get SEB or mmr into her I think her gut would feel better. But I added one or the other to everyone’s food (lately it’s been mmr) but if she won’t eat, can’t pill or orally dose or assist feed, I’m sol.

I don’t see her drinking water but I have been replenishing the water dish (DH replenishes the water fountain and doesn’t always tell me). She must be bc how can she be hydrated (according to the Er vet if she’s not eating enough food let alone wet food that I always add water to)? Er vet did nt think b12 injections of any benefit (did anyone test the b’s? I don’t think so) but I’m thinking off adding it with fluids.
    I’ve done the tent test m, it springs back but she’s also lost weight so fast that she’s gotten loose and today her beautiful soft shiny coat has begun to get that scruffy look. Not good sign, at least it seems so to me.

I haven’t tried pill pocket yet. I’ll try that tonight with the Cerenia. I have a fresh package of pill pockets that I tried with Spunky but she outed the pill.
    Is mirtazapine ok to do if there’s pain of unknown source and with cerenia?

She’s clearly nauseated and I think in discomfort but I can’t get any pain meds and she won’t even let me put drops of cbd oil on her gums or a paw.

She’s upstairs now. I’m about to go try doing fluids. Either that or wait for DH to come home so he can hold her in his lap like he did with Azalea.

Beth 73 likes this.
  42. HWright

Thank you, Beth. I hope so, too. Yes, he does energy, acupuncture and TCM too. I’ve sent stuff to long distance hv too.
    I’m hoping housecall hv can get a handle on it all. I keep thinking that there must be going on either in her mouth/teeth or esophogus/ gi (worries going back to Sootie). The longer this goes on the worse it gets for sweet Dancer.

Beth 73 likes this.
  43. LizzieInTexas

:bighug:

By chance is she constipated?

44. Beth 73

Oh, Sina :bighug: Big prayers and love coming your way ....healing for Dancer and wisdom/peace for you ❤️ You are the BEST momma bean ❤️Hopefully with DH holding her you can get SEB or MMR down her with NO frothing . Prayers to that end ❤️ Around here , when I resort to DH holding them they know the jig is up :eek: Prayers upon hugs upon successful treating of dear Dancer :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  45. HWright

She doesn’t seem to be. I know it’s a weird answer but since Steve has gotten into the lb groove and can distinguish which poops belong to whom, I pretty much rely on his assessments bc Bella and Dancer’s lb’s are upstairs and the days when I can do the stairs are more on the iffy side than not.
    When I did go upstairs this afternoon I found a well formed poop on Dancer’s lb , quite darker than what he has described as dark brown. Tonight he confirmed that he cleaned the boxes this morning so Dancer must have pooped today. He did say though that it was smaller. If she’s pooping and barely eating, did she have a back up that’s working its way out?

Also when I went upstairs I couldn’t find her and tumbled. Texted Steve to help find her. He came home PDQ and found her in Sootie’s carrier (yes, I still haven’t had the whatever to put her carrier away). She cane out on her own, came downstairs on her own, looked at food... no interest.....but I decided to try a pill pocket it being a toss up whether to try the mirtz or the cerenia. Cerenia won the toss...and she ate it! Thank you Lizzie for the suggestion.
    I just tried pill pocket again with mirtz in it...nope. She nixed turkey supper, nixed ff, nixed kibble, nixed cream but is now discovering vanilla ice cream...

We’re going to try fluids and b12 in a little while.
    ❤️

LizzieInTexas and Beth 73 like this.
  46. HWright

Thanks Beth. I sure don’t feel like a very effective bean for her. I hope she will like DH lending a hand with fluids. On a side note though: last night on way home from Er, I took the old road instead of I-95. Dancer liked it. She popped her head out of her carrier and did lots of look about as we wended our way along old route 1. ❤️

Beth 73 and LizzieInTexas like this.
  47. carfurby (GA)

I hope you can find something to help Dancer. Sending prayers.

HWright likes this.
  48. HWright

Thank you Carla. I just tried again a bit if crumbled freeze dried chicken hearts/livers and a bit of Fortiflora, both of which she had nixed earlier. She ate a little with some interest.

carfurby (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  49. LizzieInTexas

Hoping she ate more overnight and is feeling better today. Might send Marje a PM. She has said before that she doesn't always see tags.

HWright likes this.
  50. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

51. HWright

Thanks Lizzie.
    Btw Dancer was a champ with fluids and b12 last night no fuss, DH was quite surprised when he came in to help, that we were almost done. She ate some during the night, this morning a bit and then meh.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

52. Marje and Gracie

I don’t see that they tested her for pancreatitis. Did anyone discuss it altho normally you’d expect to see high wbc counts with pancreatitis but sometimes the inflammation draws the wbcs out of the blood and into the pancreas.

All of her wbc values are low. This can indicate viral or bacterial infection. Any fever? She’s been tested for FIV and FeLV, yes?

Her potassium is low but I don’t think that’s what is causing her issues.

Sending your sweet little Dancer tons of vines. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright and LizzieInTexas like this.
  53. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Sina}}}

I haven't been on much lately (recovering from major surgery) so missed the trouble you are having with your dear Spunky. I'm so sorry she's not feeling well. I'm glad she ate a little Tuesday evening. I hope she ate more overnight.

I'm sending good vetty vines for the HV's visit, and healing vines, too. Also some :bighug:s.

HWright likes this.
  54. LizzieInTexas

How are you and Spunky doing? Thinking of you guys :bighug:

HWright likes this.
  55. HWright

Hello all and my apologies for not being on board though it has been my intention to do so. Some unpleasant non-veterinary situations had to be attended to and were very draining particularly in the midst of vet visits and worries about the clowder. And, ugh, I think I’m going to have to change internet servers...the sporadic outages and service problems have been “ill-timed” and maddening!

First, thank you all for your encouragement, concerns for our civies and suggestions. Thank you, Marje for looking at Dancer’s test results and your insights.

The good news is that Dancer did well with our HV’s housecall on Tuesday and she’s much improved since then. He was able to evaluate and examine her while running energy during the near three hour visit. Though she didn’t have a fever/high temp, he said she was “running hot.” Actually her mouth was quite red but by the end of his visit, it had become a healthier pink. Fascinating! Dancer was very happy. She ate on her own during his visit and was very relaxed, very engaging and not in visible pain or discomfort. She liked the TCM in a pill pocket that he suggested, and she’s been good with that, other than outing me once (that I’m aware of, lol).
    She began to wane a bit later in the week but has perked up; thank you, Bobbie❤️. Dancer is now pretty much back to good appetite, her sweet “Little Miss Joy” demeanor, is filling out and her CH gait, which had become quite wobbly, is now much steadier and back to her normal.

We are both pretty well burned out on treks to vets (as is my $$) but I am bringing her to our dental vet this week to get a better look-see at her mouth and his evaluation of the situation.

Spunky also goes back to him this week for a recheck about her polyp ear, too. The ear pus is lessening but not completely clear. She is eating well and grooving. Long distance HV sent change of remedies. ​

Thank you, Marje and my apologies for not posting sooner.
    Dancer snaptested neg fiv/felt/heartworm April 2017 when I had everyone tested right after Azalea tested “faintly” positive. Everyone had CBC at that time too (I can post Dancer’s 2017 labs if you’d like to see them for comparison). Do you think she should be retested and with a viral load this time instead of a snap test? If so, what specific kind of viral load test?

Dancer had normal temp when she was seen by relief vet on Tuesday 8/28 (idk if radiologist checked temp the next day when I brought her to the specialty/Er hospital) and on Sunday 9/3 at Er. Housecall HV on Tuesday 9/5 said that she was running hot energetically. Though p’titis was discussed with each of the vets, the traditional vets ruled it out based on her being, to them, asympomatic for it. HV did not rule it out and, Dancer’s continuing resonance with the standard process pancreatrophin pmg and feline enteric support even when her appetite was nil, was certainly a clue. Interested what you say about low wbc, inflammation and possibility that “sometimes inflammation draws wbc out of the the blood and into the pancreas.”

I will ask dental vet this week when I bring Dancer in for mouth exam and eval of labs and her down spell, about the above and the potassium and whether to supplement. I prefer to supplement as a food source rather than isolated supplement if I can. At the moment and now that she’s eating again, I’ve resumed adding egg white powder that, while not necessarily as high in potassium, as say, bananas, it adds some as well as being very digestible with other nutrients and is low phos.

Thank you again, Marje, and all You’re all saints.❤️❤️❤️

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  56. HWright

Thank you, Tricia. How are you? I was very sorry to read that you’ve had major surgery. Hope recovery will be smooth and speedy. Sending heaps of vines and get well soon vibes.
    How are the kittens?
    Hugs and ❤️

57. HWright

Thank you, Lizzie. Much appreciated and means a lot. How are you and Gizmo?❤️:bighug:

58. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad the HV was able to help Dancer and she is doing better. I hope Spunky's recheck goes well. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  59. LizzieInTexas

We are hanging in there. I am very happy to read this update. Sounds like good news all around. I hope Dancer continues to improve and Spunky's ear is still on the mend.

Your HV sounds like a dream. I sure wish I could find someone like that, thst would make home visits.

Hope you are feeling better also :bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  60. Marje and Gracie

Great report! I’m so glad she is better.

In regard to the FIV/FeLV, IMHO, the snap test is fine and I wouldn’t feel the need to do further unless your HV advises it.

HWright likes this.
  61. Squalliesmom

So sorry you have had such a rough time of it the past week! I hope everyone, you included, is on the mend now! Much love and prayers coming your way! :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

HWright likes this.
  62. HWright

Thank you. And vines and prayers to you, too, Carla.

63. HWright

Glad to have some good news to share. Going day by day and as each day unfolds.
    Yes our “local” HV is indeed special. He’s about an hour away but when housecall seems best option (vs text or phone or us driving to him), he has never hesitated to be available for us throughout the years.

64. HWright

Thank you, Marje. Going day by day. Even though what caused Dancer to feel so poorly is still a ? with no definitives yet, as long as they all are happy and feeling good....❤️

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  65. HWright

Thank you, Lucy. Sending more hugs vines and scritches fir you and Squallie, the IM conqueror excelsior.❤️

Squalliesmom likes this.