8/23 Sushi: PMPS~183|AMPS~288 (8/22: PMPS~208?|AMPS~366)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14), Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14)

Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14) Member

Hi!
    Just wanted to hop on and update. I'm in Baton Rouge, so our cat sitter is testing/feeding/shooting Sushi. Tonight's PS was 183. So now I'm glad I messed up and didn't go to 4.75 on Sunday! It's a good number; a little too good for my comfort. I went ahead and instructed the sitter to dose him. She's going to dinner with some friends and will come by and test him again on her way home; I hope we steer clear of trouble! Should I reduce to 4.25 for tomorrow's dose to be safe?
    Thank you all!!!

2. Hi Ashley!
    I had not been keeping up with Sushi's SS since you have been posting in Lantus, but it looks like you've done a great job gathering test data and I'm impressed with your agressive approach (of course lantus is different than PZI, and you dose based on nadir rather than PS's - but to see a 4.5 into a blue! nice.)
    I had to dose Bob high with low numbers too. Pretty stressful.
    Keep in mind that I'm not a lantus guru. But I think I'd consider going down to 4.25, and not only to be safe. It might just be a good idea to drop that low.
    Lantus guru's please let me know if I'm reading this wrong, but are the mid-cycle numbers on Sunday a "bounce" from maybe too high a dose? Or is that what you look for with Lantus?

Carl

3. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

If no one is there to get a mid-cycle test, I would lower the dose. Especially since Sushi has been on a downward slope lately. When I'm not home and no one will be there to get a mid-cycle number, I drop the dose low enough to where I feel comfortable that a hypo probably won't be happen. You can always raise it again when you get back and are testing more frequently.

Life happens, so even if there's a small setback by lowering too quickly it's not like you won't be able to get back on track. That's a better option than going too low and not being able to catch it, in my opinion.

4. Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14)

Hi! Thanks for your input. The cat sitter got a +2 test of 288. That makes me feel better, but I'm still leaning toward lowering his dose. She'll test/feed/shoot him in tomorrow AM and I'll be there in the PM. Any more thoughts?

5. Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14)

ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile
    ooohhh I just realized I posted this in the main forum; not Lantus!! Its been that kind of day! And that kind of week! For sure!!
    Here's our last post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50525

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.