8/28 Grandpa another fur shot! AMPS 243, +5 249, +9 298, PMPS 386, +4 406

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Yesterday

He has gone up from 140 at 3 AM to 243 at 6:30. He's eating breakfast so he got his 2.5U. Last night was the longest he has ever stayed in the blues and even had one green. I have a busy day of conference calls today but will monitor to see how his daytime numbers go.

What's odd is that he seems to feel better in the yellows. He seems really tired in lower numbers. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, Teasel was more lethargic in lower good numbers earlier in his FD career. Most of that has passed but I still think his sweet spot for feeling good is low blues or very high dark green.

Beth 73 and Beck and Philly like this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️

Beck and Philly likes this.
  4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hooray for the great cycle! I think Lou felt better in yellows and pinks for a while, and anything under 100 would make him run to his food bowl. Now you can tell he feels better in the greens and a bit more sluggish in the pinks. Now if only his body would get over bouncing.... :rolleyes: I hope Grandpa has a good day today!

5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I think Grandpa has the same condition as Noah. "I'm not going anywhere, feed me human".
    bacon01.jpg

Beth 73 and Beck and Philly like this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Olive is definitely more active and alert in yellows. However, she is starting to be less lethargic in blues as she is accepting them.

7. Beck and Philly

20180828_114453.jpg 20180828_113757.jpg I just got "the look" when I took the food away after he started in on another cat's plate after finishing his own. He's playful again today. Welcome back, Grandpa!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  8. Beck and Philly

Glad to see it isn't just Grandpa. If Lou, Teasel and Olive are adjusting to lower numbers it makes me feel better.

9. Beth 73

Oh, Grandpa❤️ What a cheeky, handsome flirt you are ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I am smitten :bighug:

10. Beck and Philly

He says he loves you, too!

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Grandpa! :bighug::kiss::kiss::bighug: I just LOVE him! :D

Beck and Philly and Beth 73 like this.
  12. Beck and Philly

You guys are going to make him very hard to live with. He's going to demand special treatment. Oh wait....

13. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

You're not actually letting him read these posts are you?
    That's how they get so spoiled. Sheesh!

14. Beck and Philly

Well you know, AT&T had a special 2-for1 deal on smartphones.

Beth 73 and Kris & Teasel like this.
  15. Beck and Philly

All yellows so far today. This consistency is so nice to see. His appetite is really good, too.

Beth 73 and Kris & Teasel like this.
  16. Beck and Philly

I can't believe this! Grandpa is finally responding and having days with good numbers and I do another lousy fur shot. I hadn't done one since we started insulin in May and now two in a week. This time I was overly careful. I shot in an area where I could see skin through the fur and watched the needle go in. I ran my finger around the area to make sure I didn't go through. I pushed the plunger and watched the liquid hit the cardboard box the plate of food is in. I swiped my finger through it and the smell left no doubt. Aaaagh!

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  17. Beth 73

Ahhhhhhh :woot: :woot: :woot: ..... I’m sorry , Beck :bighug: My prayer is that this won’t make sweet Grandpa miss a beat :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, those fur shots can be so disappointing! Just a thought, are you shooting sideways into the pinched skin? I don't want to mess up your technique, but I found it was easier to pinch the skin, then shoot straight in the middle of the skin between my fingers, I don't pinch the skin that high up, but can get a nice angle in for the needle, and not through to the other side. Hope that makes sense! I'm glad Grandpa was feeling good today :cat:, after getting into a nice surf last night, he really didn't bounce all that badly, hoping tomorrow is a good day too.

19. Beck and Philly

I am shooting down into the tent, but I wonder if I'm pulling the tent too high. I like the through the fingers idea.

The frustrating thing is that I've given tons of distemper and depo shots. I know better! And he needs this.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  20. Beck and Philly

This is why I love my vet. Facebook message from her.
    20180828_214708.jpg

21. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I came across a post about angle and depth of shot for insulin, I'll try and find it for you. When it's your fur-baby, sometimes it's just a bit trickier, I've actually inserted the needle and thought, nope, don't like how that feels, and reinserted, and shot. Good news is you get a pokie break?:bighug:

22. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, Bubba was lethargic when he first hit normal numbers. You figure, they get used to being in higher numbers which become their norm.

Ugh, on the FS! When I do them, they seem to happen in 3s . Don't beat yourself up. They happen to all of us no matter what the experience level is.

23. Beck and Philly

Thanks! I'm trying to think of what house jobs I can use to barter with my roommate. She switched majors from nursing to physical therapy years ago because she hates needles. She is much better at it than I am, though. I wonder how many times I can trade dishes and trash for shots?

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Now that is being resourceful ! If it's any consolation, I still hold my breath at each shot. And did I mention I say a prayer to NOT be a FS.

25. Beck and Philly

Yes, that makes me feel better. Too bad cats don't come with syringe fittings like the grease fittings on a car.

Beth 73 and Bobbie And Bubba like this.