8/29 Doodles AMPS 218 +4 292 +8.5 260 PMPS 232 +4.5 271 +8.5 226

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doodles & Karen, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Doodles 8/28 Super flat PM cycle so we'll see what today brings.

Last night just after his PM+8.5 snack/test our fire alarms went off which includes a voice saying "fire - evacuate, fire-evacuate". All 10 of the fire alarms were going off. Needless to say DH, myself and the kitties had a flippin heart attack. Not only did they go off once but 4 times in a 1/2 hour. This is all at 2:30am-3:00am. We went room to room checking every thing including appliances....surely there was no fire.

Doodles stayed under DH's bed until AMPS and I still had to coax him out for T/F/S this morning. He ate his breakfast in fear there is a monster in the house. For a boy that has a weak heart as it is, honestly I was prepared for the worse this morning but his ticker made it through. Also pleasantly surprised his BG was off the hook. Agenda today...replace the entire fire alarm system. :arghh: It's commercial grade because at one time we had a spare room full of ammunition components for our manufacturing business.

Vines and prayers to all the kitties and beans :bighug::bighug:

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

That's such a rude awakening! Boomer would have also hid under the bed; he does so for much less than 10 fire alarms ringing!
    Hope Doodles does a gentle slide down today and surfs :D:D:D:D

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Every time our building alarm system was tested Max hid. Being deaf has its advantages I guess. I hope Doidles slides down gently. No drama.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on your fire alarms going off. I'm glad there was no fire. I hope Doodles has a safe surf today.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sleep is overrated anyway. Geez, I would have had a heart attack. Glad it was nothing real.

Over the winter my husband had pot belly stove going and the next set of logs next to the stove in our basement. All of a sudden our alarm goes off. Now our upstairs alarm goes off a lot from the steam when I shower (like it very hot) so of course we go there first. When we realized that wasn't the one it like OMG the basement on fire. Basement and garage is under entire house. My car was in garage and all the cat carriers in basement. My husband swings open the basement door and all this smoke pours in. Now the upstairs alarm starts. So I grab extinguisher from upstairs, start down the stairs bang into husband (he was trying to figure out how to stop the sound) knock him down the stairs. He's yelling turn the sound off (shrill really hurts his ears), I'm like get to the fire I'll get the alarm. Just have to push the button and battery pops out. No fire, but almost. The logs next to the stove got to hot and started smoldering. I'm like get the wndows open, he saying it's winter don't want to let the heat out. I can laugh now, but I was ready to do harm.

6. Doodles & Karen

I just got done feeding Doodles so was up. Thought DH was going to have a heart attack though. Still have no idea what would've caused them to go off like that out of the blue. I did chuckle slightly reading your story but it's soo not funny....glad it all turned out ok for you too!

7. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine waking up to that! So glad that everyone is okay and that there was no actual fire... but why don't these kinds of things ever happen in the middle of the day?!?

Hope that Doodles slides down today now that he has had a chance to recover from the initial shock.

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles is still scared to death. He flinches with every tiny sound and mouth has been open a bit today. I'm ignoring his numbers until he calms down which knowing him can take a day or so. He just got over the "wake the dead" alarm the other night :(

9. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Such a rude awakening!! Why do these things always happen at 3 am - thankfully :confused::confused: you were up. I so hope he gets over the fright soon :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Doodles & Karen

He's really paranoid :( Won't go far from me but at least he's not under the bed. My errands can wait once again. No Murphy condo for 2 days now??

11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

My niece has been in town so I've been super busy with her - she just left back for San Diego - okay - I"ll post one now :oops:

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh how horrible with your fire alarms going off in the middle of the night. What a horrible way be awaken. :eek:

13. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! That sounds terrifying! I am happy there wasn't a fire, but wow, what an amazingly rude awakening!

14. Judy and Boomer

One morning a long long time ago in my previous life (marriage) our smoke detector went off in the morning as we were getting ready for work. We checked everything; no sign of smoke or fire. But I had cats and didn't want to leave the house and leave them. So I called the fire department (non-emergency number) and told them what was happening and they offered to send someone out to take a look. A few minutes later a firetruck with 6 firemen pull up in front of our house. OH MY. SIX FIREMEN IN MY HOUSE. :joyful::joyful::joyful::kiss::kiss::kiss::bighug::bighug::bighug::kiss::kiss::kiss::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:
    Oh yeah the smoke alarm.....turned out it was dusty :rolleyes:

15. Doodles & Karen

LOL, yeah that would be rough company to have ;) DH did some reading on it and yep, we think dust might be the culprit. It is the desert and we've had the windows and doors open a few times lately...what freaking nightmare.

Honestly, I'm worried about Doodles. He's really still very spooked and doesn't look like he's feeling well at all. I sure hope it didn't mess with his already weak heart :(

16. Judy and Boomer

Sending lots and lots of nerve-calming vines to our Doodlebug!

17. Olive & Paula

If they are like the firemen I have here......well I'll just say the cows across the street are in better shape.

Poor Doodles, I guess cuddling and stroking him isn't working. He's staying yellow though.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  18. Doodles & Karen

No it's not. He freaked in the middle of dinner when DH was talking to me from the other room :( Yellow is fine, today was the 4th cycle since the skip and the awful 26 AMPS. Sure there is also a variance in his dose as always with bubbles and his bean.

19. Olive & Paula

The poor thing. Hopefully it won't happen anytime soon and he will be calmer in the morning.

20. Judy and Boomer

:p:p:p

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  21. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Scary! Poor Doodles. Not retelling any stories, but it's enough to say I had a dining room perimeter lined with very loose dog pooh once. Poor guy didn't like the smoke detector at all!

Sending wishes that the Doodleboy recovers from your fire alarm and relaxes a bit.

Marilyn and Polly

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  22. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

:D:D:D

23. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

aww poor baby.

24. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Poor Doodles. Hope he gets back to his normal self soon :bighug:

25. Gussie's mom (GA)