8.30 Bella amps 177,+2 96,+9 150,pmps 157,+1:40 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bellasmom, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

2. Bellasmom

I have a question
    I don’t have to leave for work till 7am, is it still safe to work bella up to where I shoot at 6 instead of 5am and do a +1, would I be able to tell kinda what he will do at a +1 instead of +2, cause I get up at 4:30 every morning and then I sit here till 7 after cat stuff and get ready for work which doesn’t take long, any advise? If you all think I should just leave the same that’s fine, I want him safe! No matter what I have to do

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Bella. I think you'd need to get some +1 tests in and see if you can tell if that lets you know what he is going to do and then make a decision about moving times.

Poor Abby. A lot of cats have bad reactions to beef.

4. Bellasmom

Good idea
    I was just trying to find something good for her and maybe a different protein, I didn’t know a lot of cats have bad reactions to beef, thanks! Luckily I only bought 1 can, the only thing she will eat consistently is ff with gravy, I know I prob shouldn’t give it to her all the time but she has to eat or she will eat like deli turkey on occasion she will eat ff classic

5. Bellasmom

Leaving MC down

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I agree with Carla...get some 1+ for a while...a week? Sorry you have to get up so early and then sit around...can't go back to sleep? Doesn't really make sense at that point does it? But he'll show you what he's going to do at 1+ (maybe)...then get those 2+'s and see what's going on...:cool:

Luci has rarely shown me her business at 1+ although I've been advised to get them - and I will get them if she's lower than 200...but most days we start high and end high - her curves...I can see her pattern pretty well now - and you know I probably just jinxed myself by saying that:rolleyes: - she'll throw me a curve ball soon - for even thinking that I could possibly know what she's going to do...this is her show:facepalm:...I must never forget that...Did you see her numbers from last night? She was showing DH how it looks when she's flying to the lagoon!:eek: My she was in a rush to get back with the other kittiehs for some lagoon time...unfortunately earned her first strike (3 x under 50)...gotta watch her!:bighug::bighug:

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Jamie, Bubba can't eat beef. It makes him throw up within 15 minutes or so of eating. My dog, Lucy, can't eat it either, she gets nasty hot spots from it. So, we are a no big zone here, LOL. If you think about it, beef is not a species appropriate food for cats or dogs. Neither could take down a cow in the wild.

Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  8. Bellasmom

Yeah definitely wont do it again
    Thanks!

9. Bellasmom

Boy when shes on a mission, shes on a mission and u better get out of her way quickly, no stopping that girl!
    Shes afraid she will miss something lol

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

12. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I always wonder why cats like fish so much? I don't think they've ever gone fishing? Why don't they make cat food out of Mice? Or regular ,common Birds? Rabbit is something they will eat in the wild,but i don't hear many people feeding Rabbit

I don't think they "Hunt" a big old Turkey either, or a Chicken! Is it just what someone decided to put in a can & our cats have gotten use to? :confused::confused::confused:

Bellasmom likes this.
  13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey - my HD Guys love beef and guess can take down a cow, lol. But being on the new low phos low carb food they only get chicken and duck.........at least duck is a dark meat, so they think they're getting beef, haha.

Nice +2 there, yeah!

Bellasmom likes this.
  14. Bellasmom

I was thinking same thing when I was food hunting lol

15. Bellasmom

Dont see many with a fishing rod lol

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  16. Bellasmom

Lol

17. Olive & Paula

I've had cats allergic to fish. My current don't like liver, duck, pheasant, quail, venison, or lamb. Turkey is so so for them. They love beef and chicken.

Bellasmom likes this.
  18. Bellasmom

Bella will do duck, chicken, lamb, he won’t do venison and never has had qual or pheasant, he will do turkey if it’s freeze dried and not with water
    Man, cats are finicky aren’t they
    And some days some won’t eat what they have been eating and want what the other has, everyone can do that but Abby as she has the ff gravy all the time, yeah I know, but she has to eat
    I can remember what my cats will and won’t eat but cat remember what hubby doesn’t like, what’s that tell you lol

19. Olive & Paula

Yes they have to eat. My Tripper gets some Dr Elseys dry mixed with the VE freeze dried raw most nights and FF. At night, since she's in the basement Olive can't get to it. The bowls are always empty in no time at all. She has put on the weight she lost last year finally.

20. Bellasmom

That's what I'm hoping for with abby shes 6.5lbs and had gained the .5 when we went a cpl weeks ago for t4 test

21. Bellasmom

What's the VE freeze dried?

22. Olive & Paula

Vital Essentials dehydrated freeze dried raw. It's the only thing that got Tripper off dry food. She was free fed dried since birth thats 15 yrs. I tried for 3 years (when I had Smokey) to get her off dry. Tried every food and brand. The VE worked and then I started crumbling the patties on wet food and she started eating it. Been dry free a year now. Only just started mixing Dr elseys dry (to use up the bag) about 10 pieces with the VE nibs. When PJ came she became to stressed out, hiding, not eating, lost the fur on her ears, lost weight over 2 lbs. She starting going into the basement when she could, but it's to cold down there for the winter. She hid in our closet. We let her back down in the spring. Because she was still losing weight and fearful in the house. Gained her weight, more social with us and just much happier. I hope for mild winter so we don't have to bring her up and become stressed out again. If we have to we will.

23. Bellasmom

I will have to keep that brand in mind just in case
    I hope its mild for u guys as well, poor kitty, glad kitty is better !