8/31 Calcitriol

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Ravan had his 6th shot of Adequan and 2nd dose of Calcitriol this morning.
    After Ravan got his meds & his insulin shot i went back in the house. I heard meowing & went to the back door. To my amazement Ravan was "Chasing a butterfly" in my garden. He was running & "JUMPING"!! Then he attacked Peggy Sue & they rolled around playing. I brought out toys & He got really wild! Talking & acting like a young cat! This went on for over half an hour.
    I'm sure that Ravan's "GREAT" morning yesterday was from the Calcitriol. I read that it can cause an almost immediate improvement in energy & appetite. He's doing good this morning but nothing like yesterday.

He's getting a nano dose every 84 hrs. ( I ordered from a compounding Pharmacy & got the un flavored Calcitriol) The first time I gave it I mixed it in a bit of baby food but I read it must be given on an empty stomach.
    He needs to be fasted 1 hour before & at least 30 mins after. Yesterday I just gave him the Calcitriol plain & he didn't mind at all. I don't think it tastes like anything.

Another improvement is that he hasn't leaked urine for nearly 3 days now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.